Strivectin versus anything else that really works

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bonbon

Registered Shopper
Hi! does strivectin work !! I have dreadful liplines ,saggy eyes ,number 11s really fed up spending money on products that dont work my latest try was algenist but have not seen any changes.I am hoping any replies will have had same problems and can see a difference in lines using Strivectin.Am open to any suggestions regarding any other skincare that works. I am fed up wasting money on skincare that does not do what it says .

Strivectin does work as to making skin look younger, the actual texture of the skin improves to glowing healthy skin.
The issues you are describing bonbon may be helped by Strivectin Retinol cream, but haven’t tried it myself yet, I have read excellent reviews on this pproduct.
Please have a look here to see the reviews
http://www.strivectin.com/ar-night.html
And it’s included in this qvc set in a trial size
http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...word=203151&uattrmb=&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

I feel for you Bonbon. I haven't tried Strivectin so can't comment. What's your normal routine? You don't mention how old you are ... pleased don't feel obliged to spill on the age, but has your skins changed a lot recently?

I'm afraid I agree with Donna that once those signs hit that we're stuck with them but there may be products you can use that will improve your skin texture. That's what I'm concentrating on right now. The ****** wrinkles will come but a clear, fresh complexion will make me look better and that can be helped without surgery. Well that's my mantra. For now :eek:)

I agree with Donna about trying Strivectin bonbon, especially that try me set with Retinol when comes back in stock.
I also highly recommend trying Emma Hardie Nigh cream - it plumps skin, also her am/pm moisturiser.

Last edited:
Strivectin seems to work for some people but not for me. It was an expensive waste of money as I threw the packaging away. The neck cream made my neck age a lot in just a week - lots of crepey skin and vertical lines that weren't there before. I used to use Decleor which I found really good, especially the Iris oil, the night balm and the neck serum. However, it was becoming unaffordable so I switched to Judith Williams and these are as good products as I've ever used. The life long beauty eye cream does really work and the diamond collection neck cream is the best I've used and I saw results within a few days. The life long day and night cream are good too. Buy them off QVC, keep the boxes and if there's no change in your skin then send them back. I did that with the Marine Cream at about £96 - now that was a waste of money!

CC

I bet the Strivectin Retinol cream doesn't contain enough active ingredient to make a difference. In the UK only prescription creams contain enough dosage, sadly, of this proven ingredient. Though if you are heading on holiday to a country which treats its adults as adults you can actually buy Retin-A (tretinoin) over the counter rather than paying for expensive dermatologists and private prescriptions here. There are some overseas merchants willing to ship here that will flog you Thai or Indian Retin-A which is legit product made by Johnson & Johnson.

I bet the Strivectin Retinol cream doesn't contain enough active ingredient to make a difference. In the UK only prescription creams contain enough dosage, sadly, of this proven ingredient. Though if you are heading on holiday to a country which treats its adults as adults you can actually buy Retin-A (tretinoin) over the counter rather than paying for expensive dermatologists and private prescriptions here. There are some overseas merchants willing to ship here that will flog you Thai or Indian Retin-A which is legit product made by Johnson & Johnson.

How is it used,under moisturiser?morning and evening?
Thanks

How is it used,under moisturiser?morning and evening?
Thanks

Retin-A has to be used on clean dry skin (allow 30 minutes after cleansing). It should only be used at night and you MUST wear a good sunscreen during the day or hyperpigmentation will be made worse rather than better. There's plenty of information on the web from dermatologists. Some advise that a moisturiser can be used after the Retin-A has sunk in for a while but I don't use one at night. Lots of US dermatologists have patient leaflets available on their sites for you to have a look at, if you are considering using it. Just google tretinoin (the generic name) and you'll get lots of hits. You need to build up the dosage, little by little, and give your skin time to adjust to the potent stuff. There will be some initial redness and flaking ... especially if the skin isn't fully dry ... but as it is pretty much the only topical gunk actually proven to work on wrinkles it is worth it.

Last edited:
Thanks for that,I bought it a couple of months ago.It is just sat there unused,but tonight I will give it a go.
Thanks again

Anyone considering using Retin A cream PLEASE BE CAREFUL. There are serious side effects that mean it's not suitable for everyone by any means if in prescription concentration. For example, redening & forced peeling of the skin can lead to stuff like hyper/uneven/ pigmentation & acne rosacea. These aren't things that will go away in a couple of weeks! Also I wouldn't have thought anyone should use it who may be pregnant due to the vitamin A, in it.

