That letter again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
Got THE LETTER this morning! what a bad girl I've been! returned 56% whereas only 50% is permitted, and if I don't mend my ways, my account will be closed.

As we have all said ad nauseam, if this is their policy, they must state it on air while their presenters are urging us to buy more and more as it is all on 30 day MBG.

If they spent more time explaining and showing the products properly without the hype, there would be fewer returns.

Might take it up with Broadcasting Standards.:headbang:

Yes I totally agree. I've never heard any of the presenters mention it. Let them close your account. In fact I think I'd phone them and ask them to close my account before they have the chance to.

What is the base line figure for this "over 50%" , 10 purchases, 20, 100 and over what time period? They need to be much more up front about this and state actual figures in their terms and conditions.

I would take it up with them if I actually cared! In reality, shall simply purchase less often. only buy anyway stuff I cannot get elsewhere. Delivery is still dire - ordered some books from Amazon at the weekend, two bags from TK Maxx, all arrived within 2 days - QVC stuff still somewhere in yodelland.

What is the base line figure for this "over 50%" , 10 purchases, 20, 100 and over what time period? They need to be much more up front about this and state actual figures in their terms and conditions.

This has been discussed before and I think its over a 12 month period

It can't just be the percentage though. If I'd ordered four things over a period of a year and returned two then I don't believe I'd be getting the letter. It has to be the percentage and the volume or perhaps the value.

I don't order that much and my return rate is much higher on clothes. In fact that's pretty much all I ever return. I mainly buy jewellery with some skincare, make-up and some clothes thrown in. I think if I was only buying clothes I'd be well over the 50%. I'd hope I never do get the letter largely because it would ipp me off because of all the ****** postage I'd have paid for nowt.

I would take it up with them if I actually cared! In reality, shall simply purchase less often. only buy anyway stuff I cannot get elsewhere. Delivery is still dire - ordered some books from Amazon at the weekend, two bags from TK Maxx, all arrived within 2 days - QVC stuff still somewhere in yodelland.

There's very little you can't get elsewhere if you Google it and most of that no-one in their right mind would want to buy anyway.

Trouble is QVC have their ass's covered as its in the small print of Terms and Conditions in the small print about returns and what is acceptable.

On the facebook we discovered how much of a beauty product you can use and is acceptable to them when you return as well!!!! Oh yes they know you should only use X amount in the 30 day period. So don't whatever you do be heavy handed when slapping on the Liz Earle,Elemis,Decleor,Gatineau, Alpha H etc. They can it seems return beauty product back to you and refuse to accept it back!

That's a bit much when they're always banging on, regarding skin creams, to use it for the full 30 days to get the full effects then if you don't like it, or it doesn't work for you, to return it for a refund!

In days gone by they used to call it an "unconditional money back guarantee", but they don't any more.

Whats all this negativity over qvc , just because u get the letter boo hoo get over it there is worse things in life , i have shopped for years with qvc and sent loads back but if u dont abuse their service u will not get the letter

Whats all this negativity over qvc , just because u get the letter boo hoo get over it there is worse things in life , i have shopped for years with qvc and sent loads back but if u dont abuse their service u will not get the letter
Well bully for you. Can't you spell 'you'??

That is rather harsh!

QVC have a no quibble 30 day money back guarantee so it is no wonder people get annoyed at receiving these letters.

Thanks for that post...well worth a read. Now don't let the door hit you...

sorry, but surely that comment is a contradiction? If you have sent loads back, why haven't you had the same letter then? In what way are you saying Ruthmay has "abused" their service to deserve getting the letter when you haven't?

Yes they can`t have it both ways can they? You can either return anything you aren`t pleased with regardless of how much you have previously returned or not but they should state this because they are misleading us at the moment!

Caca I can understand anyone getting annoyed and venting their anger on here I thought that was part of what the forum was for to enlighten all whats goes on at QVC.
As you don`t know how much Ruthmay spends with QVC it could and may well be thousands so is still a very good customer
despite making what `they` deem to be too many returns, so because you don`t know the details and don`t need to I don`t think your comment wasn`t warranted!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure I can sympathise with QVC and their perceived abuse when they regularly resell returned items at the full price and the cost those items which are returned but not resold is stood by the vendor not QVC.

The % is very vague, if you ask them to accurately itemise which types of returns are acceptable they can't say. Faulty items, inaccurate sizes given on air , items not delivered, orders cancelled under DSR are all recorded as returns on your account but these items shouldn't be classed as abuses of the MBG.

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back