Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have just read that part of the TFL bail out package will require the abolition of the Freedom Pass. My most treasured possession! And I just spent £12 on a replacement because all the ink came off mine.... and I’m not even using it because of my ankle! I would be seriously pissed off if this happened, 😡. I foresee a rebellion in the Grey Vote!

Hi Mazza, just reading your comment, my family live in Chiswick, so does this mean as they are not of pensionabile age, they will lose their passes , as they are 63 And 61 respectively? In a different matter, I’m not sure what happened to your ankle? But I have end stage arthritis in both mine, too much sport when younger and I hate to say absolutely terrible help from NHS, they had 15 years to sort the problem out. But unfortunately for me it wasn’t until five years ago that anything got done, and in fact made my one ankle worse, by doing things they shouldn’t have. In short, I was sent home with two Zimmer frames and 24/7 bed rest, I hasten to add it was New Year’s Eve and I live alone, family all in London, friends away, I had to hop on the not so bad one , it was hell :( Upshot is the operation could never work. So now after a second opinion, they thinking about a new ankle, but as I haven’t got a good ankle, it’s doubtful ! I sometimes can’t walk at all, and it affects all my other problems :(. So reading what you have been through, I’ve really understood how difficult it has been for you, and have really felt for you.

Does it stem from that badge of entitlement that most people seem to wear today.

Since Mr L’s operation I have had to do things I would not have done otherwise such as using taxis and being indoors with my friend who is helping me out but I keep it to the minimum and wear PPE but then it appears to be ok for Tesco to let their driver to deliver without any PPE so I’m doing the best I can.
Tesco can’t control the staff that they don’t see all the He time. I suppose you could report the driver.

I was in Suffolk and Essex last week on a break not wanting to say I was from Lancashire.Everyone we met was so friendly , one woman said ‘ I have been up there to Leeds’ No! I reminded her we once were fighting them! That was last week, this is very different and we are confined to our border, reminder I am a Cumbrian by birth but am content to stay at home, we live in a lovely part of the UK.

!

Hi Mazza, just reading your comment, my family live in Chiswick, so does this mean as they are not of pensionabile age, they will lose their passes , as they are 63 And 61 respectively? In a different matter, I’m not sure what happened to your ankle? But I have end stage arthritis in both mine, too much sport when younger and I hate to say absolutely terrible help from NHS, they had 15 years to sort the problem out. But unfortunately for me it wasn’t until five years ago that anything got done, and in fact made my one ankle worse, by doing things they shouldn’t have. In short, I was sent home with two Zimmer frames and 24/7 bed rest, I hasten to add it was New Year’s Eve and I live alone, family all in London, friends away, I had to hop on the not so bad one , it was hell :( Upshot is the operation could never work. So now after a second opinion, they thinking about a new ankle, but as I haven’t got a good ankle, it’s doubtful ! I sometimes can’t walk at all, and it affects all my other problems :(. So reading what you have been through, I’ve really understood how difficult it has been for you, and have really felt for you.
Oh my goodness, you poor thing. That sounds absolutely horrendous and I really feel so sorry! You have had it far worse than I have, although it did feel pretty overwhelming at the time. But I can walk on one crutch very well now and on no crutches to a lesser degree, but at least I can keep my balance most of the time and have far less pain than just a couple of weeks ago. In brief I broke my ankle when it just gave way for no obvious reason, then when I was faffing around trying to sort myself out I managed to fall again and do another break! It has then been a bugger trying to get the open wound to heal but hopefully......

Re the Freedom Pass, the one I have is available once you are on the State Pension as I understand it. I think there is something similar available to those over 60 but I thought you had to pay for that but I never got one so am not sure if the terms and conditions. I haven’t heard any more about it being abolished so fingers crossed. I had to pay the £12 because it was a replacement because of damage.

Thanks Mazza, I had to spend six weeks hoping, talk about Hop along Cassidy! 6 weeks bed rest, not really doable when you live alone lol so I have really felt for you. Thanks for the info about the passes, they absolutely love theirs, and even though not poor it saves them a fortune ! Good luck with your continued recovery, and take it easy ( as the song says !).

😆😆🍷🍷 The big development today was that when the nurse came and sorted out the dressing... the wound had closed up!!! I know it is still very fragile skin and may be a false dawn, but it was a terrific improvement. We are still using dressings to protect it though but after all that’s happened it’s a definite YAY!!!!!

On another topic, unconnected but worth a line, I rang Seasalt and said that I knew it was probably too early for any action but I had a text and an email from Royal Mail to say my parcel would be delivered on Saturday morning, it wasn’t, and the tracking still shows it at Plymouth. Should I be worried? Because I wouldn’t have been if they hadn’t made contact and would have expected it on Monday. She said they have sent wrong date messages to loads of people and tons of calls had come in about it! But she would raise a query with them to get it sorted. How different from Q’s attitude!

