Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Interesting . I really don’t mind paying especially for peace of mind.
I mentioned it to the pharmacist when he rang and he said that was the case also over 65s have a different jab to younger folks. I didn't know that. I wonder if that is why my arm is playing up but Mr T is at this moment on the shed roof weatherproofing it 🤔 He probably couldn't cope with the super strength version that I have quite obviously had 🤭

None of the GP's in our town are doing flu clinics. We had an email asking us to download an app and register for the jab. Well it was a right performance, you had to photo your passport, then make a video of yourself. After that they gave you a number you had to repeat it. By this time hubby was ready to throw the laptop through the window. To cap it all you would have had to go to a local playing field were they had set up a Covid testing centre for the jab.It was an absolute nightmare. In the end I rang our pharmacy and they did it for us. They did say they had had a lot of complaints about the app. I just want to know exactly what our GPs are getting paid for.

Do these surgeries not understand that some people do not have access to computers,smartphones etc.or have the ability to do all this videoing etc.?
I was directed to chemists for my flu jab this year.I got a slot at a Boots, bearing in mind I can go anytime and drive to another branch, arrived at the time, jab done, easiest ever.

Do these surgeries not understand that some people do not have access to computers,smartphones etc.or have the ability to do all this videoing etc.?
I was directed to chemists for my flu jab this year.I got a slot at a Boots, bearing in mind I can go anytime and drive to another branch, arrived at the time, jab done, easiest ever.
Chemist was great,when I rang we didn't even need an appointment. They told us to avoid 1pm to 2pm as the pharmacist is on his lunch break. My hubby has worked in IT since 1979 and even he struggled with this stupid app. I got a letter a few weeks ago saying I was due a health check. I am nearly 72 and never had one. I went on line filled in the details and it said I would be contacted within 48 hours. 5 days later I rang the telephone number on the letter to be told the mail box was full. A week later I rang again and left a message. I got a phone call earlier this week offering me a health check. The only problem was it was in the town centre in the indoor market. I told her there was no way I would go into town and certainly not in the market. I am now waiting for them to open some more places early next year and get back to me.
Rant over.

Last year the doctor looked as if he had slept and ate in his clothes for a month, body hygiene not 100% and picked up a dropped swab from the floor and used it again.

I was flabbergasted and there was no COVID then! Not my normal doctor thank goodness.

I saw a locum for my ear infection and after examining me he swiped the otoscope in his white coat then put it back in the box! I was flabbergasted, too.

I saw a locum for my ear infection and after examining me he swiped the otoscope in his white coat then put it back in the box! I was flabbergasted, too.
I'm disgusted but sadly not surprised; the statistic that up to 20% of hospital patients with covid-19 caught it in hospital & this week's damning inspection result of a hospital in Kent where, among many other failings, nurses failed to follow hand hygiene measures are appalling.

I'm disgusted but sadly not surprised; the statistic that up to 20% of hospital patients with covid-19 caught it in hospital & this week's damning inspection result of a hospital in Kent where, among many other failings, nurses failed to follow hand hygiene measures are appalling.

Basic hand hygiene is a must. Full stop. If a hospital can't get that right there is no hope.

The ONLY good thing about Covid is that schools are teaching kids how to wash their hands properly as a lot of parents these days simply can't be arsed or are 'too busy' to do anything with them other than hand them a phone to play with and order a takeaway.

WTAF???

Interesting . I really don’t mind paying especially for peace of mind.

Hubby gets the free jab as he has COPD. I can get it this year, as an over 50, but no one is doing that age group around here! I booked us both into our local Boots, where I’ve had my jab for the last few years. Paperwork done online, and they were able to administer jabs at the end of September. GP couldn’t do hubby until the end of November, and couldn’t offer me anything. Hubby’s jab was still free, and we were in and out in 10 minutes. As Boots are restricting the number of people in the shop, it felt a lot safer than the surgery!

Anyone thinking of bulk buying popcorn..... I have just read an article in today's Sunday Times about Joe and Seph's. Apparently they had a tie in with the Bond producers and made a Dry Martini version! Because if the deferral they are now getting all their stock returned from cinemas and many orders cancelled. They have managed to shift 75% but are having to sell below RRP. It is now a race against time because of the expiry date.

Eyes peeled for an OTO on Q?!? Cue Andi Peters and Dale going into 007 mode.

I love popcorn, especially salted but it is as cheap as chips to make yourself, I’ve been doing it for 50 years, unfortunately Mr L doesn’t like it.
Does anyone else have the whirley pop popcorn maker from QVC? It’s a pan with a stirring device operated by turning a handle. Mine must be about 25 years old.

I bought my middle son this as part of a Christmas present a couple of years ago along with an ice cream maker for their movie nights. There`s a video showing how it works.

I have a hospital appointment in a week's time. I cancelled the last one in March and now am worrying about this one. It is for my eyes, so close contact so to speak. In two minds what to do.

Also I am having a flu jab on Tuesday. Never had one before, should I just expect a sore arm or other side effects?

Latest posts

Back