The frosty morning show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caramel looks like a decent girl, maybe a little timid, and can be an easy "prey" to someone like Debbie. It could also be one of the "mirror, mirror on the wall" thing. Debbie may be resenting someone else who is prettier and younger the " Miss UK" or was it "Miss GB" ?

Hardly. She's done thousands of hours of live TV, most of it sales. I'm not saying DG wasn't being a bitch, I can quite imagine it, but let's keep it real on Caramel..

The frosty morning show

I am not a fan of Debbie G or Carmel's presenting style , so the two together is a no,no for me.

Apologies for going entirely off topic, but I love your Lawrence Krauss footnote Capirossi, it reminds me of the following which gives me great comfort for some reason.

Our story is the story of the universe. Every piece of everyone and everything you love, of everything you hate, of every thing you hold precious, was assembled in the first few minutes of the life of the Universe and transformed in the hearts of stars or created in their fiery deaths, When you die those pieces will be returned to the Universe in the endless cycle of death and rebirth. What a wonderful thing it is to be a part of that universe - and what a journey, What a majestic story!
Professor Brian Cox

Same here Frazzled. Science is my 'religion' if you like! Love that Brian Cox quote also. :heart: Coxy!! Most of these quotes on a similar vein are Carl Sagan inspired. I don't know if you have read any of his work or seen the videos, but he's a must. Sorry, just have to take that tangent a little further with these beauties:

"Look again at that dot. That’s here. That’s home. That’s us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every “superstar,” every “supreme leader,” every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam" (Taken from Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot) http://www.inspiredspeeches.com/education/carl-sagan-pale-blue-dot

And, one of my science-geekiness all-time faves :tongue:

“The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson (by the way, Neil deGrasse Tyson looks like he should be in the group Cameo - he is such a cool dude!!)

And, ahem, to keep this slightly on-topic....:cheeky: I don't think Carmel is prettier than Debbie either. DG has a natural prettiness to her and I don't think Carmel has that nice a face if you look past the blonde hair, tan, make-up etc. However, she is younger, slimmer and is the 'new girl' - so if there is any jealousy on DG's part I can see that it may come from these.

I have always had a suspicion about DG. Shes far too gushing & in my experience people like that are never genuine. Lovely to your face but sticking knives in your back & slyly causing trouble. Creeps up on you & you don't realise whats going on doing until its happened. Had a sister in law like that, who did it once too often & my husband & I walked away.

I have always had a suspicion about DG. Shes far too gushing & in my experience people like that are never genuine. Lovely to your face but sticking knives in your back & slyly causing trouble. Creeps up on you & you don't realise whats going on doing until its happened. Had a sister in law like that, who did it once too often & my husband & I walked away.

She's also a professional scouser. Always going on about Liverpool and how fantastic it is, but chooses to live in a leafy Surrey village and hasn't been to the 'pool for decades.

Cilla Black and Paul O'grady are another two.

She's also a professional scouser. Always going on about Liverpool and how fantastic it is, but chooses to live in a leafy Surrey village and hasn't been to the 'pool for decades.

Hmmmmm. .............. have to agree with you BB. In the same way that there are professional 'grievers' among the showbiz set ie Gloria Hunniford, Esther Rantzen, Cilla (again), and Sheila Hancock to name but four ..... who all write books and column inches in magazines about their loss and grief, which make them a fortune into the bargain, while us common folk have to deal with it in a private way and get on with life. Sorry, but this does p......ss me off somewhat.

I thought she was a North London girl. Not sure why but lots of the presenters do live in Surrey. Ali Young, Pipa, Debbie Flint and Julia (although Julia may be a bit further out)

I'm easily confused. :eek:) but Debbie Flint definitely lives in Dorking. For some reason I thought Debbie Greenwood lived in North London. But I could well be wrong.

I'm easily confused. :eek:) but Debbie Flint definitely lives in Dorking. For some reason I thought Debbie Greenwood lived in North London. But I could well be wrong.

My use of Surrey was artistic license. What I meant was "down south" and a very long way (in every way) from Liverpool.

Hmmmmm. .............. have to agree with you BB. In the same way that there are professional 'grievers' among the showbiz set ie Gloria Hunniford, Esther Rantzen, Cilla (again), and Sheila Hancock to name but four ..... who all write books and column inches in magazines about their loss and grief, which make them a fortune into the bargain, while us common folk have to deal with it in a private way and get on with life. Sorry, but this does p......ss me off somewhat.

Hancock is the worst for that. She's had about 3 books out of John Thaw's death.. "Life with John" "After John" "Where's John Gone" blah blah bleedin' blah.

Anyone would think she was the first woman to be widowed. Typical ****** actress.

i suppose they live in surrey as its easy to commute to battersea. liverpool would be a little more difficult..

I dislike the way she goes on about chocolate too. All that eye-crossing when she tastes something, and going on and on about sneaking chocolate bars in her handbag "for that afternoon fix eh ladies? *wink*". No one cares about your sad addiction Debbie. Its just sugar. Get over yourself.

Hancock is the worst for that. She's had about 3 books out of John Thaw's death.. "Life with John" "After John" "Where's John Gone" blah blah bleedin' blah.

Anyone would think she was the first woman to be widowed. Typical ****** actress.

i think gloria hunniford is the worst. in particular because her daughter, despite being in the public eye herself, specifically wanted her illness and subsequent untimely death to be kept private. with a mother constantly craving publicity, that was never going to happen. goodness knows how she managed to keep quiet until after her death but sure enough, within a very short time, good old gloria was milking it for all it was worth. just disgusting.

Latest posts

Back