Soapy face ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

IMO AY's skin does not now look that great so despite all the expensive jallop she has used it has not helped her complexion

Suffering for her art eh, trying all those freebies for us! She prob. needs to rest her skin, or lay off the chocs and home made trifle and cakes she makes, not good skin food those.

Watching one of the Gatineau hours yesterday they were extoling the virtues of their new exfoliater in the tsv.They were saying how it is so much better than all their other exfoliaters,and yet they were the best thing since sliced bread previously.Amica's skin looked a bit red ,probably from using every range known to man or beast,dont know why I watched,I don't like Gatineau.

Nothing wrong with soap. Often use Dove myself. The only reason I don't use it ALL the time is that my skin does tend to get a bit dry if I do that. If I could use it all the time - I would. Finished up a stash of Liz Earle C&P, but will be reverting to my old faithful Olay or Simple facial wash after that.

I HATE the way QVC makes out you are a second class citizen for using something that isn't "salon" branded.

And she never fails to tell us that she introduced us to the wonders of the coloured gloop that is salon quality/sizes SBC. Yes, she is responsible alright for bringing that stuff to Q, wow! BTW, notice Eve LOM cleanser back, hatchets buried there then?

hatchets? do tell....? :call:

I confess I used M and S cheapest Liquid hand soap to wash my face this morning. Only because I couldn't be bothered going downstairs to find my newly purchased Origins Cleanser. As others have said before me, my face survives unscathed!

I think ponds cream is lovely too. I've used it on and off for years with dreaded baby wipes!

I do have some Elemis face cleanser but I have to say it seems to go off quickly as now it has a bit of a pungent pong :grin:

As for Jill Franks balking at the thought of soap, how would she survive in a crisis??
Her wrinkled, aged skin is hardly a good advert for expensive face creams.

Allergic to soap so I use Tesco face wipes :eek:

Once a week (ie when I can be ar$ed) I do a proper cleanse and moisturise. Been doing it for years and I reckon I have pretty good skin for my age even if I do say so myself. :rock:

Sometimes I even go to bed without removing my makeup so there :mysmilie_849:

My Grandmother was a Ponds devotee, she used their moisturisers all her life, though she used to wash her face with Fairy Household Soap :wait: (you know the one you use for cleaning with..?) and she had no wrinkles - mind that was probably down to the fact that the Fairy Soap dissolved them all off :wink: .

Someone on here said AY upset Miss Eve, big fall out, don't know what it was about. Don't think she slapped her though!

I think someone posted here that A.Y. tried to talk over E.L. who was having none of it and said quite firmly "If you will let me continue ...".

I didn't see the incident so correct me if I've got it wrong.

yet in the same show she admitted to using washing up liquid as handwash.... errr HELLO??

actually that show contained so many lies and contradictions i lost count. i was ready to kill them both by the end of it.
"i dont do fruit smells but this apricot isnt fruit, its GORGEOUS! this is so mine hellooo!"

5 minutes later

"its a delicious fresh fruity apricot, not at all sickly... i have GOT to have this... HELLOO!"

SILLY MOO. HELLO!!

I think its hilarious when they say that - like oh that almond oil i thought would be like marzipan but it smells nothing like it etc etc.. lol

also if i happen to be cutting something like chicken or something and i have to wash my hands, i use a mixture of fairy liquid and the hand wash (some cheap £1 thing from Asda) just to make sure any bacteria is killed. and guess what, my hands are absolutely fine.

i will now go to my room and sit in the dark for using products which are not salon brands

Is it a generational thing? I would no more think of using soap on my face than Mr Muscle!! Seriously! Just the thought of using soap on my face make me feel itchy. Come to think of it, I don't use soap on my hands either, we always use handwash in our house - much cleaner. (I'm in my late 30s, alas.)

I didn't see the show in question, but I can understand anyone shivering at the thought of using soap on their face.

Cheers, CountessK.

Is it a generational thing? I would no more think of using soap on my face than Mr Muscle!! Seriously! Just the thought of using soap on my face make me feel itchy. Come to think of it, I don't use soap on my hands either, we always use handwash in our house - much cleaner. (I'm in my late 30s, alas.)

I didn't see the show in question, but I can understand anyone shivering at the thought of using soap on their face.

Cheers, CountessK.

what about L'occitane facial soap at £8 though countess? or even the iconic Clinique cleansing bar which has been going for decades and still sells?

do they still have the "clinique computer" on the clinique counter? it wasnt a computer at all but some slidey knob contraption that was supposed to work out what skin type you were, with the aid of a "clinique consultant" which was some bint in a white surgical smock.

consultant: "eyes?"
customer : "blue."
consultant: "hmmm grey...(slides knob). skin tone?"
customer : "medium/olive."
consultant: "fair/freckles....(slides knob). hair colour? that's NATURAL hair colour?"
customer : "errr.. brown?"
consultant: "mouse....(slides knob). now about those open pores"
customer :yes I've been meaning to ask about those, do you have anything for them?"
consultant: "well i think i've got a darning needle and some pink wool somewhere...."

in the 80's women in the office used to come back after lunch swinging bagfuls of clinique and reeking of Giorgio Beverley Hills. it was MASSIVE.

do they still have the "clinique computer" on the clinique counter? it wasnt a computer at all but some slidey knob contraption that was supposed to work out what skin type you were, with the aid of a "clinique consultant" which was some bint in a white surgical smock.

consultant: "eyes?"
customer : "blue."
consultant: "hmmm grey...(slides knob). skin tone?"
customer : "medium/olive."
consultant: "fair/freckles....(slides knob). hair colour? that's NATURAL hair colour?"
customer : "errr.. brown?"
consultant: "mouse....(slides knob). now about those open pores"
customer :yes I've been meaning to ask about those, do you have anything for them?"
consultant: "well i think i've got a darning needle and some pink wool somewhere...."

in the 80's women in the office used to come back after lunch swinging bagfuls of clinique and reeking of Giorgio Beverley Hills. it was MASSIVE.

I used to swear by their greasy skin toner: it brought my chip pan up lovely.

what about L'occitane facial soap at £8 though countess? or even the iconic Clinique cleansing bar which has been going for decades and still sells?

Nope and nope, Burlz. I just couldn't.
Anyway, i don't like Clinique stuff, it's so harsh, and the moisturiser gave me whiteheads the one time I tried it. Very strange stuff.

Well my Mum used to spit on her hanky and give my mouth a wipe if we were out. Um I was only 5 at the time. Then it was Coal Tar soap (so clean smelling), followed by Nivea face cream for years.

I am now 63 and have fabulous skin.

Dont forget, we are the generation where toothpaste was pink and in a tin, and the only deodorant was Mum roll-on !!!!!!! Hair spray came in squeezy bottles not cans, and you had to spit on the block mascara to make it work.

You dont know your born you lot !!!!!!!

Been using Clinique on and off for yuuurrs now and my skin never literally actually looks so good or feels so clean as when I'm using it. Yep, I know a lot of people would rather shave their eyeballs rather than use Clinique but I often get compliments about my facial area and have managed to reach the age of 62 without my face imploding. Perhaps all those chemicals have seared all the wrinkles away (well not quite all) and are acting as a preservative.

I cant even guess at how much money i have spent over the years on facial products from QVC (maybe its best that i dont know) Have very oily spotty, (adult acne). maybe i should just give up and go back to soap and water and ponds cream. Oh I cant, just bought an elemis sensitive wash to try that !!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back