I'm not saying don't use it, many swear by it.For me the burning on my face was too much plus I have sensitive skin so didn't want to cause a longer term complication, so never saw a huge difference after use. Thankfully I stopped using it before any potential damage was done. Not everyone gets issues with it but please check out websites for info.

My wrinkles

I feel for you Bonbon. I haven't tried Strivectin so can't comment. What's your normal routine? You don't mention how old you are ... pleased don't feel obliged to spill on the age, but has your skins changed a lot recently?

I'm afraid I agree with Donna that once those signs hit that we're stuck with them but there may be products you can use that will improve your skin texture. That's what I'm concentrating on right now. The ****** wrinkles will come but a clear, fresh complexion will make me look better and that can be helped without surgery. Well that's my mantra. For now :eek:)

I am 62 and do have a clear skin .Iuse clarisonic twice daily with alpha h various moisturisers mostly from q v c (elemis gatineau alpha h elizabeth grant decleor and many more) my Daughter tells me I have a wonderful skin for my age and I have always from a young age cared for it .I just wished my lip,eye lines would magic away

I am 62 and do have a clear skin .Iuse clarisonic twice daily with alpha h various moisturisers mostly from q v c (elemis gatineau alpha h elizabeth grant decleor and many more) my Daughter tells me I have a wonderful skin for my age and I have always from a young age cared for it .I just wished my lip,eye lines would magic away

Ah now you possibly want to listen to your daughter. :eek:)

Seriously though you clearly do look after your skin so the solution isn't going to be as simple as you just need a good moisturiser. The plus point of buying from QVC is that you do have your money back guarantee so if you do go down the Strivectin route remember that and be prepared to use it.

I wish I could help but I'm really not much use.

Hi! does strivectin work !! I have dreadful liplines ,saggy eyes ,number 11s really fed up spending money on products that dont work my latest try was algenist but have not seen any changes.I am hoping any replies will have had same problems and can see a difference in lines using Strivectin.Am open to any suggestions regarding any other skincare that works. I am fed up wasting money on skincare that does not do what it says .

Hello BonBon
To an extent Strivectin does work, if one doesn't wish to go to the expense (and pain) of invasive facial treatments. The only thing that will give you the result you are seeking is botox in 1 area (Corrugator supercilii) because movement of this muscle is causing 'no.11's' and the lines which are the result of this muscle animation will not lessen, if they are in a continued line-making sci-fi cling-on style workout!

If you truly cannot bear Botox, As a little tip, only especially if you sleep alone, whilst your forehead is relaxed, place sports tape on your forehead and between your eyebrows and sleep with this tape in place, overnight. This method particularly flattens the furrows, albeit temporarily. When you have days indoors, adopt the regular tape wearing, as it will also make you aware of how much you actually make forehead expressions, therefore teaching you to naturally lessen the movement, halting the creasing. In a few days, your forehead lines will be reduced considerably

The above sounds nuts, I know... but it is a great 'cheap' pain free effective solution to smooth the forehead.

Back to Strivectin.. the SD concentrate is very effective, however to achieve a good result it must be applied twice a day, for at least 2 months.

To sum up.
Ideally? - For instant result you will be happy with - Botox.
Have some spare £? - Botox, Juvederm, and possibly Fraxel re:pair for the lines
More money than sense? - Decleor. :cheeky::tongue:

Last edited:
Wow JRE! I use kinesio tape as you do, what a coincidence!
And my OH is okay with it, I just explained to him beforehand what I was going to do.
I said I was experimenting as I constantly do and I'm sure we all here experiment with different things. He has seen me with my TUA machine twitching my face so what's wrong with a different and in fact more gentle approach?
If qvc were selling "facial" tapes we'd all be wearing it I'm sure. :))))

Anyone who is interested can watch this video only Tonya uses a paper tape, a similar idea to Eva Fraisure's "Frownies".

I think it can be done on lip lines too, remember Emma Hardie saying something like "open a wrinkle" or "pull it apart"? - this is her own massage technique.
Basically pull your line/wrinkle apart so skin is flat and stick tape on top to retrain skin's memory - that's how it works, only tape holds it in place for hours hence re-training skin and top layer of muscle underneath.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back