Tarte TSV 03/10/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If this link doesn't work for you try tartecosmetics.com and it's easy to navigate through the foundations : http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-ite...bpQ&siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-eq7CsgOoS_d2mGUvX4zaMw

About their colour definitions, I suppose "pink & yellow" translates as "neutral" in other ranges. I've read that if your veins on the inside of your wrist are blue-ish then your skintone is neutral or pink if they look purpley, whereas yellow toned skin will give the veins almost a green tint. But as with all these descriptions there's no accepted standard and every brand has it's theory.

Just to throw another spanner in the works I have the Tarte powder foundation in Light Beige (allegedly pink-toned) but to me it's very yellow-toned, on a par with BM "Light". Give me a mo and I'll try to upload some photos of the foundations I have.

Waaaaah! Stop it Donna! QVC will never bring us these babies! Well at least not this year, maybe in 2017 when Tarte want to offload some out of date stock!

(Yes QVC I do have a low opinion of your beauty buying!)

Have you got the link to that website again please?

I don't understand why bareMinerals bring all the shades they do in foundation, but tarte can only bring 6. The mind boggles.

Thanks for your guide with the undertones, but how do you know what undertones you have?

Not at QVC they don't...

Have you got the link to that website again please?

I don't understand why bareMinerals bring all the shades they do in foundation, but tarte can only bring 6. The mind boggles.

Thanks for your guide with the undertones, but how do you know what undertones you have?

You can try this quiz Warwa ....

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-do-i-determine-my-skin-undertones.htm

I have blue eyes which makes me cool skintone but red hair which makes me warm!! But I know from trial and error over the years that I definitely am a cool skin tone and I know what colours I can wear and what colours I can't. Brown and purple are complete no-nos for me, they make me look ill, anything foundation wise with yellow in it completely washes me out. It has to be blue, black or grey eyeliner, black or blue mascara, pink blusher and lipstick. You don't see those colours very often in QVC TSVs unfortunately. I may still get this Tarte TSV though, I'll see on the day. If I think it's worth it for the foundation and mascara and I would use the pale eyeshadows. The eyeliner and lipstick I would probably give away. For the small amount of money I could sell them for on Ebay I don't think it's worth selling them, better to give them to someone who would really like them.

Sorry, I meant will ship to the UK.

I remember the go by the veins to find out if you are warm or cool. So how do women of colour do that one???

I a soft warm, I do suit more rose tones in foundation(rose is not a cool colour), but can wear yellow or beige as well. I was told I have multi tone eyes!!! As they change colour from bright blue to blue/green or even stormy blue/gray!!!! Weird or what. LOL

I doubt I would use the foundation but like the look of the rest of the TSV.

Leigh has said the Tsv will be under £40 but she doesn't think it will be on easy pays :(

I was expecting it to be a good deal over £40, sad about the easy pay though. So shall we say £39.99 and £4.95 shipping? The famous under usually means 1p cheaper. :mysmilie_17:

That's a good price. I didn't get the last one but I'd like to try the foundation and see how it compares to laura geller. My daughter got me the blusher compact from the last tarte tsv and it's very nice so I could reciprocate by giving her the compact from this set. The colours are more her I think. Will see what the lippy looks like and whether I can choose a colour - I'm a terrible ditherer, it's saved me a fortune! I'm regular in Geller and med beige in bm. the lady at the bm counter said I'm cool toned but would look best in med beige.

Leigh has said the Tsv will be under £40 but she doesn't think it will be on easy pays :(

The last TSV was £38.40 with £3.95 p&p. It was a six piece set (including the brush) plus the bag.

I hope this one has a similar p&p banding.

I'm going to get this TSV but I don't need the mascara as it's the same one as in the last TSV. I wish they would have put a different one in.

Anyone know the actual sizes of the foundation etc included in the TSV? I am wondering because the eyeshadow in the last TSV were puny sizes if you look at how many grams.

Anyone know the actual sizes of the foundation etc included in the TSV? I am wondering because the eyeshadow in the last TSV were puny sizes if you look at how many grams.

I'm not 100% sure on these, but this is what I think:
Foundation 7g
Mascara 7g
Eyeliner 1g
Lipstick 3g
Eyeshadow/Cheek Pallet 12g

Clare Sutton has been on air in the 10 am show raving about the Tarte TSV foundation and lip colour can't wait for it to go live - just hoping I can get it before Saturday

Latest posts

Back