Sort of Skechers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
Have a listen to the guest presenter on with Debbie Greenwood. She uses the phrase "sort of" about 10 times per sentence. She has just described some boots as 'sort of suede', with a 'sort of bow' and they are apparently 'sort of trendy'. I don't think I would buy them as I would quite like actual suede boots, not sort of boots in sort of suede, and I am bound to be disappointed and sort of send them back.

It is driving me mad - and I feel better already telling you all.

Tee Hee! I was going to start a thread entitled "sort of is back again". I posted the last time she was on about this. She says it all the time. Quite funny in an annoying 'sort of' way.

I've got the radio on and QVC muted in the background... with some presenters / guests I find this is the best combination... QVC pictures and someone else's sound... much less annoying.

I am so obsessed by it now, I just wound a few second segment back a few times and have transcribed it for you:

"These are a fantastic sort of er, twist on the sort of the classic sort of wintry sort of boot, again with this sort of synthetic sort of sheepskin sort of look inside there, but again we're getting a genuine suede on the upper, we're getting lots of sort of detailing."

I was shocked to hear something was 'genuine' in there.

Tee Hee! I was going to start a thread entitled "sort of is back again". I posted the last time she was on about this. She says it all the time. Quite funny in an annoying 'sort of' way.

Ah, I thought someone else must have noticed it and commented before. I hope I can eventually find it funny, too, Itchy!

Beverley Cressman ( she's one of the guests who brings all the tat to Q) is guilty of the same thing, only she says "kind of". Drives me nuts!

On the same "sort of" subject i wish D.G would stop refering to easy pays as bit size chunks,for some reason it really grates,probably just me.:mysmilie_503:

On the same "sort of" subject i wish D.G would stop refering to easy pays as bit size chunks,for some reason it really grates,probably just me.:mysmilie_503:

I think we all have our little irritations with people on tv, especially people we see regularly. I reckon if people on here listed things, it would go on for miles.

I am so obsessed by it now, I just wound a few second segment back a few times and have transcribed it for you:

"These are a fantastic sort of er, twist on the sort of the classic sort of wintry sort of boot, again with this sort of synthetic sort of sheepskin sort of look inside there, but again we're getting a genuine suede on the upper, we're getting lots of sort of detailing."

I was shocked to hear something was 'genuine' in there.

Oh lord I'm glad I wasn't watching. I'd have chucked something at the telly! Jill F got on my baps last night keep going on about a "crisp, white shirt". What? As opposed to the manky grey coloured one thrown on the floor of the wardrobe?? Funny what winds us up eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh lord I'm glad I wasn't watching. I'd have chucked something at the telly! Jill F got on my baps last night keep going on about a "crisp, white shirt". What? As opposed to the manky grey coloured one thrown on the floor of the wardrobe?? Funny what winds us up eh?

I nearly did, Sparkles (chuck something at the telly). That quote I posted was absolutely what the woman said. When I wrote it down, I had to go back and check it was right as it just didn't seem possible that 'sort of' was used every couple of words.

They do seem a bit obsessed with 'crisp white shirts', I've noticed.

I nearly did, Sparkles (chuck something at the telly). That quote I posted was absolutely what the woman said. When I wrote it down, I had to go back and check it was right as it just didn't seem possible that 'sort of' was used every couple of words.

They do seem a bit obsessed with 'crisp white shirts', I've noticed.

The sort of woman was doing my head in. I love skechers boots ~ I have a few pairs and was looking forward to the show to see what's new, but I couldn't stand it. I had to switch off. Crisp white shirt does my head in too. It's been said to death and is so lazy. How many of us ever actually wear one and I don't recall ever seeing any of the presenters sporting one.

Its like when I hear TV cooks say "Pop it onto a clean plate". Would anyone pop it onto a dirty one?

Off topic - sorry.

The sort of woman was doing my head in. I love skechers boots ~ I have a few pairs and was looking forward to the show to see what's new, but I couldn't stand it. I had to switch off. Crisp white shirt does my head in too. It's been said to death and is so lazy. How many of us ever actually wear one and I don't recall ever seeing any of the presenters sporting one.

Fortunately, I only caught the last bit of the show and within 5 mins I was so incensed, I was on here typing up what she was saying so I didn't have to endure much of the sow (sort of woman, as you call her).

I am off out in half an hour - just going to iron my crisp white shirt ....

Fortunately, I only caught the last bit of the show and within 5 mins I was so incensed, I was on here typing up what she was saying so I didn't have to endure much of the sow (sort of woman, as you call her).

I am off out in half an hour - just going to iron my crisp white shirt ....

Oh no you didn't! Lol ;)

Latest posts

Back