Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Certain trouser styles do fit certain body shapes better so the FB poster was correct in one sense, QVC will already sell them, they just need the presenters / stylists to give that information when discussing items. That's the difference between a proper stylist who understands the fit of a garment and one that thinks it's all about what the latest colours are. Body shape is just as important as size really. I know one shop that used to have "trouser days" once or twice a year where they would get in many different styles of trousers and offer fit advice.

I know clothes wise loads and I mean loads of complaints about especially Kathy not giving out sizes on live shows. She is supposed to have said in one show she did not have time and just check the website. This has been happening for weeks now and people saying they will not buy if they are not given sizes. I am not sure if its the measurements they mean? If so, I can understand them being p*ssed off.

I know clothes wise loads and I mean loads of complaints about especially Kathy not giving out sizes on live shows. She is supposed to have said in one show she did not have time and just check the website. This has been happening for weeks now and people saying they will not buy if they are not given sizes. I am not sure if its the measurements they mean? If so, I can understand them being p*ssed off.

All of a piece with her transformation into a rude and arrogant presenter. Just another presenter with more shortcomings than positive points on QVC these days.

Yeah, right. We all know they are still buying!

i go to the website and can take my time if i am interested in a garment. but cathy is being lazy thats her job to tell people about sizes, fabric composition etc

i go to the website and can take my time if i am interested in a garment. but cathy is being lazy thats her job to tell people about sizes, fabric composition etc

She does realize she is effectively the replacement for the fitting room, I suppose?

Certain trouser styles do fit certain body shapes better so the FB poster was correct in one sense, QVC will already sell them, they just need the presenters / stylists to give that information when discussing items. That's the difference between a proper stylist who understands the fit of a garment and one that thinks it's all about what the latest colours are. Body shape is just as important as size really. I know one shop that used to have "trouser days" once or twice a year where they would get in many different styles of trousers and offer fit advice.

It was the fact that she wanted a brand that sold trousers by body type that seemed odd as I've never heard of a company that does this or even seen them described that way. It's usually bootcut, straight leg, tapered, wide leg, skinny etc.

I understand that. If QVC provided more relevant information it would help people like that FB poster. No one sells apple shape trousers as such but many make trousers that are ideal for apple shapes and the presenters/ stylists should be knowledgeable enough on fit to be able to offer that advice for the differing body shapes we all have. At the present time I don't think many, if any do. It's more than just the style of the trouser leg.

The comment about the presenter/stylist acting like a fitting room is spot on. It's OK QVC saying try on at home but if you keep ordering the wrong styles and not offered proper advice on fit then it's wasting time and money.

I understand that. If QVC provided more relevant information it would help people like that FB poster. No one sells apple shape trousers as such but many make trousers that are ideal for apple shapes and the presenters/ stylists should be knowledgeable enough on fit to be able to offer that advice for the differing body shapes we all have. At the present time I don't think many, if any do. It's more than just the style of the trouser leg.

The comment about the presenter/stylist acting like a fitting room is spot on. It's OK QVC saying try on at home but if you keep ordering the wrong styles and not offered proper advice on fit then it's wasting time and money.

It's also risking The Letter!!!!

There seems to be an awful lot of complaints on there these days, with fewer people rushing to their defence. Particular issues with stalled deliveries at the moment from what I could see. And the lack of sizing information when selling clothing.

The presenters are often too busy wittering on about grandchildren and other irrelevant chat, as well as ordering on their iPads when presenting, to give out the sizes. And often, those who do try to give out the sizes find that the details aren't on their cards or they're incorrect. It's about time that QVC started to 'up their game.'

There seems to be an awful lot of complaints on there these days, with fewer people rushing to their defence. Particular issues with stalled deliveries at the moment from what I could see. And the lack of sizing information when selling clothing.

Absolutely. I wonder if those that inhabit Q towers are becoming aware of the discontent that exists & are trying to placate with 'offers too good to miss' a mid season sale - I don't remember a sale in March before & a number of items without p&p. Unless there is a real improvement these fb complaints will continue to rise as the number of sales fall.

A friend of mine from school days has been posting on there and she doesn't realise her posts are coming up on my timeline (the 'wonders' of no privacy from Facebook) because I have QVC on my likes. Oh my she has been well and truely suckered in, fawning over Elemis and how wonderful Keely is.

Someone posted today:

“In a world with starving millions please tell me I didn't just see the Worx rep destroy a perfectly good banana just to show the power of his hose.”

Wow!

Someone posted today:

“In a world with starving millions please tell me I didn't just see the Worx rep destroy a perfectly good banana just to show the power of his hose.”

Wow!

Someone please reply! If you are so concerned by a world with starving millions why are you even watching QVC???

Does this person get horrified by the fact that, according to other reports all food not eaten in a show goes in the bin?

Too much faux outrage around these days.
Whatever next?

Someone posted today:

Wow!

Snigger, snigger ... Richard Jackson been exposing himself again?

The post appears to have been removed. Whether by admin or the original poster I don’t know. Shame. I was looking forward to the comments!

I would need to know if a trouser/Jean is high waisted. I am sure years ago they used to measure the rise on trousers/jeans.

Someone please reply! If you are so concerned by a world with starving millions why are you even watching QVC???

Does this person get horrified by the fact that, according to other reports all food not eaten in a show goes in the bin?

Too much faux outrage around these days.
Whatever next?

I totally agree, if I was on FB that's exactly what I'd say. The waste QVC must go through foodwise must be astronomical, but yes if they're still shopping on QVC the word "hypocrisy" springs to mind.

Latest posts

Back