Such a talented bunch!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I doubt Craig will go from QVC, bet he still does some shows.

Julian did work on a radio station plus he owned the salon(with he partner. But bet he did lots of the paper work), and still did QVC.

Don't the presenters only do a 15 hour week?

I know Debbie's "novels" are mega-light chick lit type affairs (was so tempted to put another word in place of chick ;) but I'm out of touch on Julia! Has she written a book other than that sort of memoir she did a while back? I did hear her say something on air about a book recently but I just sort of zoned it out!

Anyone tell me about Julia's book?! X

Anyone tell me about Julia's book?! X

Haven't read it but you can read it and order it on amazon it's called: Life's a beach and then.... If you like it, it's the first of a trilogy. You can go on Julia's blog and see photos of her book launch "do".

She has not (yet) become obnoxiously persistent in promoting her literary efforts on air during the time she's paid to sell other products, but she's definitely dropped it into a few shows. I don't see enough Jackie Kabler shows (as she's normally on in the daytime) to know if she's doing the same.

Hopefully CBBC will take up a lot of Craig's time - programmes I have no reason to watch, because his personality and children's tv are well suited. I take it he auditioned rather than entered a competition to get the job, and perhaps there will be lots of ice cream, jelly, candy floss and lollipops for him to devour; plus he might have the pick of studio sets to 'try out at home' which will make good backdrops for all those Yankee Candles and Peony flaaaars !!!

(you can tell I'm not a fan)

Haven't read it but you can read it and order it on amazon it's called: Life's a beach and then.... If you like it, it's the first of a trilogy. You can go on Julia's blog and see photos of her book launch "do".

She has not (yet) become obnoxiously persistent in promoting her literary efforts on air during the time she's paid to sell other products, but she's definitely dropped it into a few shows. I don't see enough Jackie Kabler shows (as she's normally on in the daytime) to know if she's doing the same.

Thanks for the info will have a look at her blog to see this book launch (surely promoting that on qvc website is not on?!) but no intention or desire to read it! The title alone is awful ;) Was just interested to know if it's fiction or what etc... Not heard jackie mention anything about her new profession...!

Hopefully CBBC will take up a lot of Craig's time - programmes I have no reason to watch, because his personality and children's tv are well suited. I take it he auditioned rather than entered a competition to get the job, and perhaps there will be lots of ice cream, jelly, candy floss and lollipops for him to devour; plus he might have the pick of studio sets to 'try out at home' which will make good backdrops for all those Yankee Candles and Peony flaaaars !!!

(you can tell I'm not a fan)

No sweets etc(the ad breaks in the other channels do show some sweets otherwise the actual programs do not promote sweets) , but games and adventure style things. They have one about gardening for children, another on cooking simple things with the help of a grown up. Also they film about 12 shows and they go to air(I will say Craig has already filmed), they then repeat the series again at some point. He might not go back to film until the end of the year or even next. That was why I did say I doubt he will leave QVC. There is only a live link between shows, usually a woman and a man calling out Happy Birthdays and telling the children about the next show. How do I know all this?? Well a friend had looked after her grandchildren over a period of time, so you know you will get the same shows repeated quite a lot actually. In fact one Rose was picked to appear in on show as group of children, when filming in NI. They don't just stick to English children.

Why can't we have more information from the people who are there representing the products. It's not necessary to have the personal views of the QVC presenters. I'm quite capable of making up my own mind but the constant interruptions and inane chatter just put me off.

Yes, the gardening shows with 3+ presenters are a case in point - anymore and there wont be enough room on the set !

Can't see why he can't do both. Chris Evans has just been given the Top Gear gig, replacing Jeremy Clarkson... and he's got the resurrected TFI on Channel 4, the Friday One Show, and his weekday Breakfast show on Radio 2. It is not unusual for people in the media to have many irons in the fire.

