Steam cream duo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vienna

Registered Shopper
Steam cream duo on Q is £21.50 plus £3.95
Steam cream duo on Amazon is £14.13 with free p and p.
The same cream, just different patterned tins.

Steamcream.

If anyone may be interested in the Steamcream that QVC have shown recently, I recommend that you take a look on Amazon first! I found a 2 x 75ml tin set called Party Pamper for £14.13 with free P&P and that makes it almost half of the QVC price. I still can't work out where they get their prices! Single tins are a lot cheaper too.

Same goes for the Argan oil. How they charge almost £50 (with P&P) for a 50ml bottle is beyond me when you can get 100ml from Billy in the Tree via Amazon for £9.95!! And it's good quality too.

Way back in the very early 90s, Cosmetics To Go made Steam Cream(I bought it), same ingredients. When they became LUSH, they never brought it back which I found strange, but then a number of brilliant products never came back under LUSH.

Steam cream reminds of Lush`s Dream Cream Donna. Same smell and same texture and similar ingredients I think.

Steam cream duo on Q is £21.50 plus £3.95
Steam cream duo on Amazon is £14.13 with free p and p.
The same cream, just different patterned tins.

Thanks for the tip about the duos on Amazon Vienna, I'm going to give this a try. I love this forum, I save so much money when I read where other people buy Q's products. That's a big difference in the price getting it from Amazon and I'll probably get it much quicker too as they don't seem to dither for days sending stuff out like QVC. I'll try to remember to report back on here when I've tried it. Has anyone else used it, and if so what do you think of it?

Thanks for the tip about the duos on Amazon Vienna, I'm going to give this a try. I love this forum, I save so much money when I read where other people buy Q's products. That's a big difference in the price getting it from Amazon and I'll probably get it much quicker too as they don't seem to dither for days sending stuff out like QVC. I'll try to remember to report back on here when I've tried it. Has anyone else used it, and if so what do you think of it?
I`ve used it Pandora. I have very sensitive skin which can be upset very easily. Even a change in washing powder or fabric softener, shampoo or anything which goes near my face, such as a towel or suds from shampoo can set it off and red blotches appear as if by magic. Consequently I find the new era of face products containing all kinds of anti ageing ingredients really disagree with me. I stick to simple uncomplicated skin care and steam cream fits that bill. It`s very kind, smells lovely, is multipurpose because you can use it on face, hands , body etc and doesn`t contain any nasties.

Thanks Vienna, I have quite sensitive skin too as I have flare ups of psoriasis on my face, much improved with using SBC propolis gel and Josie Maran's facial oil. I just wanted to change from Liz Earle's moisturiser, because lately it seems to be clogging my pores. I wanted something as natural as possible, as it's less likely to cause a bad reaction going by past experience.

I got a tin out of John Lewis recently. It's nice to use on feet and hands but think the fragrance is a bit much for my face as I get headaches easy .

Way back in the very early 90s, Cosmetics To Go made Steam Cream(I bought it), same ingredients. When they became LUSH, they never brought it back which I found strange, but then a number of brilliant products never came back under LUSH.
adored Cosmetics to Go and their quirky products. Lush has never appealed to me in the same way.

Are the different names just the colour / pattern of the container or do they have different smells? They all seem to contain lavender.
It`s the same cream in every tin dolly. It`s only the colour and patterns of the tins which vary, not the cream.

Same here. I do buy the odd bath bomb and body lotion from LUSH or did then stopped.

CTG, loved the make up, face products, Violet Nights bath stuff all of it. They did this fantastic body lotion which I cannot remember the name of, but every t ime I used it the cat used to go mad and try to lick it off.

I get a headache from the overpowering smell just walking past a Lush shop! Does anyone know what age group the Steam Cream is aimed at?

The ingredients listing of steamcream is:

Oatmeal Infusion, Orange Flower Water, Almond Oil, Cocoa Butter, Organic Jojoba Oil, Lavender Essential Oil, Chamomile Blue, Essential Oil,Orange Blossom Absolute, Rose Absolute, Neroli Oil, Glycerine, Stearic Acid ,Triethanolamine, Cetyl Stearyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben & Propylparaben.

Its fairly natural but contains a few chemical based ingredients namely the parabens and Triethanolamine - I wouldn't use it with my skin due to the essential oils but some people like, and get on with, essential oils and it seems very popular, I've tried it on my hand and its a lovely texture and smell but wouldn't use as a face cream. The guest showing it looked like she had nice skin and says she uses it.

I get a headache from the overpowering smell just walking past a Lush shop! Does anyone know what age group the Steam Cream is aimed at?

Agree about Lush shops, we have one in our town, and when it's a hot day just walking past their open door is too much.

Air pollution of a different kind :whew: to me anyway

Never heard of Steam Cream before, sounds good.
How is it comparable to L'Occitane creams (face and body) in terms of results etc?
Is it comparable to Emma Hardie?

Marina, steam cream is simple no bell or whistles but gets rave reviews from beauty bloggers and those who buy it.

Its not anti aging etc, but good for sensitive skin(well the original version was), a simple easy product to use for those who prefer that.

The tins are small think a pot of Nivea so not bit enough to use on the body all the time.

Here is there website and they explain all about it.

www.steamcream.co.uk

Latest posts

Back