That's what I call delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
I ordered a small table & 2 chairs for the garden yesterday afternoon ( 27/6) I think after 4pm from the John Lewis web site.I had seen it in store but thought I would order on line to save me carrying/ getting into the car etc.Delivery was free as it was over £50 ( just).It arrived at 8a.m this morning (28/6) via City Link.That is what I call delivery.I ordered an item from Q at the weekend & am still waiting, although within the 5-7 working days & have paid over £6 for P&P.
I am now waiting for the rain to stop so I can put them outside!

yep their P&P is getting beyond a joke these days, the Camouflage Company bags TSV the other was a classic - both sisters were on raving about how wonderful their bags were and that they were sooooo light - yet they were charging £5!! postage. Crazeee!

Hope the rain keeps off so that you can enjoy your new furniture.

I ordered some Arnica from QVC on tuesday and it was delivered first thing this morning....

DD ordered a couple of sale items from Misguided on Tuesday at 5pm and they were delivered at 9am yesterday, free postage and returns can be sent by post or via a local collection point (Collect+) which is down the road at our local open-all-hours Spar. The day of reckoning will arrive for QVC and their dreadful delivery (finger-crossed).

Jude xx

Good grief that is quick. Mind you I ordered something from Sports Direct late Saturday afternoon and that was delivered on the Monday.

and I ordered an Eeek ring on the 19th June and that arrived yesterday, the 27th...in the good old days a you'd receive a small jewellery order like that in 2-3 days.

the rain's stopped here SF, hope you'll soon be enjoying your new furniture!

I've noticed that the warehouse in Liverpool is much slower to dispatch, and the Hermes couriers are taking a little longer to deliver sometimes, but the Royal Mail is shockingly slow these days.

Just ordered from Liz Earle website--3 items £3 postage & it won't be long 'til it's here.
Am putting on my raincape so I can enjoy my furniture!

I'm sure standards are slipping at QVC despatch/processing. Recently I had to wait over a week for a last clicks piece of Eek that was £4.95 p&p. I queried this high cost and was told QVC don't fix the charges, the couriers / RM do! I went ahead with the order as it was a 75% discount on the original price.

But they shove these boxes along with invoice and programme schedule into the smallest size of jiffy bags and some recently have arrived barely sealed. Obviously no care and attention to ensuring the bag is securely closed....l half expected the contents to be missing! Yet a recent order from Debenhams half price sale was on free deiivery by courier and arrived well packaged and very promptly.

If that's even remotely true QVC should seriously consider renegotiating their deal with royalmail, Hermes etc.

Jude xx

If that's even remotely true QVC should seriously consider renegotiating their deal with royalmail, Hermes etc.

Jude xx

Quite! And sort out the shoddy packaging whilst they're at it.....obviously trying to save on costs by using smaller bags.

I do agree that the P & P is extortionate, but I half justify it to myself by thinking that part of that goes towards the 30 day guarantee, which when buying cosmetics especially, is a great thing to have.

(my first post on the forum, so please be kind:happy:

I recently purchased cosmetics from Debenhams online, around lunchtime and they were delivered the next morning, P&P free. I bought from there because QVC didn't have the stock but it was cheaper too! I avoid ordering from QVC sometimes as I know it won't be delivered in time or I just can't be bothered to wait that long.

it does make you wonder why we bother doesn't it! I was doing a trawl thru Last Clicks and ordered a little brush set (well, it's pink!) so I wonder how long that will take - quicker via Hermes so maybe I should just order bigger products!

Hello Sparkly :wave: Welcome to the forum.

I think QVC p&p are very high especially when you are ordering dresses in two different sizes becuase of the lack of standard sizes or correct information on QVC.
Thanks to this forum I have learnt that I can return things under DSR and claim my postage back.

Hi Sparky, I've often seen it as a kind of insurance ie. 30 day money back guarantee. If you know you're going to keep something you can often get it cheaper and quicker elsewhere. But that isn't the way they justify it, and when I think about it, it rarely justifies it for me. Let alone high cost for slow service, it is all so illogical - the variation in costs of p and p, the charging per item.

Don't see how it is the couriers that set the prices - the same couriers deliver from other suppliers at much lower costs so if it is, they should renegotiate. I don't fully believe it is though - they told me that p and p per item rather than order was due to the fact things can be a mile apart in the warehouse. But the same dress in two sizes or colours isn't going to be a mile apart, surely?

Maybe if they are charging per item, and a varied price per item at that, they should show on screen a total cost including p and p aswell as the item cost, not just a small print p and p cost.

Last edited:
For a company whose business depends on delivery by courier/mail being dictated by them re charges is unthinkable.QVC should have a strong case for special rates not the reverse.I remember when Q orders arrived very quickly.As someone else has said we are paying for the 30MBG which is very useful when you really want to try something & send it back if it doesn't perform as expected.I have returned more & more recently because the items just did not look worth the money.I'd hate to think how much I've paid to get something here & then return sometimes on the same day.

I placed a few orders last night between 6.15 and 6.30 pm. My order from Sports direct was delivered at 10am this morning. Yes I did pay a delivery charge, but knew from previous experience it would be delivered the next day which I think is great service. My 2nd order from Amazon has been dispatched, so that will be here either tomorrow or Saturday free of charge. I also ordered from a small independent company and this order has been dispatched already.
I do think QVC need to address their p&p charges as it really puts me off buying. Another issue is when you order the same item in different colours, you are charged the same p&p per each item even though it has an identical order number. It just seems a total rip off, especially when other channels can offer better value postage deals. You'd think QVC would be able to offer something more competitive.

but why should they when people keep buying - me included, tho not as often as it used to be and 95% of the time from Last Clicks, but unfortunately the P & P isn't last clicked to match!

Latest posts

Back