Telephone Callers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

YORKO

Registered Shopper
Fess up now have any of you ever called the studio?

I once tried when bladdered but didnt dial the right number, probably just as well

No I have never phoned up, but I am intrigued about what you were going to say when you nearly phoned in. Were you going to slate a particular product?

QUOTE=Sweep;582489]No I have never phoned up, but I am intrigued about what you were going to say when you nearly phoned in. Were you going to slate a particular product?[/QUOTE]

from what I can remember it was a Gatineau TSV with throat gel in it and as I reacted badly the first time I used it I think it was a question regarding that. Dont think Id have got through to the studio as I suspect I may have been a bit slurry (brought on by tequila slammers). Would have probably got a mention on here though if I had managed it :angel:[

I've been asked a couple of times if I'd like to be put through to studio (ages ago when I used to phone and order as opposed to clicking!) but I politely declined. I didn't feel I had enough positive things to say!

Apologies to any of you who have phoned in and spoken live on air but when a telephone caller comes on I have to change channel as I cringe with embarrassment for them.

No I have never phoned up, but I am intrigued about what you were going to say when you nearly phoned in. Were you going to slate a particular product?

I may be wrong but I don't think you would be put through if you were phoning to slate a product.

A few years back I rang in and spoke with Suzi B and Anne Dawson because Suzi had advised me about something to wear to a wedding and I wanted to thank her. Everyone was very nice and I don't think I made too much of an idiot of myself. I was also once asked to go on when I ordered quite a few Diamonique items at once, but since I was ringing from a Diamonique event at Harrods at the time (and using the QVC employee's cellphone, decided it might not be entirely appropriate. I was a bit taken aback a few weeks ago when I realised that a question I had submitted via FB/Twitter to Simon Wilson had been put to him by Will on one of those recorded pieces for the website (requesting a blinged-out inhaler case!). It had been on there several months and I hadn't seen it before!

Me too! Especially if the caller goes on the tell all about their medical conditions/ailments. I feel sorry for them. Some of the callers must be lonely too.

Apologies to any of you who have phoned in and spoken live on air but when a telephone caller comes on I have to change channel as I cringe with embarrassment for them.

No, I've never rung in either but like petpixie have been asked when ordering if I would like to go through to the studio .... never been brave enough to say yes though

I've always wondered if any of the beauty brands send out free products to people after they phone up to rave about the products? I remember something that was said when someone called up raving about one brand that made me think that it might happen. I might start calling up if they do ;-P

Once a caller rang in the Judith Williams skincare show and was very complimentary and Judith was flattered, the caller then went on to say the range is so affordable and said "I used to use a French brand that QVC also stock but it was far too expensive and left my purse empty". Anne Dawson then swiftly cut in and said "I think we'll leave it there". I wonder if the the caller was talking about Decleor or Gatineau? Any other callers that nearly named dropped a "prestigious" brand?

Once a caller rang in the Judith Williams skincare show and was very complimentary and Judith was flattered, the caller then went on to say the range is so affordable and said "I used to use a French brand that QVC also stock but it was far too expensive and left my purse empty". Anne Dawson then swiftly cut in and said "I think we'll leave it there". I wonder if the the caller was talking about Decleor or Gatineau? Any other callers that nearly named dropped a "prestigious" brand?

Could have been Nuxe, I loved that brand. Q don't sell it now.

I've been asked if I wanted to go through during a L'Occitane show but declined. I once rang customer services and asked for the item number for Tova's wig. I find the callers highly amusing, for all the wrong reasons.

I was asked if I wanted to be put through to the studio (to speak to Charlie) on the first occasion that I rang QVC to place my first order. I politely declined. I now order via QCut or online because it's easier, but if I did order on the phone and was asked if I wanted to speak to the studio I'd still say 'no.'

They only want you to gush so what's the point, free advertisement for their products. Their finger is on the cut button in case of cranks so to denigrate an item will result in the chop. Absolute time wasting. The petrified look on the presenter and guest in case it all goes pear shaped makes for very uncomfortable viewing, they need to stop it. Even Twittering caused massive embarrassment to JR when she read out a link without reading it to herself first. New technology does not have to be embraced Q!

Years ago I had a bad accident and my leg was in plaster for four months. I rang in on one of Alisons In the Salon shows to ask what to use on the skin when the plaster did come off and she recommended the L'Occitane solid shea butter (large tin) which they used to sell.

Could have been Nuxe, I loved that brand. Q don't sell it now.

No, Nuxe is not high end as such, so Decleor or Gatineau.

Sorry, but I used to call TCallers the creeping dead.

Most seemed to have some sort of serious illness, or their husband had just died.

Wasn't there one who stated she nearly fell over her oxygen tank to get to the phone to order whatever product?:smirk:

Hi, Charlie. Yes I died and was buried last week. But as I am a zombie decided to phone in and recommend Michelle Hope fashion. I wouldn't be buried in anything else.

Latest posts

Back