Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Still there at 12.50, Talisker. Well done.

By the way, of course Yong Kim is a real person ... just very shy, you know! You are so cynical! Are you suggesting QVC are not always 100% straight with us?

I suggest that they are not always 10% straight with us....especially cheesy dairylea making comments that if you are late picking your kids up from school you will get a visit from social services. How low with this channel stoop to try and get a sale

Last edited:
I suggest that they are not always 10% straight with us....especially cheesy dairylea making comments that if you are late picking your kids up from school you will get a visit from social services. How low with this channel stoop to try and get a sale

So at least 90% bent.

That groupie appears to be none other than CJ, he of Desert Island Skin and another blogger who gets all of the Q TSVs and 'reviews' them

Shopping with QVC would be cheap for all of us if we were all bloggers and got sent stuff for free!!!!! :mysmilie_10:

Shopping with QVC would be cheap for all of us if we were all bloggers and got sent stuff for free!!!!! :mysmilie_10:

Yessssss! Let's all sign up! I can do a really believable and unbiased review of any product if I put my mind to it - look:

"I have been using this face cream for a day and a half now, since the wonderful xxxxx sent it to me for nothing with a huge bouquet of flowers (click here for her own website where you can also buy her classy literature). It has changed my life. I will never use anything else till next time I get a free pot of something. Literally all of the lines around my eyes and mouth have vanished and my skin is as soft as a baby's bottom, or a fabulous presenter's bottom, as I know because I am always kissing it. In fact only this morning, my daughter didn't recognise me when she came down for the breakfast I'd made in the Le Creuset pan I was sent last week. She thought I must be a new 18 year-old au pair (I decided) and I'm 56! I can recommend it to anyone with skin."

Do you think she/he realises that all their precious chosen words just sound cheesy and false!!!??? Surely people can see through this? Of course they do :mysmilie_12:

Unfortunately the QVC bloggers and the QVC presenters seem to have fallen into a mutual admiration cycle where they stoke and polish each others egos. This is the risk of abandoning independent thought and getting into the "group think" mentality which is increasingly blighting QVC, and the various social media outlets. Thank goodness that it is possible to discuss the positives and the negatives here.

Obviously this forum has always erred on the anti bullshit side but over the past few years there has hardly been a positive post other than the odd beauty TSV , certainly none on any other product/presentation/general Qness.

Unfortunately the QVC bloggers and the QVC presenters seem to have fallen into a mutual admiration cycle where they stoke and polish each others egos. This is the risk of abandoning independent thought and getting into the "group think" mentality which is increasingly blighting QVC, and the various social media outlets. Thank goodness that it is possible to discuss the positives and the negatives here.

These Bloggers are certainly in their own egotistic bubble! Their skins must be in a poor condition with all this make up they constantly wear! Yukkk :mysmilie_460:

These Bloggers are certainly in their own egotistic bubble! Their skins must be in a poor condition with all this make up they constantly wear! Yukkk :mysmilie_460:

I agree, and when bloggers and presenters bubble bursts, and it will, you'll hear a chorus of "how much?!" all over the nation. :mysmilie_17:

Obviously this forum has always erred on the anti bullshit side but over the past few years there has hardly been a positive post other than the odd beauty TSV , certainly none on any other product/presentation/general Qness.

True - but why is that?

I don't think we have become more and more disenchanted unaided by QVC's antics.

QVC seem to focus on their social media groupies to the detriment of their communication with customers not in that arena... this is particularly true of some of the presenters who do not need naming for the umpteenth time.
QVC continue to charge per item p&p which is shockingly inflated... by the time you factor that in, the truth in many cases is that they are more expensive than other outlets. They just seem to use the postage to manipulate the "headline price" so they can tell you they're cheaper... very disingenuous.
Not only is the postage expensive, but the delivery times that go with it are completely off market pace. So many of their competitors (yes, those not on selly telly are your competitors, QVC) charge less p&p, or even no p&p, cheaper prices, and faster delivery.
QVC's product range seems to have stagnated, rather than evolved. Where once you could tune into QVC and discover innovative (to me, anyway) products you didn't know you needed.
QVC's selling style has evolved in the direction of horribly hard sell. Where once you could sit and enjoy a QVC hour, nowadays it's more likely to be an endurance feat... and often with the mute button engaged.
QVC's guest roster has shrunk, and we now have far too many renta-gobs in place of knowledgeable, likeable guests.
QVC's price-points for TSVs has been climbing steadily, and I know there is inflation to take into account, but it does mean that customers (many of us, at least) have to stop and think much harder before taking the plunge.
QVC's presenters, in general, have become ruder and ruder, increasingly focused on ipads and their social media buddies, rather than guests... they no longer provide the relevant information at the start of the presentation which helps you make a decision. There are honourable exceptions, of course.
QVC's camerawork has declined. Far too often presenter and guest will be talking about something they are looking at, but the camera stubbornly refuses to show.
QVC's on-screen graphics have continued to frustrate since they "improved" them. Previously all the information about options was on screen at the same time as the price. Now you have to wait forever for the information to be shown... and don't rely on the presenter talking about something so central to your purchase decision... they will be reading out nausea-inducing tweets from people complimenting them on their looks (cue preening in the monitor) or showing their humungous collections of whatever brand is being flogged.
QVC's website should be in a museum. It is barely, just barely, fit for purpose.

