Tess Daly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My first diamonique was a silver ring, might have cost under £15? I then moved to the 14ct gold versions, I LOVED Tuesday and Friday teatime as that was when QVC put up sales stuff on Teletext or Ceefax can't remember which one. No pictures, just description and on the phone to QCUT to order. I remember spotting an Aveda set really cheap ordered and phoning friends to let them know. Everything used to go in the blink of an eye.

One of the diamonique ones 14ct has a twist double bands for the band in white gold and then yellow gold for the stone setting and sides. I still wear that ring. Then QVC moved to 9ct gold I have a few pairs of stud diamonique earrings and even a ring.
OMG I was addicted to checking Ceefax. Had some great jewellery bargains. 😍

My first diamonique was a silver ring, might have cost under £15? I then moved to the 14ct gold versions, I LOVED Tuesday and Friday teatime as that was when QVC put up sales stuff on Teletext or Ceefax can't remember which one. No pictures, just description and on the phone to QCUT to order. I remember spotting an Aveda set really cheap ordered and phoning friends to let them know. Everything used to go in the blink of an eye.

One of the diamonique ones 14ct has a twist double bands for the band in white gold and then yellow gold for the stone setting and sides. I still wear that ring. Then QVC moved to 9ct gold I have a few pairs of stud diamonique earrings and even a ring.
I never knew about the Ceefax thing, that's amazing!

Oh I remember the popcorn link watch! I always thought it was beautiful, but I have and still wear the solid silver Diamonique tennis watch. Last time I had the battery changed the jeweller commented on how fine the watch movement was! £75.00 easily twenty years ago! I also bought a 9ct gold Vincenza watch with a really unusual woven style band. It was £271.00 (I remember exactly how much it cost!). Still worn and loved today, but I can’t even imagine how much it would cost now.
Ooh the Diamonique tennis watch sounds lovely - is it CZs over the wristband, as well as the face? I'm a big fan of Diamonique, I do think it's excellent quality cubic zirconia.

Glad you remember the gold popcorn range too! Gosh your Vincenca watch sounds gorgeous too. Was the Vincenza range 9ct or 14ct? Either way, it would easily cost at least £1,000 today I imagine, with the crazy gold prices.

Ooh the Diamonique tennis watch sounds lovely - is it CZs over the wristband, as well as the face? I'm a big fan of Diamonique, I do think it's excellent quality cubic zirconia.

Glad you remember the gold popcorn range too! Gosh your Vincenca watch sounds gorgeous too. Was the Vincenza range 9ct or 14ct? Either way, it would easily cost at least £1,000 today I imagine, with the crazy gold prices.
Both watches. The gold one is 9ct . The top two rings are platinum Diamonique, the bottom two are Tacori which was a Bridal Range from QVC USA and the bottom one was a Judith Ripka, another QVC USA designer range. And tbh, the photos don’t do them justice

Attachments

• IMG_9387.jpeg
    IMG_9387.jpeg
    601.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9389.jpeg
    IMG_9389.jpeg
    630.8 KB · Views: 0
Both watches. The gold one is 9ct . The top two rings are platinum Diamonique, the bottom two are Tacori which was a Bridal Range from QVC USA and the bottom one was a Judith Ripka, another QVC USA designer range. And tbh, the photos don’t do them justice
I have the gold popcorn watch. I also had a silver one, but sadly it stopped working a few years back. I keep meaning to see if I can get it fixed.

Wow thanks so much for the fab pics, I LOVE having a gander at other people's jewellery collections! How fascinating to see these (now vintage) QVC pieces, aren't they wonderful. The quality is superb, really shows up today's far inferior QVC offerings!

Both watches are gorgeous. At first glance I thought the gold one was my popcorn 'Julia Roberts' version, but I now see yours is quite different. It's just lovely, the bracelet's so unusual. Alas QVC is unlikely to do another solid gold watch now, but I wonder if they might push the boat out some day (maybe Christmas?) and do another Diamonique cocktail watch in solid sterling silver like yours? That's probably hopelessly optimistic of me, now they're flogging so much stainless steel jewellery!

