Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

After 21 years of sleeping in a waterbed, someone is coming today to empty it .

So I hope he turns up, otherwise I will have nowhere to sleep tonight (he did).

Emptying it is not as easy as I thought, otherwise I would have done it myself.

It weighs about 1 ton, literally.

The heater has packed up, and as a mattress has an average lifespan of 15 to 20 years, I am scrapping it before it bursts and I drown in my sleep.

Now I need to make myself a new bed, that's tomorrow's job, using a temporary one tonight.

PS Have I already posted this? I couldn't find it anywhere. I know I put it on FB, and a FB friend replied that he was using his for 30 years.

2 relatives have told me on Facebook that they had waterbeds for many years (over 30 in one case) and loved them. I had no idea of anyone else I knew having one.

My partner's sister has one. She bought it about 10 years ago.

The only other couple I know had one was a couple 30 years ago that was the talk of the close as they had Friday night keys in the fruit bowl parties :eek:

Red Kites are a protected species, if they're nesting in this woodland they can't be disturbed. I'd contact the RSPB & other conservation organisations about this proposal. I spend so much time signing petitions & one in particular has had great success with a charity taking on the Scottish government & a company that wants to rip out a forest to build a wind farm, this area is home to Scottish wildcats & they're rare & in need of protection. As was seen this week with the Post Office scandal those who are 'in power' need to be dealt with when they misuse it, I've asked for that odious former CEO to have her CBE forfeited & I'd support anyone who wants to stop your woodland being destroyed. Phew!

Thank you, Twi. I'll let you know what happens.

There was a dead mouse smack in the middle of our garden a few days ago. Mr AE had no idea what it was when he opened the curtains as it looked like a pale blob but it was a mouse flat on it's back. We couldn't believe it was there as the neighbour's cat does the rounds first thing in the morning (our dog goes nuts zooming around sniffing when she's let out in the morning. Before we got a wildlife cam we thought it was the cat but it must be a dog's nose paradise in the garden).

By the time he got back in to get gloves on the mouse was gone. We checked the cam and it caught a red kite swooping down and getting it! Majestic.

Oh, something interesting that might not be well known.

India. Did you know most of the over counter meds are actually made there? They will be packed in the UK but are made in India. The brands name and the cheaper generic ones.

I was reading a thread on another forum a US one, and it was OMG poor India then loads going but will be run out of over the counter meds? Then others going I will not buy any meds from India

Does anyone want to put on weight?

This seems to be the female equivalent of the Charles Atlas adverts that I was bombarded with in my youth.
ADVERT too skinny 11709830_1020.jpg

Donna I hope you weren’t in those queues in Belfast!

We opened for the first time this morning and they were going mad to get into the shops (mainly Primark)

There is nothing I would want that would entice me to join those hoards.

Is everyone in UK getting this £100 voucher to spend locally or is it just NI? It was supposed to happen last year but never materialised so I’ll not being holding my breath. I’ll be hard pushed to spend £100 in our town.

Just read its NI to everyone over 18 and will be the summer before out as they reckon that at present there will be plenty of spending due to pent up demand. It’s first come first served (not very fair) and there will also be hospitality vouchers.

Last edited:
No, I was in work this morning. I will nip into tomorrow morning and will not be going near Primark.

No, only those in N.I. are getting the £100. Nothing mentioned first come, first served Diane Dodds said everyone on the news. But you have to apply online it seems. Jersey gave them out last year to get people into the shops after the first lockdown. So Stormont decided everyone on N.I.(I assume not children?) will get the prepaid card. When first announced it was £200! But then no £75 or £100, so now it is the latter. I have heard people on forums saying they will use in the supermarkets, but so far no rules where you can spend just not online. Some saying it should be local independent shops only. It is going to cost so many millions to do it.

Oh, and as for the shops opening, I got an email from Molton Brown saying we are open in N.I. today. Now it gives Forestside near me, also 16 Donegal Square North but the shop is up to let. So I emailed them and said you need to change your locations in Belfast. Next thing an email saying thank you for letting them know and free minis on the way to me.

I don’t think they will allow us to use it for groceries as it’s supposed to kick start the high street and the one sector who have been raking it in, despite their protests ,are the supermarkets as everyone has been buying as much if not more food and booze this past year

Latest posts

Back