The caring candle company

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So you're parting with nearly £30 - think I would want to know much more before buying, such as exactly how much is going to charity. It may well be perfectly bona fide, but I'm afraid I trust Bid about as far as I can throw them, and by extension am cautious of anyone associated with such a tawdry operation. :hi:

Is it a registered charity? or has it just set itself up and promises to donate to particular charities? Is it a situp thing or has Lisa Brash set it up and solely publicising it through situps? The reason I ask, is the 'percentage' situps gave to the British Legion last year from the poppy things they were selling.

Is it a registered charity? or has it just set itself up and promises to donate to particular charities? Is it a situp thing or has Lisa Brash set it up and solely publicising it through situps? The reason I ask, is the 'percentage' situps gave to the British Legion last year from the poppy things they were selling.

To make it clear, it has NOTHING to do with sit-up :) It's all down to lisa, and she had to go to the bank herself to set up an account, and get funding for the candles.

I do think the website needs to be much clearer as to whether:

1) This is a business selling candles with Lisa giving a proportion of the profits to charity. Lisa needs to tell people on the website how much exactly from the sale of each candle is going to which charity.

0r

2) It is a registered charitable organisation with a management/board structure to ensure that the proceeds are going to the right causes.

I think it is a lovely idea but there needs to be much more information and evidence that this is a serious enterprise/organisation with the proper and transparent structures in place.

To make it clear, it has NOTHING to do with sit-up :) It's all down to lisa, and she had to go to the bank herself to set up an account, and get funding for the candles.

Did she? That must have taken ages :tongue:

to all who are talking about the caring candle company, 20 percent of the sale goes to charity of your choice (there is a choice of 12 on the website) this is a company that has took me over 15 months to get off the ground and all of my personal savings, this will also be audited by the government on a regular basis I can assure you that all monies will be going to these causes, most companies only donate a small percentage to charities and when i say 20 percent i dont mean 20 percent on the profit i mean 20 percent of the gross, this meaning that once the cost of the candle, tax and donation has been taken into account the profit will be enough to keep the company going, my aim is to raise 1 million pounds for charities and this is to help and try to prevent other people going through what my family went through on the untimely passing of my wonderful dad and also my mums current fight with aggressive breast cancer, if you read the "about us" section on the website all is explained in this, if you like me as a person/presenter or not this should not matter as all this has to do with is raising monies to help people who deserve this, such as the Ben appeal that i am currently trying to raise 5k who is an amazing 6 year old little boy, please go onto www.thecaringcandlecompany.com and read the details of Bens fight, the SIT UP channels have kindly donated 2.5k to this particular appeal which i am so grateful for and have also agreed to do an event night where for one hour we will sell the candles and raise thousands and thousands of pounds for charities that are personal to you!!! I pray that non of you ever need any of these charities but we dont pick a disease a disease picks us and NOBODY is exempt.

I know im like marmite you love or hate me but whatever you think of me please remember, that god forbid you or someone you love needs these charities and believe you me, my pain was as real as anybody's when i lost my dad and potentially could loose my mum who i adore and love, i write this with tears in my eyes because a huge empty hole has been left with me, as awful, crude and as common as i can sometimes be, im still a daddys girl who lost her father in the prime of his time and I hope by trying to do this I make him proud, please check out the website and i will keep you informed of dates for the event and together we all can make a change lots of love lisa b xxxx

this will also be audited by the government on a regular basis

I've never heard this phrase before. Could you elucidate please, Lisa. Have you sought the permission of these charities to use their names to sell these candles? Have you been officially endorsed by them?

In addition, why are there no business details on your website? You only have a email address. No registered address or proper customer services system.

Last edited:
I'm sure this is a worthwhile charity effort, but it's not for me. I rather give to my favourite good causes... dementia, autism cardiac. I expect many will pick these candles as their favourite charity

I don't know about autism, but dementia and cardiac charities are both included here, amongst many others. Really good point made about the disease choosing you and not the other way around. The only reason it's "not for me" is sadly, I can't afford to buy one, but I'm jolly tempted to save up for one. I think it's fantastic idea, and I wish her all the luck in the world . Lisa, I hope your mum goes from strength to strength x

Latest posts

Back