Tarte TSV 03/10/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wow there's a snippy one star review on the TSV already, bemoaning the limited shade range in the foundation. Whilst I kind of sympathise with the comments, it's unhelpful allowing reviews from folk who haven't tried the actual TSV set. Usually there's some gushing idiot leaving a 5* review but this is equally pointless.

Wow there's a snippy one star review on the TSV already, bemoaning the limited shade range in the foundation. Whilst I kind of sympathise with the comments, it's unhelpful allowing reviews from folk who haven't tried the actual TSV set. Usually there's some gushing idiot leaving a 5* review but this is equally pointless.

I agree, I noticed it last night and I thought it was pointless, it's just ranting about QVC only having 6 shades. I'm surprised QVC posted it, as it has nothing to do with the products or the kit. It's not a review!

IMO everyone looks very 'caked' in this makeup ( I would put in the same category as Mally)& it seems to accentuate wrinkles if Tiffany is anything to go by.I never order a foundation on Q as most especially those from the US have a yellow base & that is a NO NO for me.There seems to be a lot of confusion with these presentations?

Oh by the way just to add, their loose powder foundation contains bismuth. Yes, the same ingredient which causes problems with BE foundations and itching.

Thanks Donna, I was tempted to go for the TSV but bismuth makes my skin itch like crazy.

Pipa just tried to equate the colours with BM foundations but still got it wrong: she said Tarte Light/Medium = BM Medium Beige and Tarte Medium Neutral = Medium whereas I'd out them the opposite way around. I got a postcard about this TSV - it should have had a shade card on it. I know it's not foolproof but they're risking a high volume of returns if folk are ordering 2 or 3 options.

They said it was Light Medium.

Thanks for that. I will order light medium then as Debbie wears bareminerals 250/medium beige which I have been matched to instore.

I also bought the light medium in the amazonian clay foundation which is good but they described it as neutral not pink toned. I am definitely neutral I have some yellow in my skin but a yellow toned foundation like bareminerals golden medium 230 for instance makes me looked decidedly jaundiced. But pink toned foundations tend to highlight my pores as it's just wrong for me. I had wondered whether in this foundation I should go for the medium neutral but I'm pretty sure it would be just too dark.

Last edited:
IMO everyone looks very 'caked' in this makeup ( I would put in the same category as Mally)& it seems to accentuate wrinkles if Tiffany is anything to go by.I never order a foundation on Q as most especially those from the US have a yellow base & that is a NO NO for me.There seems to be a lot of confusion with these presentations?

I know what you mean Silver Fox, it was the same with the last Tarte TSV which was just the CC primer with the bronzer over the top. The problem is they are using way too much product on air, far more than most people would use at home. I know when my TSV arrives I will just be applying a light coverage, because that is my style.

Pipa just tried to equate the colours with BM foundations but still got it wrong: she said Tarte Light/Medium = BM Medium Beige and Tarte Medium Neutral = Medium whereas I'd out them the opposite way around. I got a postcard about this TSV - it should have had a shade card on it. I know it's not foolproof but they're risking a high volume of returns if folk are ordering 2 or 3 options.

I ordered the Fair Honey last night Akimbo, but I just watched the 11 am show and listening to the advice from the girl I think I should maybe have gone for the Light Medium for the pink tones, she said the Fair Honey is a mix of yellow and pink and the Light Medium is for those with pink tones .... extremely confusing, I object to buying two options and returning one, paying a whole lot of P & P and return postage. It would appear that the Fair Honey is extremely light, but hopefully on me it will be fine.

I've said everything possible on the foundation colours; if anything I'm happy with just the palette of colours, the lippy and the mascara. I'd agree with Donna, that the eye shadow colours look different from different sources. If it's all nude neutrals this might become part of DD's xmas present. Ultimately, if I'm having to justify to myself keeping the TSV I'll return it and wait for something else. Make up TSVs are a bit like buses, there'll be another one to tempt me soon enough.

I've learnt from experience not to squirrel away a TSV and not test it thoroughly in the 30 day mbg period otherwise you get lumbered with products that are, at best, so so.

I feel a bit sorry for Tarte if they get hundreds of returns it might jeopardise their future TSVs and I'd like to see them extend their range on Q UK. QVC US carries ten options in the powder foundation, so I suspect the Q UK Beauty Buyers are behind the limited range offered over here

To confuse matters more just seen this on Facebook ......

Hi All, just thought we would pop on and help you out with the foundation shades. Fair Honey (fair skin with peach undertones), Light Beige (Light Skin with pink undertones), Light Medium (Light to medium skin with yellow & pink undertones), Medium Neutral (Medium skin with yellow & pink undertones), Rich Sand (Deeper skin with yellow undertones), Tan Sand ( Tan skin with yellow undertones). Thanks for the feedback regarding the airing of the Tsv, we will make sure all your suggestions are passed to the relevant department :) Rebecca x

Just had a look in my orders and it's showing as shipped! Fingers crossed the fair honey is the right shade now.

I've said everything possible on the foundation colours; if anything I'm happy with just the palette of colours, the lippy and the mascara. I'd agree with Donna, that the eye shadow colours look different from different sources. If it's all nude neutrals this might become part of DD's xmas present. Ultimately, if I'm having to justify to myself keeping the TSV I'll return it and wait for something else. Make up TSVs are a bit like buses, there'll be another one to tempt me soon enough.

I've learnt from experience not to squirrel away a TSV and not test it thoroughly in the 30 day mbg period otherwise you get lumbered with products that are, at best, so so.

I feel a bit sorry for Tarte if they get hundreds of returns it might jeopardise their future TSVs and I'd like to see them extend their range on Q UK. QVC US carries ten options in the powder foundation, so I suspect the Q UK Beauty Buyers are behind the limited range offered over here

we wont ever get the choice of shades like Q US get as its like with most of the Q ranges we never get the full colour range

I would have liked to try the Tarte foundation but there is absolutely nothing that they could say on air that would persuade me to buy a supposedly porcelain foundation that had the word "honey" in the shade name and is allegedly for people with peach undertones!

Latest posts

Back