Tarte TSV 03/10/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well looking at some of the other items on Q's website, most of the Tarte mascaras appear to be 7 or 8 ml, and the palette also seems to be of a similar size, not sure about the foundation though, I wish they would size products in "mls"

As it's metric I think grams and ml's are interchangeable so to compare:

Full size Doll 10 liquid foundation=30 ml. Super size BM powder foundation =18g. Laura Geller full size B&B = 9g. So powders tend to be less quantity. As 1000g is a Kilo and 1000 ml is a litre I reckon the liquid foundations give much more for your money, especially with something like Doll10 one tiny drop is more than enough for my whole face. Full size Mally powder eyeshadow quad is 7.7 g but my Doll10 pallette of 6 gorgeous neutrals is 6 X 3g each totalling 18g. Full size Mally eyeliner is 1.2g

It seems the Tarte powder foundation is not quite a full size. The mascara is full size. The eyeshadow no way depending on the size of the blush. The eyeliner almost. Not sure of the lippy but my Tarte Lippy is 3g full size.

I know with the eyeshadows a blogger I read was reviewing. She said as Tarte do not make individual eyeshadows it was difficult to compare to other brands in value for money.

I threw away my Tarte eyeshadow kit from the last TSV this morning. I only wore the lightest colour, pretty much every day since I got the TSV, so I certainly got my use out of it. Started with the Josie Maran eyeshadow kit from the TSV this morning, a combo of the two lightest shades, very pretty.

I will probably get the next Tarte TSV as soon as it becomes available, even though the eyeliner and lippy won't suit me, I will still get my money's worth from the other products.

Have similar Tarte palette and it lists the eye shadows as being 1g each. Bought this instead as i missed out on the last TSV and really wanted to try the brand. Honestly, I think i prefer the pressed BM shadows but will probably order anyway!

People on Facebook asking the presenter about shades of foundation to go for. I am Light Beige(I checked on their own site), but she is really helpful. I have a feeling this won't be on easy pay, though people are begging.

My sister wants me to get two sets, one for me and one for her, so we can save money on postage however... I am Light Beige (not mega pale but light skinned with pink undertones) she is Light Medium we can't do that. Could I get away with light medium, does anyone know, or will we need to splurge that extra £2.50ish on postage :wonder: ?

Akimbo might be of help or go to their own site and check shade differences.

Check out post 41 from Akimbo, she has a link to the Tarte website and the foundation shades and tones.

I have just had a look at the foundation checker.
I am a suede in BM complexion rescue and a bare satin in bareskin.
Can't really decide if I'd be best in a Tarte light medium or light beige - I have cool undertones to my skin with no yellow.
Has anyone got any advice regarding shades please?
On the last TSV I tried the medium and it was too dark and orange for me, but I find the light a little too light, but I can always add colour - more difficult to take it away!

Thanks Iloveshopping! Is it just me, I haven't come across peachy undertones before ... I am wondering whether to give it a go to see what it looks like, so I would be going for fair honey. I suppose I could get the light beige as well and see what looks best and send the other one back.

I do find the Tarte bronzer/blusher is great for putting over anything to give a nice bit of healthy colour without looking like I am wearing any actual bronzer/blusher, it is a very forgiving product.

Latest posts

Back