Tarte launches on QVC on 28th March

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What is the name of the Tarte cosmetics guest? Maureen Kelly, whose husband was killed in the 9/11 disaster, donated 5% of the profits to charity. I cannot imagine KOSE maintaining that, but I wonder if she will continue it, as I'm sure she has attained a financial interest in the business.
It's a difficult one, when the founder of a company which is proud of it's environmentally/animal friendly position, sells the business to a far eastern corporation. One is definitely abandoning one's principles but, with a family to support, and the money to be made by selling, it is somewhat understandable.
Personally, my conscience wouldn't allow me to do it, however much I was offered. Whilst the money would be most welcome, being able to live with myself, day in and day out, is more important. To me.

I suspect that, in future, a tarte product, hopefully the maracuja oil, will be a beauty product of the month. Think I'll hold out, as I'm not too desperate to try it. It does sound interesting, though. As does the amazonian clay. Apparently, KOSE has bought Ms Kelly's shares.

Maracuja Oil = standard Passionfruit seed oil?
Amazonian Clay = Kaolin?

"Wonder" ingredients are usually just a posh name for something similar that's widely available much cheaper.

Seems Maureen sold her shares in Tarte, so could be doing a Liz Earle still the spokes woman for the brand (for a while then disappearing). I had a read of a beauty blogger who was excited about the brand. She got the foundation in a few shades to test.

So Fair(which on screen with photo of the model looked so ultra pale), is actually yellow based(they all are by the way), and for a MAC NC20. No where as pale as it was made out.

Light again yellow based is more for a MAC NC30-35.

Not Tarte show, but 9pm when I flicked over. Holy crap Batman, I was expecting AY to start singing Like A Virgin, with those Madonna 1980s tights. The dress far too short for her knees, she was standing up when I first saw her. The makeup was nice so I expect she did not do it herself but applied by the Tarte people.

Latest posts

Back