Tarte TSV 03/10/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Here's what's in the kit according to Beauty Geek UK

Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation (pick from six shades)
Airbuki Bamboo Powder Foundation Brush
Limited-Edition Amazonian Clay Eye & Cheek Palette
Double-Ended Eyeshadow Brush
Coconut Oil Lipstick
Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara
Silk Amazonian Clay Eyeliner
Limited-Edition Travel Makeup Bag

Missed out on the last Tarte TSV as have succumbed to Doll10 and have way too much makeup, but regretted it almost immediately, especially as the bronzer/ brush is so pretty. This is one I will be going for big time - looks such a good TSV and that palette looks gorgeous. Also keen to try the foundation since I've fallen out of love with BnB.

Just to add, if anyone has a good idea of foundation shades, some advice would be appreciated. I am a medium in LG BnB and have yellow undertones.

I am a medium in LG and medium cool in BM, but in Tarte medium is too dark for me so I used the LIGHT in the last TSV, still a bit light, but a better match

I'm definitely going for this one too. I loved everything in the last TSV and I'm looking forward to trying more in the range. Can't wait! x

Thank you TinkyWinky, I will probably also get this TSV, the make up is excellent quality, so provided the colours are not a disaster for me I will buy it.

Here's what's in the kit according to Beauty Geek UK

Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation (pick from six shades)
Airbuki Bamboo Powder Foundation Brush
Limited-Edition Amazonian Clay Eye & Cheek Palette
Double-Ended Eyeshadow Brush
Coconut Oil Lipstick
Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara
Silk Amazonian Clay Eyeliner
Limited-Edition Travel Makeup Bag

Well it's safe to say I don't need anything from this collection, but I do want to try more tarte products, so I'm very likely to go for this TSV. I really don't like the make up bag though, I think it looks horrid.

The thing that comes now, is picking the right shade of foundation - I wear 'fair' in bnb and tend to base this on all my colour decisions. I was told by Leigh from bareMinerals at the Beauty Bash though to always get the 2nd lightest shade in any brand, when she looks at my skin, therefore if I use this logical, I would be the 'light beige' I think.

I think we are probably similar skin tones Warwa, so that's good advice for me too. I think foundations with "beige" in their name are for those with a pinky undertone which is me, I am definitely not a yellow undertone that's for sure, so light beige sounds like it would probably be my shade.

Hmmmmm, this looks like a great kit but these are not great colours for me .... brown eyeshadows and red lipstick and a brown eyeliner ... complete no-no's on me, makes me look like death warmed up. I won't be getting this kit after all, which is a shame, would have loved pinky shades and maybe a blue eyeliner.

I would have gone for this tsv but the foundation contains bismuth which is a big no no for me, makes my face itch and feels like it's burning.

As usual QVC are offering limited foundation colour options, I imagine the TSV will offer the same shades they offer in the single item http://www.qvcuk.com/tarte-Amazonia....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-7-_-205119 whereas Tarte offer 16 yes 16 shades: http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-Amazonian-clay-full-coverage-airbrush-foundation. As a Tarte rule of thumb if the colour name includes "honey" it has peach tones, "sand" means yellow tones, "neutral" means pink and yellow tones, and "beige" means pink tones. So there we have it, as clear as mud!

In the tube foundation (item 205118) the Fair Sand is fine for my skin, and I don't detect much yellow in it. It's on a par with Doll10 Fair foundation drops and Conceal It concealer. As I always say, you could try the Findation website by inputting a couple of foundations that suit you it will suggest alternatives that should also suit.

As usual QVC are offering limited foundation colour options, I imagine the TSV will offer the same shades they offer in the single item http://www.qvcuk.com/tarte-Amazonia....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-7-_-205119 whereas Tarte offer 16 yes 16 shades: http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-Amazonian-clay-full-coverage-airbrush-foundation. As a Tarte rule of thumb if the colour name includes "honey" it has peach tones, "sand" means yellow tones, "neutral" means pink and yellow tones, and "beige" means pink tones. So there we have it, as clear as mud!

In the tube foundation (item 205118) the Fair Sand is fine for my skin, and I don't detect much yellow in it. It's on a par with Doll10 Fair foundation drops and Conceal It concealer. As I always say, you could try the Findation website by inputting a couple of foundations that suit you it will suggest alternatives that should also suit.

Have you got the link to that website again please?

I don't understand why bareMinerals bring all the shades they do in foundation, but tarte can only bring 6. The mind boggles.

Thanks for your guide with the undertones, but how do you know what undertones you have?

Latest posts

Back