Tarte TSV 15/10/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So a woman on the Q Facebook was complaining when she pumped the pump nothing was coming out. She just could not get the pump to work and was going to have to send the whole thing back. Someone had to explain it was a dropper and you had to pump the top then unscrew and use the dropper. She mustn't have watched any of the shows. Even so I am sure she must have come across a dropper bottle once in her life.

So a woman on the Q Facebook was complaining when she pumped the pump nothing was coming out. She just could not get the pump to work and was going to have to send the whole thing back. Someone had to explain it was a dropper and you had to pump the top then unscrew and use the dropper. She mustn't have watched any of the shows. Even so I am sure she must have come across a dropper bottle once in her life.

That person may have been using the product in correctly, but that dropper is pants though. I thought mine was just a dud when I first bought this a few months ago, but my foundation from this TSV is just as rubbish for application as that one (which I sent back because the dropper annoyed me & the colour was wrong).

How are people enjoying their TSV's? I'm always late to the party as it takes at least two weeks to get here! :0

How are people enjoying their TSV's? I'm always late to the party as it takes at least two weeks to get here! :0

I'm enjoying mine, really like all of it. Apart from that ****** dropper for the foundation. I hate that.

I am enjoying it too. I am mixing the Tarte foundation with the one in the tube from a previous TSV. The foundation with the dropper is not the best delivery system and I my frugal side is already sensing that a lot of product will be wasted. The brush is beautiful. The eyeliner is gorgeous. People seem to love the lipstick, but my bad luck, all the Tarte lipsticks seem to turn a Barbie, bubblegum pink on me. However, it does go on beautifully, really moisturising and a lovely hint of vanilla.

The drops on the brush method smacks of a cynical marketing ploy to make you use more foundation that you need; the brush absorbs way too much product, so my preferred method is to whack it on with my finger tips (mostly) and then use a dry flat top kabuki to buff to a seamless finish. If I've got more time I'd rather use a thin, flat foundation brush to apply it- like painting. All credit to Smashbox I'm still using 3 of their foundation brushes (number 13) in rotation all bought when they were still on QVC with Timber and Daniel. I still have a brand new one somewhere, bought from the much missed JustBeautyDirect.

I like mine, not mad about the brush now. I washed it and still have some foundation on the bristles, so using my own Real Techniques brush instead.

I had the same issue - I washed mine at weekend and there was still foundation in it once it had finally dried.

Off topic but I bought a litre of beautiful French liquid hand wash, no nasties, for £5.99 in TKmaxx. Beat that Alexis. Dr Bronner is brilliant stuff too.

I ordered two shades in the end, as couldn't make up my mind between Fair-Light Neutral and Light Neutral. Not the most economical way to do it, but I was expecting the TSV to sell out, and at least it saved me having to wait for Q to process an exchange. The Light Neutral was too orange on me, but the Fair-Light Neutral was just right. Gave a nice, natural finish, that held up to a 15 hour day. Didn't find the coverage amazing, certainly not as good as the 12hr foundation, but a much better shade on me. The lipstick was the only thing I really wasn't keen on, thought it was a bit of an old fashioned colour. Looked a bit Dame Barbara Cartland on me (particularly with the orange foundation!)

Just wondering if anyone knows when the Tarte auto delivery is due out and exactly what's in it? I'm sure someone on here posted photos of the auto deliveries but for the life of me I can't seem to find them??? Does anyone know exactly what will be included in both drops because there were a few differences weren't there? An eyeliner included in the first one in the description but not in the photo and a palette in the second but in the photo a silly contour stick!! Oh I wish they didn't do so many cock ups......it seems to happen a lot and is very confusing!
On the other hand.......I don't ****** need any more make-up and am trying to talk myself into cancelling it lol
xx

The next one is due in January, the last one in April..

This is what's in them

First delivery contains:
1 x Brow Architect Brow Shaper, Liner and Definer (0.2ml Liner; 0.4ml Definer) - a 3-in-1 brow brush, pencil, and underscoring concealer that allows you to shape, line, and define your brows with one simple too
1 x Untamed Amazonian Clay Eye and Cheek Palette - a longwearing eyeshadow and blush palette for day-to-play looks
1 x Eyeshadow brush
1 x Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation (SPF15) (30ml)
1 x Amazon Clay Silk Eyeliner in Black-Brown (0.2g)
1 x Double-Ended Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara in black (5ml)
1 x Opening Act Last Primer (5ml)
1 x Coconut Oil Lipstick in Rosy Nude (3.5g)
1 x Cosmetics bag

Second delivery includes:
1 x LipSurgence Power Pigment Lipstick in Blissful (3g)
1 x Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer in Park Ave Princess - 3-in-1 contouring palette with everything you need for a perfectly sculpted, slimmer appearance
2 x Timeless Beauty Blush Brush
1 x Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation (SPF15) (30ml)
1 x Amazon Clay Silk Eyeliner in Black (0.2g)
1 x Double-Ended Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara in black (5ml)
1 x Opening Act Last Primer (5ml)
1 x Cosmetics bag

Pictures, if they work!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 260
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 280
Thanks Breeze, so we are getting an Amazon Clay Silk Eyeliner in Black-Brown in the first delivery? I'm sure the picture shown didn't have one included? Oh well, time will tell I suppose.
x

Pictures, if they work!

Oh lol just posted before I saw the pictures, so there is no eyeliner! What the hell are they playing at! That palette looks VERY similar to the last one too doesn't it. Hmmm maybe I should cancel. Are you still getting yours?

I'll get the next one in January, see what's in it, but I think I'll cancel the last one as I really don't fancy a crayon sculptor or whatever it is. It isn't what they advertised in the blurb anyway as says a palette, though I think Leigh did mention it was a crayon ( only once & if you blinked you missed it)

Latest posts

Back