Specs TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They can't possibly be decent quality for that price and will probably break very quickly. I've had a pair of Joan Rivers reading glasses for a couple of years now (they were over £30 from QVC) which I wear every time I read anything, and they are as good as new.

I was really hoping to get these because I have some allergy eye issues (although I do not need 'proper' glasses. My doctor advises wearing clear glasses/sunglasses at all times outside when I am affected and indoors if the windows are open/air con is on. It can make my eyes much more tired than usual. Ordinary sunglasses are fine for outdoors and going about, but I could really have done with some of the 1.0 level to use while working on my laptop/reading etc. Alas all are sold out (unless you need a stronger magnification and then they're only available on waitlist). I have a pair of stronger magnification for detailed work like getting splinters out and they are very useful, since holding a magnifying glass and the tweezers while 'operating' on yourself is not at all easy!

I need readers and think this is a great idea. Well it would be if I didn't already have 7 or 8 pairs. I forget them all the time so end up buying new ones. Hence having that many pairs.

As to the price I've got ones ranging from £20 to £2 and there is a difference in quality but I can see out of them all so take yer choice really.

Our local indoor market sells them for £1-50 with a wide choice of frames and lenses and they seem very good quality to me, a friend uses a pair.

It is also strange that they have chosen a TSV that cuts out half of their customers, as you don't normally need them until the age of about 45 to 50.

Could be they are taking over excess stock from parent company in the U.S. ("hey hon we've over-ordered on the....... Northern Nights / Yankee Candles/Nina Leonard/etc............... don't sorry sugar we'll offload onto Great Britain, they'll take anything. Just keep it cheap and pile on the mailing and shipping !!!!")

Very true most people don't need reading glasses until 45. I have one prescription pair of readers that I keep for work as I have a stigmatism in one eye and each eye needs a different strength so the strong eye ends up with too strong a prescription.
I have cheap readers, bought from the Poundshop, Primark dotted all round the house, in the car, in my handbag. I had a friend who was a dispensing optician and she said that the quality of the cheap lenses is now very good and as long as you could see through them without any distortion (assuming correct strength) then they could be used.
I wanted the TSV mainly for the sunglasses. I got it on waitlist this morning at 08:30!

Ah, but the percentage that does require them makes the a possibly profitable venture.
There is a huge, massive mark up on glasses, especially if you give them the "designer" brand name. There is a reason why Specksavers can have 2 for one offers and still make a massive profit, cut out shops and aftercare, staff costs and rates and you can have them at an unbelievable price

However, I can not even find them on the website as all I get is set of two print and angle sleeves T shirts ????????

I'm sure it has been an excellent TSV for them even though it was aimed at their older customers - look how early it sold out. I missed it, but am hopeful that this is one TSV they do bring back in the not too distant future.

I'm sure it has been an excellent TSV for them even though it was aimed at their older customers - look how early it sold out. I missed it, but am hopeful that this is one TSV they do bring back in the not too distant future.

Ah, maybe that is why I can not see it on my laptop,:smirk:
so the t shirts are a separate TSV?

I have no idea how I got one sentence in the box and the other outside the comment box?

Ah, but the percentage that does require them makes the a possibly profitable venture.
There is a huge, massive mark up on glasses, especially if you give them the "designer" brand name. There is a reason why Specksavers can have 2 for one offers and still make a massive profit, cut out shops and aftercare, staff costs and rates and you can have them at an unbelievable price

However, I can not even find them on the website as all I get is set of two print and angle sleeves T shirts ????????

The opticians try to increase their basic percentage with additional options such as anti scratch, anti reflective coatings. Just got a new pair of prescription readers this week for £25.00 from specsavers and I had a £5 voucher which was the cost of the eyetest. Didn't bother with 2 pairs for £69. The only thing about the £25 glasses was that they do not have springs on the arms which means that they might stretch.

I thought the TSV was a Renee clothing item today not that I would be buying her range I am sure that is what was on the schedule. I wouldn't buy the specs as I have loads of them already mostly bought for a couple of pounds or less.

It is also strange that they have chosen a TSV that cuts out half of their customers, as you don't normally need them until the age of about 45 to 50.

Most TSV's cut out half (or more) of the customers - I mean not everyone drives so would not need a Sat-Nav, lots live in flats so don't have a garden and need plants etc.:thinking:

Most TSV's cut out half (or more) of the customers - I mean not everyone drives so would not need a Sat-Nav, lots live in flats so don't have a garden and need plants etc.:thinking:
Good point! I don't drive and no-one in my household does. I don't eat meat either, so all that King's Realm stuff is out, and I can't use Liz Earle because of allergies to some of her ingredients. There isn't really a product that QVC sell as a TSV that everyone could use/would want …

I recently bought a pack of 4 reading glasses from QVC for £14.82. They have been really useful and good value. I only have one pair of prescription glasses and I am forever putting them down somewhere. As I am needing my glasses more and more I have these in different rooms so I can always lay my hands on a pair. I am at the opticians tomorrow and I simply cannot do without my glasses for a few days if my lenses need changing. So they will be invaluable in the next few days. I would have liked the sunglasses in the TSV though.

Bought these at midnight for the sunglasses really. I wear glasses but cant afford prescription sunnies so these will be ideal, I hope!!

Bought these at midnight for the sunglasses really. I wear glasses but cant afford prescription sunnies so these will be ideal, I hope!!

Yes the sunnies are bifocal according to what I heard this morning. That's why I wanted them. I rarely read outdoors but when I do I have to resort to wearing a pair of readers with a large pair of sunnies over them. It works reasonably well but is a bit of a hassle

actually what a fab idea, never thought of getting reading glasses with sun glasses so I can read outside. Blimey I am dumb at times :blush::blush:

Latest posts

Back