Soapy face ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tbh, I hardly ever do anything to my face, I shower each morning so that cleans it with plain water and I nearly always forget to moisturise, but about once a fortnight I'll remember:happy: I'm 53 so I really should at least moisturise but no wrinkles to speak of yet:sun:
I live in a country area with good, cleanish air and I rarely wear make up so I don't feel the need to properly cleanse my face that often.

I'm the same as you Rozzy but I do moisturise everyday, but I only use Nivea and my skin is fine.

Linco Beer Shampoo is LOVELY!! I often travel for work and frequently take this with me. Usually buy it in Savers (don't think you can get it in Boots etc now).

Last night, I washed my face with Pears Soap and slapped on a layer of Nivea Creme. Very soft smooth skin this morning! Take that AY!!

And Linco Beer!! Just recently discovered you can still get sachets of that. Used to feel like SUCH a treat getting that when I was growing up. :nod:

I loved the little beer barrels it came in when I was growing up, loved using it too, must try it again. I have recently started using Eucryl toothpowder as well which I had to e-mail to find stockists. This is something that so reminds me of mum as she was a stickler for making us brush our teeth properly and was thrilled to know it is still around. All I need now is a tube of Velouty to make my cheeks have a natural glow and I am 17 again! Mum always used Max Factor Creme Puff powder in Candle Glow along with American Tan tights.

I have recently started using Eucryl toothpowder as well which I had to e-mail to find stockists. This is something that so reminds me of mum as she was a stickler for making us brush our teeth properly and was thrilled to know it is still around. ts.

Do you have a Poundland near you? I was in there yesterday and they had tons of Eucryl toothpowder (for £1 obviously!! :)

I cant even guess at how much money i have spent over the years on facial products from QVC (maybe its best that i dont know) Have very oily spotty, (adult acne). maybe i should just give up and go back to soap and water and ponds cream. Oh I cant, just bought an elemis sensitive wash to try that !!!!!!!!!

Ooooh me too Catlady - and the worst disaster in my case was Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish which brought me out in red raw patches, NOT a good look. If I should ever want to recreate that look using a cheaper product, the Simple Blemish range will do it too bizarrely.

I now regularly use a mix of different blemish-solving from Boots ranges like Clean and Clear, Neutrogena and the like, and Avon's spot clearing range. I also use Olay total effects plus blemish care moisturiser, which is near the top end of my budget. I have not tried Elemis or Gatineau, and I'm not adverse to the occasional bit of Clarins, if I'm feeling flush.

Do you have a Poundland near you? I was in there yesterday and they had tons of Eucryl toothpowder (for £1 obviously!! :)

Yes there is a branch locally, great, thank you. I got mine from Morrisons for about £1.46 and apparently Superdrug sell it too.

And Linco Beer!! Just recently discovered you can still get sachets of that. Used to feel like SUCH a treat getting that when I was growing up. :nod:

and shaders and toners - shampoo and temporary colour in a sachet. shaders were for brown hair, toners were for blond. at one point i was going to school with a different shade of brown hair every week. my physics teacher mr tingle was highly amused

mr tingle: "and what colour is it today matthew?"
me (in squeaky voice): "rich mahogany sir"
mr tingle: "i preferred the warm chestnut"

Thanks for that hey There. Ive just ordered the night and day kit by Alpha H, after a couple of ladies recommened it. Ive promised myself if this wont work then thats it. Im finished spending ridiculous amounts of money on stuff that doesnt even work. By the way, I didnt even know that olay did a blemish control (thats probabaly because its not on QVC, and i believe all of the hype on there) Hopefully the Alpha H will do the job.

I loved the little beer barrels it came in when I was growing up, loved using it too, must try it again. I have recently started using Eucryl toothpowder as well which I had to e-mail to find stockists. This is something that so reminds me of mum as she was a stickler for making us brush our teeth properly and was thrilled to know it is still around. All I need now is a tube of Velouty to make my cheeks have a natural glow and I am 17 again! Mum always used Max Factor Creme Puff powder in Candle Glow along with American Tan tights.

Eeeh gods I used Candle Glow too, AND ALWAYS wore American Tan tights - still do, I get them from one source only, the bloke on St Albans market !!!!! AND I used to go a funny orange colour after using QT tanning liquid, and then I used Band Box spray hair colour for my first attempt at blonding my hair.

anyone else remember Drene shampoo? That came in those lovely fat sachets too! Italian-striped pencil skirts along with the American Tan stockings (not tights in my early days!) - the Evette range of make-up from Woolworths and the awful pale pink lipsticks that were all the go but really didn't suit me! Tangee lipsticks too..and to go even further back, when I was a child I remember Cadbury's Caramello bars, a real treat, plus Virol..a sort of building-up thing like cod liver oil and malt, only more palatable! And Lyons chocolate cupcakes, which I know you can still get and daughter loves them as much as I did/do, but they're not the same now as they were then!

Oh Lord, yes, Drene shampoo - when you cut the end off you lost half the stuff (a bit like snipping off the end of the lliquid flower food that comes with a bunch of flowers)

AND Woolworths did Embassy records - cover versions by unknowns of the top ten hits. The same era as poppa beads and big flowery CLIP ON and screw earrings ! only old ladies with 1" long earlobes had pierced ears back then ! One reason why I never had mine pierced.

Talking about sachets of shampoo has brought back a memory for me from years ago. I was very young and married to an adulterous and violent man. One day he went into the bathroom to wash his hair, reached for the Supersoft sachet but got a sachet of hair removal cream (veet I think) instead. He started to use it without looking and then realised by the smell that it was not right. Needless to say it was all my fault and he went mad. How I stopped myself from laughing I will never know, but I have had many a laugh since. Needless to say I eventually plucked up the courage to divorce him and I have been married to the most wonderful man for many years now. He on the other hand is an ugly, lonely old man now.

Ooooh me too Catlady - and the worst disaster in my case was Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish which brought me out in red raw patches, NOT a good look. If I should ever want to recreate that look using a cheaper product, the Simple Blemish range will do it too bizarrely.

I now regularly use a mix of different blemish-solving from Boots ranges like Clean and Clear, Neutrogena and the like, and Avon's spot clearing range. I also use Olay total effects plus blemish care moisturiser, which is near the top end of my budget. I have not tried Elemis or Gatineau, and I'm not adverse to the occasional bit of Clarins, if I'm feeling flush.

I've finally come out the other side of a soddin' awful batch of adult acne that lasted for about two years. I got to the point where I couldn't use anything on my face other than aqueous cream or double bass. Even E45 itched and made my skin feel like it was on fire. The best spot treatment for me was tea tree oil. I have to admit I still have lots of red scars but my skin is finally "better". Well it is until the next time.

yet in the same show she admitted to using washing up liquid as handwash.... errr HELLO??

actually that show contained so many lies and contradictions i lost count. i was ready to kill them both by the end of it.
"i dont do fruit smells but this apricot isnt fruit, its GORGEOUS! this is so mine hellooo!"

5 minutes later

"its a delicious fresh fruity apricot, not at all sickly... i have GOT to have this... HELLOO!"

SILLY MOO. HELLO!!

She has got to have everything!

Latest posts

Back