Because the hospital only gave Mr L a few (good) dressings when discharged, on Thursday I had to take a taxi into town to buy more. However when we tried them (3 different brands) they wouldn’t stick well and I was terrified of getting the wound infected.

On Friday we tracked down what looked like the hospital ones and ordered from Amazon for delivery Tuesday intending to work with the ones we got until then. Saturday night 9.15pm knock at door with parcel of dressings.

Since a taxi costs £20 return it’s actually cheaper to stay home and order on line.

A prescription would involve a couple of taxis and would just have been the ones I bought anyway.

I know people knock Amazon for various reasons but I have found their delivery service second to none. Ordered joint tablets for our nearly 16 year old dog on Friday, due to be delivered Monday. Alexa informed me that they were on their way yesterday between 12 and 4. Actually arrived 11.55. Can't complain about that.

I ordered a watch from Amazon for Mr T and didn't notice that it would take 4-6 weeks to get here. 12 weeks later it arrived after I had already bought him a replacement assuming the original order was lost and had a refund. Amazon were brilliant, insisting that we keep them both with no extra payment.
I love Amazon and on the one and only occasion i had a problem their customer services were fantastic. I use Amazon regularly and QVC could learn a lot from them.

I ordered a watch from Amazon for Mr T and didn't notice that it would take 4-6 weeks to get here. 12 weeks later it arrived after I had already bought him a replacement assuming the original order was lost and had a refund. Amazon were brilliant, insisting that we keep them both with no extra payment.
Yep I ordered a boxed set of China mugs and when they arrived (beautifully gift boxed) one of them had a small chip in the rim. They were a gift for someone and when I contacted Amazon they sent out a new set and told me to keep the original ones.

Because the hospital only gave Mr L a few (good) dressings when discharged, on Thursday I had to take a taxi into town to buy more. However when we tried them (3 different brands) they wouldn’t stick well and I was terrified of getting the wound infected.

On Friday we tracked down what looked like the hospital ones and ordered from Amazon for delivery Tuesday intending to work with the ones we got until then. Saturday night 9.15pm knock at door with parcel of dressings.

Since a taxi costs £20 return it’s actually cheaper to stay home and order on line.

A prescription would involve a couple of taxis and would just have been the ones I bought anyway.

I don't know if it would be suitable for Mr L but you can get Tegaderm adhesive film to cover dressings. If you Google it you'll find more info. I use it to keep my HRT patches on.

I don't know if it would be suitable for Mr L but you can get Tegaderm adhesive film to cover dressings. If you Google it you'll find more info. I use it to keep my HRT patches on.
Tegaderm, ironically, is the one adhesive I'm actively allergic to...and it's designed to be hypoallergenic! I bruise with many others, but erupt into red welts and blisters... so if you have any adhesive sensitivity, try and patch test before applying to any fragile skin areas.

By the way, Mazza, brilliant news on the healing progress. I'm really pleased for you.

Tegaderm, ironically, is the one adhesive I'm actively allergic to...and it's designed to be hypoallergenic! I bruise with many others, but erupt into red welts and blisters... so if you have any adhesive sensitivity, try and patch test before applying to any fragile skin areas.

By the way, Mazza, brilliant news on the healing progress. I'm really pleased for you.

It's the only one I'm NOT allergic to! Thank goodness there's a choice for 'difficult' people like us :)

Although the op wound seems to be healing well and a lot of the bruising has reduced his skin on his entire back is very very itchy and has developed into welts. I have been applying aloe vera (not on the wound) but it’s having little effect.

Although the op wound seems to be healing well and a lot of the bruising has reduced his skin on his entire back is very very itchy and has developed into welts. I have been applying aloe vera (not on the wound) but it’s having little effect.
Do you have any propolis from SBC Lati as I've found it brilliant for any skin iritation. I use it for psoriasis flare ups connected to my arthritis, but have used it for different problems for family. My son uses it sometimes for eczema and my husband for post operation wounds, obviously not on open skin. Worth a try as it is very calming in my experience.

On the subject of my Seasalt parcel, the RM tracking online is now showing Delivered (it wasn’t), Delivery Scan Recorded at Customer Service Point. Does anyone know what that means? I asked a RM a an driver (who does the other side of the road) and he said he had never heard of it! That update was at 6.41 and at 7.10 they texted that it would be delivered today.... But so far as I know the CSP is where you collect parcels. Bugger!!!!! I am not making my first outing a trip to the post office!

On the subject of my Seasalt parcel, the RM tracking online is now showing Delivered (it wasn’t), Delivery Scan Recorded at Customer Service Point. Does anyone know what that means? I asked a RM a an driver (who does the other side of the road) and he said he had never heard of it! That update was at 6.41 and at 7.10 they texted that it would be delivered today.... But so far as I know the CSP is where you collect parcels. Bugger!!!!! I am not making my first outing a trip to the post office!
Is this of any use?

Latest posts

Back