Some advice to QVC....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hear-hear!

It beggars belief that they seem to continually neglect the website. They clearly do no market research and compare other companies' websites.

When they introduced the wishlist feature they made it so completely useless they shouldn't have bothered.

I look at QVC US website which is informative (nearly always ingredient lists for beauty products), country of origin for each product - including each component in a product. They not only don't ensure they have photos of all the available options, they also don't have basics such as measurements/dimensions, materials, scents (Yankee Candle sets).

It would seem with the increasingly noticeable "hard sell" tactics that times are tough for QVC UK (by their own standards)... so why wouldn't you ensure that all your routes to market are attractive and easy to use? Their approach seems to be to add another telly channel, and get the presenters to be more shouty and aggressive.

I'm sure all of us could name at least 10 sites which offer a better customer experience.

If they did any research with Q customers they must have researched with customers who never venture on any other sites and are wowed by the fossilised features of the website.
And if they put their new on-screen graphics through any sort of focus group, again they picked the wrong bunch. Even the presenters seem to have difficulties with the "improvements". I've given up on the on-screen graphics. I do go onto the website and hope for the best with it. The best alternative though is probably to just ring customer services to be sure that you've got all the relevant information.

sort out your damn website, it's useless and annoying:mysmilie_51:

It often shows items as sold out when they are in stock on TV and when you phone up to order.

I tried to view a range of jewellery which had 100+ items in the inventory when I tried to navigate from page one to page two I ended up with a page of naff fashion instead and couldn't get back to the jewellery

When trying to add items to the basket the page does not load and I often miss out on my size (qvc miss out on a sale) because of the amateurish ****** website
It's a joke that this company with all its resources can't organise a working website, instead we get the presenters ordering their purchases on air and wittering on inanely about Twitter and we have to suffer the cringe making phone calls from Doris in Ongar talking about her operations and how qvc and her 600 diamonique rings have changed her life.I DONT CARE, FIX THE DAMN WEBSITE!

Perhaps this thread could be posted on the Q Facebook page, maybe would sink in better.

But maybe the Q people who supposedly read this forum would take notice. Or perhaps those who seem to have the ear iof DF could plead our case (not of course that either will think that there could possibly be anything wrong with the blessed Q)

Hear-hear!

It beggars belief that they seem to continually neglect the website. They clearly do no market research and compare other companies' websites.

When they introduced the wishlist feature they made it so completely useless they shouldn't have bothered.

I look at QVC US website which is informative (nearly always ingredient lists for beauty products), country of origin for each product - including each component in a product. They not only don't ensure they have photos of all the available options, they also don't have basics such as measurements/dimensions, materials, scents (Yankee Candle sets).

It would seem with the increasingly noticeable "hard sell" tactics that times are tough for QVC UK (by their own standards)... so why wouldn't you ensure that all your routes to market are attractive and easy to use? Their approach seems to be to add another telly channel, and get the presenters to be more shouty and aggressive.

I'm sure all of us could name at least 10 sites which offer a better customer experience.

If they did any research with Q customers they must have researched with customers who never venture on any other sites and are wowed by the fossilised features of the website.
And if they put their new on-screen graphics through any sort of focus group, again they picked the wrong bunch. Even the presenters seem to have difficulties with the "improvements". I've given up on the on-screen graphics. I do go onto the website and hope for the best with it. The best alternative though is probably to just ring customer services to be sure that you've got all the relevant information.

The research was probably with Doris of Ongar!

Most of the members here have been loyal and prolific customers (up until very recently anyway) but I somehow suspect that all the thousands of new customers will only order once in a blue moon.

That's true, when we used to order when QVC first started there was no competition, don't suppose new customers will put up with the dearer prices, slow returns and p&p for long, not with the likes of Amazon and our friend Google about.

I still think that if you're investigating a new product/brand you are unsure of, and it's expensive, the 30 day MBG is very attractive. You get to "play" and see if the item is all you need it to be and if not send it back. Particularly good for expensive brands (Vitamix, Dyson, KitchenAid, Bose etc) or if you're searching for a skincare brand to suit a difficult skin, for example.

With beauty products, there are still bargains if you go for some of the kits.

The downsides (apart from the website):

They have got to sort out the logistics side of things and drag themselves into the 21st century as regards p&p.
They need to sort the on-screen graphics.
They need to ensure that guests and presenters are always properly prepared before going on air.
They need to stop renaming things for what are undoubtedly technical reasons - that's hardly customer-focused, is it? Use the descriptions provided by the brands, the colours described by the brands (and take the trouble to spell them properly... would be nice).

