Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Since 21st March I've gone for a daily walk around the local roads, been to both Waitrose & the farm shop five times - I'm first in their queue on a Saturday morning & the girl who always serves me asked me today if I've got German ancestry! Despite both of us being at home we've spent far less doing our shopping this way & the produce at the farm shop is so good it's worth an early start on a Saturday. There are obvious risks to ending house arrests but the economy can't be destroyed & if people don't know how to look after themselves by now they must have been living in a swamp for the last couple of months. I have a hairdresser & garden centre that mean a lot to me & as soon as they're open I'll be there, probably in tears but hey-ho. The big & busy places can wait, in fact I may never bother with them again because the independents will have taken a huge hit & need as much support as possible.

I believe (keep a safe distance from your) Neighbours has started to film again.
My kids loved Neighbours, or Narboors as they called it. I can remember buying a dress from Richards, older girly was in the changing room with me & her opinion was that it was nice & I looked like Helen Daniels; she was the granny & in her mid 70s at this time, I was 40 years younger :oops: I still bought it & it was called my Ramsey Street dress.

My store is one of the smaller branches in the company so I suspect that when we re-open we will have to limit the number of shoppers in at any one time.
I hope I get the job of door monitor, I will allow the nice people in and tell the rude ones to sling their collective hooks.
Ooooh the power!!
As long as the weather's nice, or you have some cover, that would be great. You could walk up & down ensuring the 2 metre distance was observed & looking superior. We had to meet & greet outside the classroom & get the students to sort out their uniform that had become untidy, even though it had just been checked at the end of the previous lesson. I used to feel like Herr Flick.

My kids loved Neighbours, or Narboors as they called it. I can remember buying a dress from Richards, older girly was in the changing room with me & her opinion was that it was nice & I looked like Helen Daniels; she was the granny & in her mid 70s at this time, I was 40 years younger :oops: I still bought it & it was called my Ramsey Street dress.

She was in Emmerdale for a bit, I only watched Neighbours for the first couple of years, there’s that many soaps it’s hard to find the time 😂

I would have watched Corrie and Emerdale when they were on one once then twice a week but when they expanded I found the story lines became beyond ridiculous (plane crashes etc) so dropped both of them. I saw Neighbours for a while when it was broadcast at tea time but not as a must watch. In the early days I saw the odd Eastenders when I was ironing but never really liked it.

I still watch Neighbours - dropped Emmerdale a good few years back as I just could not take anymore misery. I still watch Corry but that has come close to being dropped too and if an episode features gobby Gemma, then it is fast forwarded till her mug disappears from the screen.

My hairdressers is thinking of re-opening in a couple of weeks. Eeeek!

I watch Corrie and Eastenders. No idea why, though.

I faithfully watch Neighbours as it was my mum's favourite. Fond memories.

Enmerdale all the way for me, watched it since day one, best soap in my option. Rarely watch Corrie as it’s become a bit of a joke with unlikable actors.........a lot like QVC presenters but with even less talent 😂

Stopped watching the soaps about 15 years ago, the number of life stopping dramas some of the long running characters went through became rediculous.However some people love and live to watch them, their choice, I found them depressing.

I watch Corrie and Eastenders. No idea why, though.

I faithfully watch Neighbours as it was my mum's favourite. Fond memories.
I haven't seen it in years, probably not since Daphne died... I always liked the way a new character would arrive & within a matter of weeks get job, find somewhere to live & usually a boyfriend or girlfriend. The fact that the sun always seemed to be shining was a huge bonus. Does Susan still wear long sleeves?

Enmerdale all the way for me, watched it since day one, best soap in my option. Rarely watch Corrie as it’s become a bit of a joke with unlikable actors.........a lot like QVC presenters but with even less talent 😂
That's a really good comparison! I've haven't seen Emmerdale in decades, I think it still had Farm in the title at that point 🐄🐑🐓🐤🌱🍏🥦🥕👨‍🌾

The last time I watched Eastenders Den and Angie were still married. I have never watched it in donkeys years. I got fedup of Emmerdale because it became so darned miserable and Belle Dingle is only capable of one facial expression which resembles constipation. I dip in and out of Coronation Street depending on the current storylines. I`ve stopped watching it recently because of a domestic abuse story and I found myself wanting to shake the female victim or lending her my very heavy frying pan, rolling pin and garden shears to whack her abuser then cut off his manhood. Methinks this lockdown is making me vicious lol

Latest posts

Back