That letter!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Where are these terms and conditions?

Perhaps we should all call CS and ask to be sent written copies of them, and see what happens.

BTW IW were selling a memory foam mattress recently. They encouraged us to buy it and try it, and return if not happy. But it said on the screen that it could only be returned if the packaging had not been opened!!!

I've read the T & C on their website and it makes no mention of the figure of 50% when it comes to return rates. It does however mention that if your return rate is "extremely high" then your account might be closed. It doesn't however define what they mean by "extremely high".

They do also say that they will contact customers and work with them if their return rate is "very high", again not defining what "very high" actually means.

The relevant section is number 9 on this link:
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/main.html.file.|Terms_Conditions,html?cm_re=Footer-_-Legal-_-TermsConditions

I think they are running the risk of alienating customers with this rule as it seems from posters on here that it is happening to people who may have returned a few items - but on the other hand have also purchased a huge amount! I have returned a fair few things, though never had *the letter*. I have never bought and returned used beauty products...I wonder if it's these customers who are targeted? I'm not saying it's wrong, especially as QVC actively encourage this, but QVC must lose a fair whack on used products (their fault).

Last edited:
I return some beauty items, but always the day after receiving them. I do not use them for a month and then return, only if they genuinely are not suitable. that is why I buy new products form Q rather than direct from the suppliers' website.

Very little to watch and buy on there now anyway, the appeal is really minimal. maybe the Alpha H TSV, but most of their make up comes in kits, where I might only want a blusher or a lippie and if I buy from them I am paying for loads of stuff I shall not use.

i think we have to remember that there WILL be people, and probably quite a lot, who completely take the p*ss with the MBG.

Agree completely. Met someone recently who had a lot of QVC jewellery, I said "you must have spent a fortune over the years" and she smirked and said "well, you know, there were quite a few £500 necklaces that Never Arrived..." What do you mean, asked I? Oh, she goes, you say it never turned up, they send you a replacement and you sell the first one on ebay. Haven't you ever done that?

Forgive me for a Franks-esque moment here but - like, HELLO????

No, I don't have a criminal thieving immoral mentality so I haven't ever done that. And it's people like her that are costing us all a fortune in p&p and meaning innocent people are having their accounts closed for sending too much ill-fitting clothing back.

RedRose, did you report them to QVC? I bliddy would have done :angry:
As you say, we're all paying for their profiteering and notion that they are somehow above the law.
I suppose the good thing is now parcels have to be signed for if it's a customer where things have "gone missing".

Latest posts

Back