I think you have summed it up perfectly.

Once they stop the 30dmbg (and I think it will eventually happen) they are dead in the water.

I totally agree the My Account thing and also the My Orders bit is a total waste of pixels on my computer screen. And all this guff about 'real-time tracking' of our orders is a load of tosh too. I had the misfortune to phone Qs "Customer Service" department yesterday, the item I ordered two and a half weeks ago still hasn't turned up, so I rang to say that in the my orders section it was still showing as In Process. The woman said that because it was coming (though I heartily doubt it's coming at all) direct from the manufacturer it wouldn't get updated to 'Shipped' because the manufacturer couldn't update QVCs computer system, so I would likely have had it delivered and it would still say In Process on the webshite. What's the ****** point of that then?

She then went on to say that I shouldn't worry, it will turn up. Course it will love, and look at that flying pig. They must think our coats button up the back. But it does beg the question why could she not consult the company to look into it,, or indeed check that they had received the order and it was indeed being processed? No, nothing. Just wait till the regulation number of days had elapsed and fill in the crappy item not received letter. How is that award winning customer service?

I have, of course, since that phone call, gone on to order the item from somewhere else, cheaper than QVC, with free delivery, and if in the unlikely event that the item from QVC does arrive I shall be refusing delivery and letting QVC know why with a strongly worded email.

Yes, as long as they have the 30 day MBG they have a USP (unique selling point) and they don't have to compete with other aspects of the shopping experience like price, delivery, returns, functionality of website etc.

That said, their lack of competitiveness with the likes of Amazon, John Lewis etc. in a holistic shopping experience is extremely frustrating.

i dont think the mbg is that unique. its just that shops dont advertise the fact. john lewis are very good. if i buy something even technology they say even if i have used it but dont get on with it they will refund my money. cosmetics most shops refund if you dont get on with it. just ask when you are buying you would be suprised.

the collect service is free at your local waitrose and they often have sales on thier website. qvc dont have a monopoly on customer service and the fact you have to haggle to return items for free because the postage is a rip off.

amazon anather company that i like. i bought some items that were not as expected. i had them for a few weeks before i used them. e mailed them printed off a lable and the local corner shop have the drop of service. within seconds i had a text to say they recieved my item. within hours i was e mailed to say i was refunded.
qvc are lagging.

i

And to be honest, it must be a relatively small percentage of customers that actually use the MBG to the full extent of it's being, as in buy something and actually use it, wear it, eat it, and then send it back.

I'd imagine most people just have a look at an item when it arrives, decide they don't like it, then send it back - which is covered under the DSR for all purchases made online, just like you can buy something in a shop, take it home, change your mind and take it back for a refund. It's not that special really is it.

I totally agree the My Account thing and also the My Orders bit is a total waste of pixels on my computer screen. And all this guff about 'real-time tracking' of our orders is a load of tosh too. I had the misfortune to phone Qs "Customer Service" department yesterday, the item I ordered two and a half weeks ago still hasn't turned up, so I rang to say that in the my orders section it was still showing as In Process. The woman said that because it was coming (though I heartily doubt it's coming at all) direct from the manufacturer it wouldn't get updated to 'Shipped' because the manufacturer couldn't update QVCs computer system, so I would likely have had it delivered and it would still say In Process on the webshite. What's the ****** point of that then?

She then went on to say that I shouldn't worry, it will turn up. Course it will love, and look at that flying pig. They must think our coats button up the back. But it does beg the question why could she not consult the company to look into it,, or indeed check that they had received the order and it was indeed being processed? No, nothing. Just wait till the regulation number of days had elapsed and fill in the crappy item not received letter. How is that award winning customer service?

I have, of course, since that phone call, gone on to order the item from somewhere else, cheaper than QVC, with free delivery, and if in the unlikely event that the item from QVC does arrive I shall be refusing delivery and letting QVC know why with a strongly worded email.

So two and a half weeks after the order was placed and two emails and a phone call later (through all of which vie been assured there's no problems and it'll be with me soon) I've just got home to a voicemail message from Q, so I've rung them back and they've said there'll be 'a delay' with my order and it will be with me sometime during week commencing the 27th.

I told her to shove it.

Latest posts

Back