Tan accelerator - all information and tips gratefully received

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
My skin never sees the light of day until I go on holiday and then we have the annual battle of the fake tan!

Wondering if tan accelerator would be an alternative but have no idea about them so would welcome any views from fellow Q shoppers.

thanks in advance:mysmilie_516:

I have the same problem, I am dark haired but burn very easily, and take ages to tan, especially my legs, I have used the elemis tan accelerator and liked that and think it helped a bit, but also have liked the decleor solare arommesence stuff for the body. It did seem to help a bit but I don't think any of them are miracle workers although I do think they help prolong a tan if you continue to use them after a holiday. I had a spray tan one year before going away, never again, it seemed to stop me tanning at all, I was the only one on the plane coming home that was paler than i was going out there!,

I too have used the Elemis tan accelerator which I got in a TSV one year and it did make a difference to me, I'm a pale redhead with freckles and used it for a fortnight before I went to Tenerife and continued with it until the tube ran out. I got a deeper tan than usual and it lasted longer than usual. I've never bought a tan accelerator since though because they are expensive x

I have tried Elemis and Gatinaue ones and did not see any differnce, i am going to try the Leighton Denny one as it has great reviews.

I've used the Elemis one but the brown guide colour left my bedding stained. I really like the Gatineau one. I used it solely on my legs before a week in Egypt and the tan developed quickly and really lasted.

I have very fair skin which can burn easily and struggles to tan. However, when the late Steve Whatley brought his "Zhuzh!" Tan Accelerator to Ideal World I decided to give it a go and have been really impressed. You still need to apply sunscreen but now I can develop a nice colour instead of looking so pale.

I got some Eco Tan in TK Maxx last year and it was really good. My tan did seem to develop faster and last longer. I used it every day for a week before going away, then every morning under my sunscreen. Don't think I'd pay QVC prices though!

It was this stuff - http://www.amazon.co.uk/EcoTan-Accelerator-Face-Tanning-500ml/dp/B001EN3ESC Think I paid £10 for a 500ml bottle.
I have just bought this from c&d hair and beauty for £13.99, will give it a go, thanks for the suggestion

Anyone know what the active ingredient is in these "tan accelerator" products? Can it be bought cheap-as-chips without the expensive branding and packaging?

Also agree Zhuzh is good. It does help to develop colour with short burst in the sun and even using sun protection. I really like and it's pleasant to use. Decades ago used sunbeds in summer as the only way I could tan. The benefit of Zhuzh is that you can us it on the day there is sun. a quick spray over anything else that is already on the skin if you get 10 minutes of sun and an opportunity to sit out in it. The other brands seem much more expensive and require more planning and prep.

Oh, just seen that Zhuzh is Pick of the Day on Monday on Ideal World. I don't usually watch that channel, I assume it's their version of a TSV?

Oh, just seen that Zhuzh is Pick of the Day on Monday on Ideal World. I don't usually watch that channel, I assume it's their version of a TSV?

Yes, it is their version of TSV. I also agree that Zhuzh is worth trying, it definitely makes a difference to me, it doesn't have an unpleasant aroma, and as mentioned before is great as you use it on the day when you're sunbathing - no preparation for days, or weeks before :)

The whole range of Sunbelievable by Leighton is amazing!

The tan accelerator is fantastic! Much much better than the Elemis one which I have used for years, the Elemis one was leaving a film on my skin, but the LD one is a gel, so soaks right in, also stopped me burning (I am paler than Casper, I'm pale blue!) and I actually took some colour too. Like everyone else though, I wouldn't pay QVC prices, but then I am spoiled, I found LD Sunbelievable in one of my trade catalogues! :)

The whole range of Sunbelievable by Leighton is amazing!

The tan accelerator is fantastic! Much much better than the Elemis one which I have used for years, the Elemis one was leaving a film on my skin, but the LD one is a gel, so soaks right in, also stopped me burning (I am paler than Casper, I'm pale blue!) and I actually took some colour too. Like everyone else though, I wouldn't pay QVC prices, but then I am spoiled, I found LD Sunbelievable in one of my trade catalogues! :)

And which one would that be?

Latest posts

Back