Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not a bad price at all Vienna. We have to wear masks on the bus/train now and it won't be long before the supermarkets follow suit. People will make their own because it will be too much out of your weekly spend to buy boxes of disposable masks, especially if there are 2 or 3 in a household that have to go out and travel to work every day on public transport.

CC

you can just wrap a scarf round your face but not everyone can wear masks if they have respiratory problems
That`s what I intend to do but I have ordered 5 reusable black stretch masks from Ebay for Mr V. He works part time as a taxi driver and has used hand gel, made customers sit in the back and uses gloves when taking money plus wipes the car interior with antibac wipes. He works early morning from 5.30am to midday so most of his customers have been key workers from hospitals, care homes and supermarkets and most have worn masks anyway. The local bus service stopped completely and the only buses running have been those heading out of town and not doing the local routes so Mr V has been one of the few from his firm still working all through the pandemic and many of his customers have said he`s been a lifeline for them, especially when people have been food shopping for themselves and their neighbours or elderly relatives and he`ll do multi stops so they can drop off the food.

I know some on forum like to buy UK items and I think we have all thought about rethinking where we buy from so I thought I would mention a magazine which has just turned up on my Readly called Beautifully British. I imagine the stuff is fairly expensive.

I have asthma since childhood and not tried wearing a mask. But I think my main problem with a proper mask is my sinus problems, I have to use a prescription steroid inhaler and I hit the fresh air and my nose runs and I need to blow it. So that would mean having to remove the mask a number of times the elastic ear loops would not stand that and break.

I had a nose in m&s this morning I was going to the food hall but no scarves in clothes bit which was open. Loads of sales stuff under £3 for women's merino wool jumpers and jeans and trousers etc. Women walking around with arms full of sales clothes buying.

That`s what I intend to do but I have ordered 5 reusable black stretch masks from Ebay for Mr V. He works part time as a taxi driver and has used hand gel, made customers sit in the back and uses gloves when taking money plus wipes the car interior with antibac wipes. He works early morning from 5.30am to midday so most of his customers have been key workers from hospitals, care homes and supermarkets and most have worn masks anyway. The local bus service stopped completely and the only buses running have been those heading out of town and not doing the local routes so Mr V has been one of the few from his firm still working all through the pandemic and many of his customers have said he`s been a lifeline for them, especially when people have been food shopping for themselves and their neighbours or elderly relatives and he`ll do multi stops so they can drop off the food.
I am glad that he has been practical and helpful well done

You must be afraid for and proud of your wonderful Mr V!

Thank you for him and all the key workers...and the families of key workers. So often underappreciated and overlooked in pre-C19 times, at last they are getting well deserved recognition for their contribution to our lives...MVPs the lot of them. They should be getting the gongs and pay rises rather than politicians and bankers.

You must be afraid for and proud of your wonderful Mr V!

Thank you for him and all the key workers...and the families of key workers. So often underappreciated and overlooked in pre-C19 times, at last they are getting well deserved recognition for their contribution to our lives...MVPs the lot of them. They should be getting the gongs and pay rises rather than politicians and bankers.
Wankers

I wore a mask to chemist a couple of weeks ago and I hated it ..I actually couldn’t wait to take it off tbh so I think a scarf for me ... key workers are amazing ... it was a warm day to be fair but I can see the novelty wearing very thin for people in the next few weeks .... of course it is a must for safety ... I’m Just relived we can use a Scarf etc

I have asthma since childhood and not tried wearing a mask. But I think my main problem with a proper mask is my sinus problems, I have to use a prescription steroid inhaler and I hit the fresh air and my nose runs and I need to blow it. So that would mean having to remove the mask a number of times the elastic ear loops would not stand that and break.

I had a nose in m&s this morning I was going to the food hall but no scarves in clothes bit which was open. Loads of sales stuff under £3 for women's merino wool jumpers and jeans and trousers etc. Women walking around with arms full of sales clothes buying.

I'm exactly like you - always with the running nose. Do you get frequent sinus infections? I dread those.

I'm exactly like you - always with the running nose. Do you get frequent sinus infections? I dread those.

I do too ae, not so much now I’m older but yes I’ve had some real humdingers over the years especially when I was younger, it was every other month and don’t get me started on those headaches. 😳 got asthma too but mine only came on when I was about forty, always have blocked nose due to sinus problems but funny enough it’s been runny on and off lately, I’ve been on steroid nasal spray for a few years now 🤧

Yes, sinus infections are a bugger! There is only one antibiotic that works for me, I phone explain etc and the doctor always has to phone me back and a total waste of time as they give me the antibiotic anyway.

I have a facial steamer which has a nasal steam bit and I have used that for years start steaming trying to clear before I need the antibiotics. There used to be this amazing bottle that the doctor prescribed tasted vile but it really cleared my sinus out. Of course, it was taken off the market years ago. It saved having to get to the antibiotic stage

nora.jpg

I do too ae, not so much now I’m older but yes I’ve had some real humdingers over the years especially when I was younger, it was every other month and don’t get me started on those headaches. 😳 got asthma too but mine only came on when I was about forty, always have blocked nose due to sinus problems but funny enough it’s been runny on and off lately, I’ve been on steroid nasal spray for a few years now 🤧

My asthma was adult-onset, too. Mine's cough variant, unlike the rest of my family. None of them could believe I'm asthmatic as I don't wheeze. I wish I did as my coughing attacks are really embarrassing.

My nose stops running if I'm constantly breathing through it. When I start talking or it gets blocked a bit it's like a leaking tap.

Yes, sinus infections are a bugger! There is only one antibiotic that works for me, I phone explain etc and the doctor always has to phone me back and a total waste of time as they give me the antibiotic anyway.

I have a facial steamer which has a nasal steam bit and I have used that for years start steaming trying to clear before I need the antibiotics. There used to be this amazing bottle that the doctor prescribed tasted vile but it really cleared my sinus out. Of course, it was taken off the market years ago. It saved having to get to the antibiotic stage

I have a Neti pot but I'm too much of a wuss to use it. I'm useless at nasal sprays - my nose always hurts like hell if I squirt or spray something up it. Is that normal?

Latest posts

Back