Tell Me I AM Dreaming - Amanda Holden range now!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is a joke.what in Amanda Holden's background would inspire me to buy home wear items from a range she has 'created'.?
But then she might then get a MBE (or whatever) for her contribution to the Home wear industry.There must be a lot of hard working individuals who do the WORK fuming about this sort of thing.BUT until the Uk is not 'Celeb' orientated it will continue.

LATI, I couldn't agree with you more. She is yet another one who is "famous for being famous" - and for what? Trying to be fair, I know she has received some very good reviews from the critics for her role in the West End production of "Stepping Out", but I still find her totally unappealing. She comes across as cold, brittle and full of herself and I've never seen her in anything on TV that has not made me want to switch off, however good the other people with her are. Gives me the impression that (like so many "celebs") she would tread on her own granny if it would get her another step up the ladder. I've never heard anyone say much good about her, not exactly popular with the rank and file of people, I'd say. Will this be another range sold off in the sales?

I do find it a complete oxymoron that a totally talentless woman is a judge on a do called talent show.

I saw her in Stepping Out and she was really good. My theatre group went when it did a pre WE tour. I have also liked her as an actress on TV. I think the negatives have come more from her becoming a judge on BGT and seeming to be a bit up herself.

I don't watch BGT or anything else so my intense dislike of her does not stem from that.

I remember clips of her on Blind Date and she was no looker then so it's all manufactured.

I have never watched a show where Simon Cowell is involved, so I too cannot comment on her BGT appearances. Its when her face is on every magazine cover and newspaper coverage pouting and posing in very little clothing that I know its THAT time of year again. I'll never forget that selfie of her bare backside when she was doing maternity cover on Good Morning. What kind of middle aged mother of youngsters pulls a stunt like that ?

This month's Ideal Home magazine featured a couple of her items, specifically mentioning QVC, so Q have obviously paid for the publicity.

The beginning of the article starts, "She may not be known for her interior design credentials"..... indeed! :mysmilie_17:

I bet she wouldn`t give breathing space to any of those items in her own house. I`d pretend to love terrible made in China tat if they paid me enough.

That must be phrase of the year!

What is AH known for anyway? Can you tell I find her annoying? :mysmilie_1:

I saw her in Stepping Out and she was really good. My theatre group went when it did a pre WE tour. I have also liked her as an actress on TV. I think the negatives have come more from her becoming a judge on BGT and seeming to be a bit up herself.

I loved the film Stepping Out with Liza Minelli and Julie Walters, but its always great to see some decent tap dancing live on stage. (42nd Street here I come!) but I noticed the ad for the show in the national n/papers, says AMANDA HOLDEN in slightly large type than Stepping Out, so despite me loving a good musical, I refuse to see the show because of her presence. Sadly she's created this ambitious persona which could be her undoing, but I suppose she does have fans, somewhere.

We're off to 42nd Street next week!!!! It should be great, and even perhaps deafening LOL. I too love a bit of musical theatre. I can't remember the billboards etc for Stepping Out when it was on tour. IIRC hers was the only name showing.....

When will QVC realise that we are not going to be persuaded into buying over priced pretentious s**t just because a so called celebrity is endorsing it. I am waiting to see how much of this range will be on the shelves soon in the Shrewsbury outlet shop! I've never been someone that follows the crowd & buys things because celebrities have/endorse items & I'm not going to start now. I would much prefer to keep my vintage champagne glasses that belonged to my late Aunt- I like them & they mean something to me rather than have a set of run of the mill ones just because AH is flogging them. My advice- save up for some quality ones!

When will QVC realise that we are not going to be persuaded into buying over priced pretentious s**t just because a so called celebrity is endorsing it. I am waiting to see how much of this range will be on the shelves soon in the Shrewsbury outlet shop! I've never been someone that follows the crowd & buys things because celebrities have/endorse items & I'm not going to start now. I would much prefer to keep my vintage champagne glasses that belonged to my late Aunt- I like them & they mean something to me rather than have a set of run of the mill ones just because AH is flogging them. My advice- save up for some quality ones!

Totally agree, Scandi, but the nature of the Q cult members is such that they will buy any old overpriced tat if someone tells them to AND they'll gush about it.

AH's range is that kind of Made in China bumph which comes from the same factory and is sold to all sorts of brands who either price it up or down depending on their clientele. Those trunks are a prime example - you can find them in loads of places and all at different prices even though they're the same ****** product, madness!!!! I'm guessing AH's range will sell out though as the Q cultists will imagine it brings them closer to a celeb, all rather disturbing.

Celebrity endorsements definitely don't work for me and would never make me buy them! My friends and family say the same!

Most of it is cheap looking and are actually too expensive! This AH takes it to a whole new level! :mysmilie_5:

QVC seem to be enlisting a few choice 'celebrity' persons to their ranks.No wonder the prices of goods keep going up as they must have to pay these people well for the privilege (ha ha) of their precious time when they appear/demo on a show .Conversely,it provides QVC with some reputation and kudos to have them on board.I just hope Ms H manages to hold back the tears which seem to flow so freely whenever she appears on TV -most notably on BGT.I don't know if it's just hard hearted me,but it's rather nauseating and insincere. (In my opinion)

AH and Ruthy who loves "shopping!" will go the way of Joan Collins, John Barrowman and the other woman off "Lose Women" etc.....as soon as they don't need/want to sell on QVC anymore, you won't see them for the dust off their heels as they can't get away fast enough.

Media careers can be over in a flash, or go through fallow patches. People still need an income during those times as they are all self-employed, but have to keep a roof over their heads, support families etc. If they can leverage their name commercially, I don't blame them. But ultimately if they get another acting or other work outside of QVC, I of course they're gone in a flash. The evidence seems clear that staying too long confirms the end of a genuine mainstream media career. Look at Marv, who kept her hand in with regional TV while at QVC and has gone, same with Anna Cookson. Jackie Kabler may be running out of time or has decided the writing is a better bet, and QVC more flexible to work round it. Kathy Tayler and Ali Keenan, as well as Julia and Debbie have passed the point of no return as well as Simon Biagi.

Latest posts

Back