Sodastream TSV 28th of June

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flipping heck four minutes in Charlie announces 100 sold, already proving a run away success.

Charlie is making me laugh, why doesn't he listen to what he's saying. He just said that his son has drunk the cranberry and raspberry all weekend as its his favourite, yet when the lady made it he said oh cranberry and raspberry I've never tried this one, thought he'd been making it all weekend! Also, he said he is tee total and the ONLY drink he has is plain fizzy water with ice and lemon, yet he then goes on to say that he doesn't buy bottled fizzy water as it goes flat too quickly. What does he drink then, if the only drink he drinks he doesn't buy. Get a grip you plonker.

Their prices are silly, £165 incl p&p for one, OMG.

http://www.sodastream.co.uk/gbretail/productmoreinfo.asp?catalog_name=Sodastream&category_name=SpecialOffers&product_id=9999999910&callerpage=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sodastream.co.uk%2Fgbretail%2Fbasket.asp

The Stream value kit offers you a great deal and saving of up to £8.

The value kit includes a:

Home Drinks Maker
2 x 60 Litre Gas Cylinders
4 x Carbonating Bottles
3 x Flavoured syrups of your choice

The drinks maker is fun and easy to use for you, your family and friends and kind to the planet too. Help reduce the effect on the environment by using tap water and creating an exciting range of sparkling soft drinks from the comfort your own home.
£95.83 £87.83
Qty
Add to Basket
Watch a short demonstration of the SodaStream Drinks Make

Was gonna get the Argos one found the info too late and it has sold out. Oh well will stick to tap water then lol

I've got a Soda stream and when I bought it a couple of years ago as a set with bottles, concentrates etc I think it set me back about £40. I love it, but the biggest gripe is getting hold of the concentrates, especially the diet ones. The few shops I've found have limited flavours available, and the packs you can buy usually contain full fat ones as well which I won't use. And folks...don't be tempted by the try me pack of miniatures they're selling at £12, I paid a fiver for one thinking it was a bargain, but it's an absolute rip off...one full size bottle makes 12 litres and costs between £2.50 - £3.99..this pack also makes 12 litres...do the maths! It's a good thing to have but as others have said you need to shop around.

i had one of these decades ago and found the canister really expensive as it kept running out.
you could if i remember rightly get a replacement very cheap if you bought the old one back.

Dunelm Mill have these on sale - or they did do last week when I was there buying my Hug Mugs. They had a few in stock for under £50...

They also have them in Costco, if you happen to live near one, for £24.99 + VAT, for the machine, 2 bottles, a gas canister and the 12 samples pack.

PS Barb - have just had to find out what a Hug Mug is......:happy:

Last edited:
Just get real qvc

If they say it's money saving again ................ :angry:

The Cola replacement concentrates cost £20.45 for four bottles making 12 litres each.

So they are costing .43p to make each litre, hardly money saving when you have to provide the water, purchase on top the machine, bottles and the gas.

Money saving :wait:

You can buy a two litre bottle of Cola for £1.

Plus if they quote the goverment and the recycling of plastic bottles well I think they would more likely advise cutting down on the drinking of carbonated drinks, in favour of plain water anyway.

Sodastream website are selling any "eight" bottles of concentrate for £20 plus P&P, as opposed to £15/£16.50 plus P&P for only FOUR with QVC. And you can choose your own flavours too.

You can have all sorts so why not, for example I don't get why QVC are selling 4 bottles of cola concentrate (ordinary, diet, zero) after all surely you'd choose a favourite and then not bother with the other three, real dear go then!

Surely with the price of concentrates and gas (about £20 per cylinder) it is MUCH cheaper to just BUY fizzy drinks, especially supermarket own brands.

Surely with the price of concentrates and gas (about £20 per cylinder) it is MUCH cheaper to just BUY fizzy drinks, especially supermarket own brands.

Gas is only £20 a cylinder for the first one, the rest you can do like calor gas bottles and get a 'refill' i.e. you give them the empty canister back and they give you a full one, which costs about £9. You dont HAVE to buy the concentrates either, you can use cordials etc for things like orangeade and fruit flavoured ones. And no, I dont work for Sodastream....!

i think it is a ridiculous proposition. A very expensive toy and a bizarre choice in a recession.

i think it is a ridiculous proposition. A very expensive toy and a bizarre choice in a recession.

Also in this day and age when people are being encouraged to drink plently water and less carbonated drinks.

They also have them in Costco, if you happen to live near one, for £24.99 + VAT, for the machine, 2 bottles, a gas canister and the 12 samples pack.

PS Barb - have just had to find out what a Hug Mug is......:happy:

Hug Mugs are amazeballs! I bought half a dozen of them, as I broke my last one last week - they're my favourite drinking vessels. I know that's sad, but they are! :nod:

well I have not long got in from work and switched Q on to see Peter Andre and then that sodastream thingy and it was like entering another dimension of bizareness. £7 95 p and p and I bet it would be a nine day wonder like so many gadgets are before they are banished to the hinterland of a kitchen cupboard. I don't know how q keep going quite frankly, just seen that TJ Hughes, Thorntons, Habitat, Jane Norman and Carpetright all heading to the wall.

Latest posts

Back