The QVC schedules don't give a presenter more than 4 hours in a day - and usually max is 2 hours. Then they don't tend to schedule them every day - they'll be on a few days in a week and maybe not back on air for a couple of weeks. The frequency for on air only seems to change for holiday/sickness/training other QVCs cover. It must be easier now as well since they cut the live 1am-2am hour; and the recycling of presentations of the Beauty Product of the Month.

I saw something a few weeks ago 'hinting' that he was leaving - as some people wished him GOOD LUCK etc!! That's mainly why I thought this...time will tell!
Think he will be great at his new job!!:mysmilie_48:

I saw something a few weeks ago 'hinting' that he was leaving - as some people wished him GOOD LUCK etc!! That's mainly why I thought this...time will tell!
Think he will be great at his new job!!:mysmilie_48:

Maybe they were simply wishing him good luck for the audition/interview?

I like Craig. He's sometimes a bit of an exuberant puppy, but I still find him warm and easy to listen to. He focuses on the guests and the products more than a lot of the other presenters, and isn't always going on about facebook, twitter etc. That gets him brownie points from me. Also it would be hard to work CBEEBIES into most conversations on air on QVC.

Perhaps he feels that Cbeebies is a springboard to being on prime time tele - why else would a 40 + year old man throw himself into something thats normally been the domain of 20 year old somethings who have graduated up the ladder to travel, magazine, agricultural, and quiz shows ! (I wonder how many jobs he's applied for since 'winning' the Q competition)

Perhaps he feels that Cbeebies is a springboard to being on prime time tele - why else would a 40 + year old man throw himself into something thats normally been the domain of 20 year old somethings who have graduated up the ladder to travel, magazine, agricultural, and quiz shows ! (I wonder how many jobs he's applied for since 'winning' the Q competition)

Snap! I was about to say the same, that he'll be using this as his springboard to (he hopes) a prime time host on an entertainment show. He was a shopping TV presenter on a few channels before he got the QVC job, that's why I was surprised he was allowed to enter, seen as though he'd already done the rounds as a shopping TV presenter, so was hardly an amateur that's were he met and became friends with DF, on the shopping TV circuit. I remember watching him on a channel called "I buy" before it went bust.

I don't dislike Craig, I think he comes across as warm and unaffected and I think he'll be good at CBeebies. But he doesn't strike me either as a QVC career person and I think, like some of them, it's been a springboard for him to better things. Some of them, like chuntley, wouldn't dream of rocking the boat and come across as cloying in the process but Craig hasn't struck me like that.

I don't dislike Craig, I think he comes across as warm and unaffected and I think he'll be good at CBeebies. But he doesn't strike me either as a QVC career person and I think, like some of them, it's been a springboard for him to better things. Some of them, like chuntley, wouldn't dream of rocking the boat and come across as cloying in the process but Craig hasn't struck me like that.

Chuntley would marry QVC if she could, that's how much she loves it. I've noticed she hasn't been posing as much in the on floor monitor lately (I don't watch her as a rule, just snippets I've seen) but just caught her now, and she looks like she's put a bit of weight back on, it could be that horrible dress she's wearing though, I wouldn't wear Nina Leonard clothes if given free, I think the brand has gone right down hill since Leonard left us.

Charlie brooks

He is the one that really annoys me, I sometimes wonder whether his partner Michelle is a'myth' and someone to add 'weight' to his inane chat. If she does exist then either she never watches or she is very long suffering.
Kind of reminds me of Paul Beroque's relationship with 'Bob' on bid-up

If you read their blogs and interviews they all state that they are really happy to work there and they are really one big happy family, but I am not too sure.

Perception is, fortunately, subjective. Craig's effervescence displays one characteristic, among all others - in my opinion: ingenuity. I am not qualified to say I don't like the guy; I don't know him. I don't find his presenting style endearing. I see him joining cbeebies, as a career move, exactly the right thing for him to do, professionally. I think he has found his niche. All the best to him.

Latest posts

Back