I am genuinely saddened that I have such a long list of unsatisfactory points - and I've just scraped the surface... I could mention slow refunds; The Letter and the arcane and secretive rules that govern it being sent;... inaccurate product information being provided live on TV and also on the website; "made for QVC" items to make it impossible to comparison shop; QVC's poor grasp of the meaning of the word "exclusive"; the turning of a deaf ear to all but the groupies who praise them to the heavens... but I've said enough.

I am still a customer, and I do like some of what they sell, and find some are excellent value, even after factoring in the postage... not only beauty products... and I can't seem to find enough willpower when it comes to Yankee Candles (though not the TSV). I don't want to turn the clock back, exactly, but I do want to see them turning away from some of the obnoxious practices.

Stopping now.

True - but why is that?

I don't think we have become more and more disenchanted unaided by QVC's antics.

QVC seem to focus on their social media groupies to the detriment of their communication with customers not in that arena... this is particularly true of some of the presenters who do not need naming for the umpteenth time.
QVC continue to charge per item p&p which is shockingly inflated... by the time you factor that in, the truth in many cases is that they are more expensive than other outlets. They just seem to use the postage to manipulate the "headline price" so they can tell you they're cheaper... very disingenuous.
Not only is the postage expensive, but the delivery times that go with it are completely off market pace. So many of their competitors (yes, those not on selly telly are your competitors, QVC) charge less p&p, or even no p&p, cheaper prices, and faster delivery.
QVC's product range seems to have stagnated, rather than evolved. Where once you could tune into QVC and discover innovative (to me, anyway) products you didn't know you needed.
QVC's selling style has evolved in the direction of horribly hard sell. Where once you could sit and enjoy a QVC hour, nowadays it's more likely to be an endurance feat... and often with the mute button engaged.
QVC's guest roster has shrunk, and we now have far too many renta-gobs in place of knowledgeable, likeable guests.
QVC's price-points for TSVs has been climbing steadily, and I know there is inflation to take into account, but it does mean that customers (many of us, at least) have to stop and think much harder before taking the plunge.
QVC's presenters, in general, have become ruder and ruder, increasingly focused on ipads and their social media buddies, rather than guests... they no longer provide the relevant information at the start of the presentation which helps you make a decision. There are honourable exceptions, of course.
QVC's camerawork has declined. Far too often presenter and guest will be talking about something they are looking at, but the camera stubbornly refuses to show.
QVC's on-screen graphics have continued to frustrate since they "improved" them. Previously all the information about options was on screen at the same time as the price. Now you have to wait forever for the information to be shown... and don't rely on the presenter talking about something so central to your purchase decision... they will be reading out nausea-inducing tweets from people complimenting them on their looks (cue preening in the monitor) or showing their humungous collections of whatever brand is being flogged.
QVC's website should be in a museum. It is barely, just barely, fit for purpose.

I am genuinely saddened that I have such a long list of unsatisfactory points - and I've just scraped the surface... I could mention slow refunds; The Letter and the arcane and secretive rules that govern it being sent;... inaccurate product information being provided live on TV and also on the website; "made for QVC" items to make it impossible to comparison shop; QVC's poor grasp of the meaning of the word "exclusive"; the turning of a deaf ear to all but the groupies who praise them to the heavens... but I've said enough.

I am still a customer, and I do like some of what they sell, and find some are excellent value, even after factoring in the postage... not only beauty products... and I can't seem to find enough willpower when it comes to Yankee Candles (though not the TSV). I don't want to turn the clock back, exactly, but I do want to see them turning away from some of the obnoxious practices.

Stopping now.
Don't stop now, it's very good and I want more.
Can I thank Glittergirl for starting an excellent thread, this could run for months with all the crap and aris licking going on on the Q arsebook page..

Couple more updates on Q's FB page - someone asking about the Beauty Bash and another disgruntled chap complaining about the delivery of his Green Seasons TSV...no comment

Latest posts

Back