Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I saw the nurse today and it looks to be healed. YEEEEESSSS! 🤗🍷🤗🍷🤗🍷. This is where we were last Sunday but since then of course I managed to twist my ankle and did wonder if I had damaged it again. But no! So she said I will go down to one visit a week, probably not for long. Result and Relief! Now all I need to do is manage to walk, 😂😂😂.
Fantastic. Some lovely news. Fed up today and this has made me happy. ❤️

Thank you so much for all your good wishes. We have such a lovely community on here. Your support when I was going through the worst of it meant so much to me. 😍😍
Great to see you on the mend. Perhaps enforced house arrest has been a small blessing as you weren’t tempted to do and go to things thus giving it time to heal.

A wee drinky to celebrate?🍸🎂

Well it is raining with me and I have just changed my Christmas holiday away.Don’t think it would be operating, cannot see the situation changing enough by Christmas to allow continental travel.Looking forward to 2021 and it is only a few days anyway.Picked up Booths luscious Christmas food book, lovely to look at but I think it will be a chicken leg for me! Dream on! The sun has just come out.

Aw happy belated birthday T, hope you had a lovely day. 🎁🎊❤️xx
Thank you my lovely. I had a Whats App 'Happy Birthday' song from the grandchildren I haven't seen since 1st March & their baby sister who I haven't met... Then lunch with my Mr T & my sister. I saw our younger daughter, son in law & their little girl on Wednesday as that's one of my babysitting ones; that trio have kept me going in 2020, as have the people on here but I know I'm not the only one to have leaned on this forum this year. Love & thanks to all of you.
I'd post emojis but they've gone -anyone know where & how to get them back? I'm on a laptop.

Had to laugh out loud at a comment underneath a newspaper article about families being unable to be together at Christmas. One guy wrote ""We are not having a family Christmas this December. We are holding a funeral for the Turkey, so up to 30 can attend!"
It really made me laugh.

Cartoon coffee 120353459_10223437.jpg

Well it is raining with me and I have just changed my Christmas holiday away.Don’t think it would be operating, cannot see the situation changing enough by Christmas to allow continental travel.Looking forward to 2021 and it is only a few days anyway.Picked up Booths luscious Christmas food book, lovely to look at but I think it will be a chicken leg for me! Dream on! The sun has just come out.
You might need to cancel a holiday to pay for Booths food. A couple of times I have seen an ambulance on the car park of our local store and wondered if someone had collapsed in shock at their bill!

You might need to cancel a holiday to pay for Booths food. A couple of times I have seen an ambulance on the car park of our local store and wondered if someone had collapsed in shock at their bill!
Know what you mean! But to be fair at the height of the lockdown I was able to see Booths as my go to supermarket and joked ‘no fighting for toilet rolls in Booths’ but having worked for pensions all my life I can afford to shop in Booths and my first love Aldi!

Cancelling a holiday is not a big deal to me.I loved going on holiday to Spain every year then when the Cancer diagnosis hit my friend ,we did not go, couldn’t get insurance.This was to be my first time away and I thought I was ready for it.Covid hit & I probably wasn’t ready,I need more time.

Last edited:
Sacrificing Christmas celebrations so all of us are here to celebrate next year is no problem for me. I’ve loved being a member of this forum especially this year as it makes you realise we are all in it together no matter where we live and hearing other people’s problems sometime makes your own seem less important. 🌈💐

Two of my horrors are the thought of being a burden & of getting old; my parents died in their 60s, so being fairly pragmatic I think that's probably my fate too. I don't enjoy being in my 60s & I don't like the way the world is being destroyed so even though I follow the constantly shifting rules for the benefit of others I'm not bothered about the thought of my demise by covid. It would have been different if this had happened 15 years ago, when we had one daughter in year 11 & the other one at uni, as naturally I'd have been concerned about succumbing to it because of the impact that would have had on them. They're now both in their 30s so I no longer have any responsibilities, my wonderful Mr T would cope without me - sell our home, buy a flat & spend his life climbing & our younger daughter would adopt our cat. I live for today & do Christmas every year as though it's my last, because one year it will be, & 2020 won't be any different.

Sacrificing Christmas celebrations so all of us are here to celebrate next year is no problem for me. I’ve loved being a member of this forum especially this year as it makes you realise we are all in it together no matter where we live and hearing other people’s problems sometime makes your own seem less important. 🌈💐

I agree, it’s as if you feel safe here and yes we’re all in it together, it’s a scary time but to know we have love and support here hopefully will make the people who are feeling alone, scared, anxious or all three feel that little be better. ❤️ xx

Two of my horrors are the thought of being a burden & of getting old; my parents died in their 60s, so being fairly pragmatic I think that's probably my fate too. I don't enjoy being in my 60s & I don't like the way the world is being destroyed so even though I follow the constantly shifting rules for the benefit of others I'm not bothered about the thought of my demise by covid. It would have been different if this had happened 15 years ago, when we had one daughter in year 11 & the other one at uni, as naturally I'd have been concerned about succumbing to it because of the impact that would have had on them. They're now both in their 30s so I no longer have any responsibilities, my wonderful Mr T would cope without me - sell our home, buy a flat & spend his life climbing & our younger daughter would adopt our cat. I live for today & do Christmas every year as though it's my last, because one year it will be, & 2020 won't be any different.

I admire your attitude, Twi.

I suffer with anxiety and bouts of depression that have restricted and impacted my life far more than my physical disabilities.

No matter how much I tell myself to get out there as, after all, life is not a rehearsal, I can't make myself make the most of it. Even if I can get into the right frame of mind I'm hobbled by awful fatigue - the kind of fatigue that makes me lie down after a shower, sit down for half an hour to recover from doing the washing up and need to rest after doing the simplest tasks around the house.

I'm sure when your time comes (a good while in the future hopefully) you will be missed a lot.

I admire your attitude, Twi.

I suffer with anxiety and bouts of depression that have restricted and impacted my life far more than my physical disabilities.

No matter how much I tell myself to get out there as, after all, life is not a rehearsal, I can't make myself make the most of it. Even if I can get into the right frame of mind I'm hobbled by awful fatigue - the kind of fatigue that makes me lie down after a shower, sit down for half an hour to recover from doing the washing up and need to rest after doing the simplest tasks around the house.

I'm sure when your time comes (a good while in the future hopefully) you will be missed a lot.
I suffer from chronic fatigue due to a heart problem alter so I know exactly how you feel. Horrible when people think you're being a drama queen when in fact it's a monumental effort just to put your socks on. Fatigue is like a coat that you constantly wear. I have to just get on with it as there's no alternative but I totally sympathise and hope you can stay at home and take your time.

CC

Latest posts

Back