Soapy face ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well my Mum used to spit on her hanky and give my mouth a wipe if we were out. Um I was only 5 at the time. Then it was Coal Tar soap (so clean smelling), followed by Nivea face cream for years.

I am now 63 and have fabulous skin.

Dont forget, we are the generation where toothpaste was pink and in a tin, and the only deodorant was Mum roll-on !!!!!!! Hair spray came in squeezy bottles not cans, and you had to spit on the block mascara to make it work.

You dont know your born you lot !!!!!!!

Hee hee my era Brissles! No shampoo, just black Derbac soap for the nits and Thermogene wool in your liberty bodice to warm the chest in winter.

Tbh, I hardly ever do anything to my face, I shower each morning so that cleans it with plain water and I nearly always forget to moisturise, but about once a fortnight I'll remember:happy: I'm 53 so I really should at least moisturise but no wrinkles to speak of yet:sun:
I live in a country area with good, cleanish air and I rarely wear make up so I don't feel the need to properly cleanse my face that often.

I totally agree that a simple routine is best and it doesn't need to break the bank. For example- the other day I bathed in some bubble bath from 'Simple'- smelt like lavender and my skin was gorgeous and soft. The price? £1.08 (much better than £12.50!)

I've been using Ponds Cold Cream on my face for about 6 months since Kylie mentioned it was part of her 'couldn't live without' routine. I'm fairly happy with it but it doesn't seem to improve my skin (still got blemishes and an uneven skin tone and texture), but it leaves a soft film over my skin.

I'm regularly exfoliating too.

Am I using the cold cream correctly? is there a nack to it???

I've just bought a lovely new Nivea cream - "Pure and Natural Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream". Feels light and silky on the skin and is advertised as having "no parabens, no silicones, no colourants and no mineral oils". Also contains Argan Oil.

I've just bought a lovely new Nivea cream - "Pure and Natural Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream". Feels light and silky on the skin and is advertised as having "no parabens, no silicones, no colourants and no mineral oils". Also contains Argan Oil.

Maggiemay
I've seen this but there was no tester out, does it have a fragrance to it?
TIA :)

I must confess to feeling increasingly uncomfortable about spending so much money on Elemis products lately - PCMC, Pro-radiance cleanser et al.....it's so easy to convince myself that they are the best things I've ever used, and yet I've been happy using Liz Earle for years and not one person has commented on the "difference" to my skin! (Even when I told a group of friends what I'd been doing - they all just looked blankly at me!!!!)

The best pore cleanser I've found is those strips (M&S sell them) - wet your skin, stick the strip on, wait for 10 mins whilst it dries, pull it off (gingerly, makes your eyes water!!) - result is clean, unblocked pores - very satisfying !!!!

Soap & Glory body scrub, and their foot cream - both great, and much cheaper than anything on QVC.

Now I'm still going to watch the beauty shows and probably still buy lots of stuff, but they seem to be outpricing themselves - decleor used to be pretty affordable - now, if you want the best stuff, it's way too expensive for a lot of us to use regularly.

And, I'm also ashamed to say, after making a last minute impulse buy of the Mally TSV last week (when I do not need any more makeup, especially costing around £45 with postage....would I pop into Boots and spend that much in one go....I would be horrified if I did) ...after reading Moynah's post about her reaction to the new Mally lipgloss (hope you are feeling better Moynah)...I'm sending the whole lot straight back. I don't need it.

Phew...glad I've come to my senses!!! :angel:

another 63 year old here...must be a generation thing - we were brought up on soap & water and Ponds cold cream when we started wearing make up! At the mo I'm using Dove's Pro-Age soap, which is lovely, but I like to change occasionally, I've got a Tesco B Natural, a Soap & Glory face wash (tho I'm not sure whether this was responsible for an outbreak of spots or not) and now & then I have a go of daughter's Origins face wash, which is nice and smells fruity - basically I like to WASH in the morning, get my face wet, and even at night I tend to go for the cleansers that wipe off with a wet cloth - but I'm cured of buying all the expensive brands from Le Q that's for sure - and btw my skin is good, hardly any wrinkles!

I must confess to feeling increasingly uncomfortable about spending so much money on Elemis products lately - PCMC, Pro-radiance cleanser et al.....it's so easy to convince myself that they are the best things I've ever used, and yet I've been happy using Liz Earle for years and not one person has commented on the "difference" to my skin! (Even when I told a group of friends what I'd been doing - they all just looked blankly at me!!!!)

