Some advice to QVC....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wornoutcreditcard

Registered Shopper
sort out your damn website, it's useless and annoying:mysmilie_51:

It often shows items as sold out when they are in stock on TV and when you phone up to order.

I tried to view a range of jewellery which had 100+ items in the inventory when I tried to navigate from page one to page two I ended up with a page of naff fashion instead and couldn't get back to the jewellery

When trying to add items to the basket the page does not load and I often miss out on my size (qvc miss out on a sale) because of the amateurish ****** website
It's a joke that this company with all its resources can't organise a working website, instead we get the presenters ordering their purchases on air and wittering on inanely about Twitter and we have to suffer the cringe making phone calls from Doris in Ongar talking about her operations and how qvc and her 600 diamonique rings have changed her life.I DONT CARE, FIX THE DAMN WEBSITE!

Must admit I have found the website recently even worse than it used to be, but it saves me money as sometimes I just can't be bothered with it's failings, it must be one of the worse shopping websites to use,and as for the app! When I try to use that I am getting an image not available message on the main home page and the shop/Watch icons on top of that message, it is absolutely useless and that is putting it very politely! Why can't they sort it !

I agree. QVC's website is absolutely 100% the worst website I have ever had the misfortune to use, and considering that on certain occasions I can spend up to £10,000.00 per day (not on myself), they should be ashamed of it.

Regarding the app, I agree with ILC. That is crap as well.

I agree too. Fed up with insufficient pictures of products eg no views of earring fastenings or clasps on items. Far too many "image not available" items, cosmetic choices just labelled as "pink" or "red" or "nude" some of us actually know the colour of items from the dreaded high street stores and would like to know what we are getting. Would it really be too onerous a task to state the ingredients of products? Info on where items are manufactured and whether animal tested would help with cosmetics. It is pathetic that many of us have to go onto the QVC USA site to get info on certain products. Their website is much more informative.
I do a lot of Internet shopping, and, without a doubt, QVC UK's website is the most naff.

PS Doris from Ongar regularly phones LBC radio station and talks about where she had "a nice meal", how much it cost and what she had.
I

Couldn't agree more that the QVC website is crap. I tried to view an item a few weeks via the 'on air presentation', and all I got was a promo for upcoming shows and no sign of the item I wanted to view. Rubbish. Who put that up there and didn't even check what it contained?

I would also like ingredient listing, as I have an allergy to an ingredient that is in quite a few products, and I have no intention of ordering something I am not sure whether I can use.

I would also like to know on my account, whether an item is on easy pay, as memory woman here, does not always remember, and if I don't write it down I have to find the invoice and check, when it would be far easier to just check online.

QUS website shows jewellery from every angle, measurement chart and close ups, including a model to give proportion. We should do it pronto.

Nothing to do with the website, but how many of us believe if you enter the morning comp the name is picked at random...I have watched for a few mornings, yesterday they picked someone who hadn't even seen the picture, (she got it right...it was eek lol) and today it was Clogau gold and what do you know a lady from Wales won....They must think that we are all imbeciles... I feel better now...I just wanted a rant... :mysmilie_59: BTW I have often lost patience with the website and come away without seeing what I was interested in....

On top of everything that's wrong with their website, their response when the topic is raised on Facebook is that we should clear our cookies. Well it needs more blummin attention than that! Fine to offer users a temporary fix but it's been years! Their IT/Web team should be ashamed of themselves!

Nothing to do with the website, but how many of us believe if you enter the morning comp the name is picked at random...I have watched for a few mornings, yesterday they picked someone who hadn't even seen the picture, (she got it right...it was eek lol) and today it was Clogau gold and what do you know a lady from Wales won....They must think that we are all imbeciles... I feel better now...I just wanted a rant... :mysmilie_59: BTW I have often lost patience with the website and come away without seeing what I was interested in....

I'm suspicious of how names are selected as someone from Flints group has won it twice !!!

On top of everything that's wrong with their website, their response when the topic is raised on Facebook is that we should clear our cookies. Well it needs more blummin attention than that! Fine to offer users a temporary fix but it's been years! Their IT/Web team should be ashamed of themselves!

Team? Don't be daft, it's probably a work experience tea boy who does it in his dinner hour in exchange for an egg & cress butty and a carton of Vimto.

QVC UK is like QUS`s poor relation. A bit like someone trying to get a Chanel look at Primark prices. The whole company needs a total revamp from top to bottom. From the management, presenters, CS, aftersales, products, website, deliveries, p and p, morals, ethics, and so on and so on. The list is endless and they`d be better off scrapping the lot and starting again.

Vimto, is that still made? Back in the day Cresta, Tab and Fresco were perfect on a sunny day like today.

I was reared on the stuff ! Back in the 50`s and 60`s my Dad worked for a haulage firm who used to transport Vimto from their factory in Salford. He brought home many a free sample if you get my drift, literally fallen off the back of a lorry ... Vimto was crated not boxed for transportation at that time and there must have been the odd crate missing a bottle now and again.

Team? Don't be daft, it's probably a work experience tea boy who does it in his dinner hour in exchange for an egg & cress butty and a carton of Vimto.

Ha, Ha, Ha. Brilliant. (But probably true).

Brilliant post! and lost of funny replies too :) Covers pretty much every issue and gripe I've had with the site myself.

For those wondering though, I did manage to find a photo of QVC's website team, hard at work updating...
kids-computer.jpg

Their team leader is as old a Pitt the Glint in the Milkman's Eye ;)

Agree with every complaint

The Your Account page is a joke too.
If you've something on auto delivery, heaven help you if you want to check on later drops, when they might go out or what's in them. If you have the time to actually find the order from when you ordered it way back when, you click on to just get a no longer available message on the auto delivery bit. I've got so I have to copy the lists on the first order day in order to keep track.

They probably haven't got an IT Team - everything is 'outsourced' these days as, supposedly, it's cheaper!

The last place I worked, most of the IT department was transferred across to the outsourced company, then made redundant. They kept the useless ones with the fancy titles who did b****r all.

So, yes, it probably is just the tea boy left, and a well-paid manager who knows nowt about websites...

QVC's website is a disgrace and I hardly ever use it now.

The Q website was originally a home-grown effort and it was pretty good (back in the late 1990s), well, on a par with similar sites back then. This latest reinvention is dreadful, they've never addressed the "teething" troubles when it was first launched. I was reporting every page (if it even loaded) for the first few months! It was changed to look like the US site and it seems someone just "copied & paste" a few pages and then tried to make them work! I'm not sure it'd be a YTS yoof as they're all more savvy than that, could it be Mabel from "Human Resources" who still insists she works in "Personnel" moved sideways when she wanted to only work afternoons?

Latest posts

Back