The rings are all stunning too. I'm a big fan of Judith Ripka, so distinctive. I must look out for a second hand ring like yours on Ebay, it's gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing! X

Okay, what is going on with the diamonique 30th anniversary pricing?

I saw the live demo of this tennis bracelet, old Dale was doing it. Thought oh, I love that, and it is only £34+! It was £75, I thought it must be in clearance and jumped and bought it. Now the reviews when I went to look up and down mainly because people having problems with the clasp. Mine arrived at lunchtime and no problem for me, I spotted the tiny little silver button you press to open. Holy crap, it is £75 again!!!!! Now, in the reviews, one woman said she bought it for £54 and loved it would have paid £75!!!! Er, not me. So that means it was £54 then went down to £34+ and now back to £75. I have noticed with the anniversary range it is on pre-order and special price, and they must only make so many as they seem to disappear quite quickly.

This is the bracelet.

I forgot to mention the biggest advantage of buying second hand gold jewellery with some age - it's miles better quality than the wafer-thin tat they sell today at eye-watering prices! So old gold is a win-win! I would much rather be gifted a nice piece of vintage fine jewellery than anything from QVC or Gems.
Me, too! Anytime! I treasure a few old family pieces, but I still look around at vintage/antique pieces today and would buy if I found something I loved and the price was right. So much more character and style, and I love Art Deco rings. Most of them are beautifully made and if you shop carefully, you can find good metal weights. I'd welcome vintage or antique jewellery as a gift anytime.

I remember that - there were bargains to be had, and very likely your ring was under £15, I remember they were so reasonably priced.

Okay, what is going on with the diamonique 30th anniversary pricing?

I saw the live demo of this tennis bracelet, old Dale was doing it. Thought oh, I love that, and it is only £34+! It was £75, I thought it must be in clearance and jumped and bought it. Now the reviews when I went to look up and down mainly because people having problems with the clasp. Mine arrived at lunchtime and no problem for me, I spotted the tiny little silver button you press to open. Holy crap, it is £75 again!!!!! Now, in the reviews, one woman said she bought it for £54 and loved it would have paid £75!!!! Er, not me. So that means it was £54 then went down to £34+ and now back to £75. I have noticed with the anniversary range it is on pre-order and special price, and they must only make so many as they seem to disappear quite quickly.

This is the bracelet.

I would have jumped at the chance for this, but not at £75. I had one of the magnetic clasp ones that people didn’t really like, but I had mine for years before it fell of fell my wrist onto an escalator. When I realised I grabbed It, whereupon it snapped, half of it in my hand and the other half disappearing into the depths of the machinery…. Had a look in Swarovski but they were insane prices!!

Wow thanks so much for the fab pics, I LOVE having a gander at other people's jewellery collections! How fascinating to see these (now vintage) QVC pieces, aren't they wonderful. The quality is superb, really shows up today's far inferior QVC offerings!

Both watches are gorgeous. At first glance I thought the gold one was my popcorn 'Julia Roberts' version, but I now see yours is quite different. It's just lovely, the bracelet's so unusual. Alas QVC is unlikely to do another solid gold watch now, but I wonder if they might push the boat out some day (maybe Christmas?) and do another Diamonique cocktail watch in solid sterling silver like yours? That's probably hopelessly optimistic of me, now they're flogging so much stainless steel jewellery!

The rings are all stunning too. I'm a big fan of Judith Ripka, so distinctive. I must look out for a second hand ring like yours on Ebay, it's gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing! X
Thank you all for your lovely comments 😍 I’ve had a lovely hour looking through some boxes and discovered a couple of pairs of JR earrings and a couple of pairs of Tacori ones. Regarding the JR, I can’t believe how much silver in in them and how beautifully they are made.

Attachments

• IMG_9393.jpeg
    IMG_9393.jpeg
    580.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back