The best pore cleanser I've found is those strips (M&S sell them) - wet your skin, stick the strip on, wait for 10 mins whilst it dries, pull it off (gingerly, makes your eyes water!!) - result is clean, unblocked pores - very satisfying !!!!

Soap & Glory body scrub, and their foot cream - both great, and much cheaper than anything on QVC.

Now I'm still going to watch the beauty shows and probably still buy lots of stuff, but they seem to be outpricing themselves - decleor used to be pretty affordable - now, if you want the best stuff, it's way too expensive for a lot of us to use regularly.

And, I'm also ashamed to say, after making a last minute impulse buy of the Mally TSV last week (when I do not need any more makeup, especially costing around £45 with postage....would I pop into Boots and spend that much in one go....I would be horrified if I did) ...[B]after reading Moynah's post about her reaction to the new Mally lipgloss (hope you are feeling better Moynah[/B])...I'm sending the whole lot straight back. I don't need it.

What happened to Moynah's post?, can't find it.

I used Clinique through my twenties but now at 35 the very thought of it makes my increasingly dry and sensitive skin shrivel :sweat:. However I've been looking for a shall we say 'economical' cleanser as I can't justify £24 per month (for three of us) on the product my three year old calls Cleanse and Porridge :wink: so have just ordered Poxytane's Ultra Rich Face Soap from a well-known auction site. Have to say I only wash my hands with Poxytane's bar soap as anything else - including their liquid soaps - dries my hands to death, but I buy the huge Bonne Mere Marseille 600g ones and then hack them into four with the bread knife :giggle:

I used Clinique through my twenties but now at 35 the very thought of it makes my increasingly dry and sensitive skin shrivel :sweat:. However I've been looking for a shall we say 'economical' cleanser as I can't justify £24 per month (for three of us) on the product my three year old calls Cleanse and Porridge :wink: so have just ordered Poxytane's Ultra Rich Face Soap from a well-known auction site. Have to say I only wash my hands with Poxytane's bar soap as anything else - including their liquid soaps - dries my hands to death, but I buy the huge Bonne Mere Marseille 600g ones and then hack them into four with the bread knife :giggle:

Hi AD - Tesco's B Natural is a hot cloth cleanser, and Sanctuary do one too - both cheaper than the old Cleanse'n'Porridge!

Hi AD - Tesco's B Natural is a hot cloth cleanser, and Sanctuary do one too - both cheaper than the old Cleanse'n'Porridge!

Hi BM! Thanks for this, we've just got a Tesco in my part of the world so I may have pop in! I did consider contacting Liz Earle and suggesting the new moniker for her iconic hero product (copyrighted to said three year old of course) but am not sure Avon would be so interested in re-branding just yet...:giggle:

Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by Suey
..[B]after reading Moynah's post about her reaction to the new Mally lipgloss (hope you are feeling better Moynah[/B])...I'm sending the whole lot straight back. I don't need it.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Well it's not in the Drop so I expect someone from QVC whinged about it and had it removed....:wonder:

Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by Suey
..[B]after reading Moynah's post about her reaction to the new Mally lipgloss (hope you are feeling better Moynah[/B])...I'm sending the whole lot straight back. I don't need it.

Well it's not in the Drop so I expect someone from QVC whinged about it and had it removed....:wonder:

good grief.

Quote:

No it was nothing to do with QVC, Moynah herself actually asked for the thread to be removed.

Well my Mum used to spit on her hanky and give my mouth a wipe if we were out. Um I was only 5 at the time. Then it was Coal Tar soap (so clean smelling), followed by Nivea face cream for years.

I am now 63 and have fabulous skin.

Dont forget, we are the generation where toothpaste was pink and in a tin, and the only deodorant was Mum roll-on !!!!!!! Hair spray came in squeezy bottles not cans, and you had to spit on the block mascara to make it work.

You dont know your born you lot !!!!!!!

Remember it all well! I remember when Camay soap was launched.I used to spend ages massaging the lather into my skin! Then slapping on Ponds Cold Cream.My mum used Yardley Foundation cream which was a bit like putting a layer of wax on your face.Oh how things have come on in 50 years!!!!

Hardly any Tia. I can just discern a very, very light fruity smell - very pleasant and natural. Hope this helps, as I know smell is a very personal thing.

Hi maggiemay
Yes thanks it does, I'm quite interested in this one, I'll check it out I've seen it in boots and I tihnk superdrug have it too.

Argh! Now every time I see this thread title I want to start singing Lady Gaga.

'Curried Ma, curried Ma, curried Ma Ma Soapy Face...' etcetcetc

:wait:

Latest posts

Back