Suncream

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anne

Registered Shopper
Can anyone recommend the best one for facial use underneath a mineral foundation please. Also, would a tan accelerator be a good thing as well. Have taken up golf so will be out as much as possible all year round and still want to try and keep wrinkles at bay. TIA

I use Ultrasun Face SPF 30 everyday of the year. Put it on, to and have breakfast (or leave it for 10 mins) and then I apply my bare minerals loose foundation.

love the alpha-h factor 30 i think they do a higher one to. no perfume or smell and i very good for a makeup base

I use Ultrasun Face SPF 30 everyday of the year. Put it on, to and have breakfast (or leave it for 10 mins) and then I apply my bare minerals loose foundation.

I too use Ultrasun Face SPF30 but use mine from about March to Sept/Oct then change to a normal moisturiser (currently JW Phytomineral). Have found the Ultrasun face to be brilliant. It not only keeps you protected all day, but seems to act like a primer too I find

I use the La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Extreme Face Fluid SPF50 I personally find it has a much nicer texture than the Ultrasun face, it's more fluid than cream so an hanging around. I buy mine in Boots!

I use Ultrasun Face 30 with BE foundation - no probs. Haven't tried the Factor 50 one.
Tan accelerators - tried them all a few years ago, none worked on me ( I am very pale). Don't know if they would work on someone who does get a tan?

I don't wish to be thick but if you're using factor 30 or even factor 50 how is a tan accelerator going to have any effect? I've never used a tan accelerator so I don't know how they work.

I use factor 30 on my face and keep my face in the shade so my face is always pale and I need to fake it. Perhaps a tan accelerator would help.

At the beauty bash the lady at ultrasun was telling me about a tinted spf30 face they are launching. Could be the answer

as much as it pains me to say it,I wear Ultraun 30 everyday on my face rain,wind,snow or sun...everyday...and I think its great.I have Roscea and I was recommnded to wear suncream every day,and out of all I tried,this is the one I can't be without.I did once buy a Johnsons one from a small independent chemist but never saw it again...methinks it was old stock.

I would be very interested in a tinted ultrasun,although I wouldn't go above spf 30.I was over the moon to see discounted ultrasuns in my local TKMaxx but it was a factor 50 and like spreading glue on my face.Whether this was a true representation of the texture or it was *off* I don't know,but I'd never buy factor 50 again.I do actually buy my ultrasun from my local chemist - a bigger bottle at a smaller price than QVC!

I don't wish to be thick but if you're using factor 30 or even factor 50 how is a tan accelerator going to have any effect? I've never used a tan accelerator so I don't know how they work.

I use factor 30 on my face and keep my face in the shade so my face is always pale and I need to fake it. Perhaps a tan accelerator would help.

That's why I was asking. I only put suncream on if I'm out in the sun gardening (not one for sunbathing) but now I'm golfing I'm going to be out in it so much more. Do want a tan though. Suppose my thinking was tan accelrator now before the summer then sun cream if we get a summer. Does that make any sense to anyone apart from me lol

I still haven't a clue. I've googled and it looks like an accelerator increases the production of melanin but you still need exposure to sunlight for your skin to change colour. So your idea of using one and then the other makes sense but using the two together, with a high factor sunscreen might cancel out the effects of the accelerator. Maybe. :eek:)

I'm very much an outdoor girl (gardening rather than golf) and the upside is the healthy glow. But I'm a dark skinned olive baby and only need a whiff of sun to change colour. Hence having never used an accelerator.

Whatever you decide to do my top tip is to use a body lotion daily. Or as often as you can be bothered. Any tan you do get will last much longer so you will get the positives of a tan without the need to keep topping it up.

I hope golf provides you with a more even tan than gardening. All that ****** weeding makes my back much darker than the front. I've yet to find a way of weeding face up!! :eek:)

I don't really see the point of tans anymore.I'm quite pale but a 2 week sun holiday and I go a lovely dark brown - but it certainly needs *work*.IMO why bother when I can get the same results from a bottle in an hour :sun:

wow!

Tinkerbelle, you garden with those gorgous nails of yours? I is WellImpressed :wink:

Have a routine of moisturising and exfoliating most of the year so will carry on doing that. Just seen there are tan intensifying lotions so perhaps that is the way to go. Always takes me ages to look as if I ahve a tan and I can't get the effect right with fake tan at all-lol

Tinkerbelle, you can have your darker back and I'll have a white left hand as you wear one glove when holding your gof club. Think I may have to try and master fake tanning even if only for one hand lol

Tinkerbelle, you garden with those gorgous nails of yours? I is WellImpressed :wink:

I do indeed. I always wear leather gloves though. At an allotment meeting a while back, someone made a slightly sarky comment about me obviously not being a proper gardener. The two elderly men either side of me leapt to my defence lol.

At the beauty bash the lady at ultrasun was telling me about a tinted spf30 face they are launching. Could be the answer

I asked one of the women working on the Ultrasun stand at the beauty bash how to use the new tinted product, she told me that I should still continue to use the original SPF product underneath.

What's the point of the new product then?

I asked one of the women working on the Ultrasun stand at the beauty bash how to use the new tinted product, she told me that I should still continue to use the original SPF product underneath.

What's the point of the new product then?

So two layers of SPF 30? how bizarre

Latest posts

Back