So Called Customer Service

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilian

Registered Shopper
I am pig sick of the attitude of some of QVC staff when you ring in with a query. I have just spent a most unpleasant 10 minutes with one of the most snottiest, sarcastic & unhelpful member of their telephone staff. Do they not take into account that its people like us that help their wages to be paid ? And why is it that a manager is NEVER available to speak to & you must wait for a call back within the hour. Thats a joke if the past is anything to go on:headbang:

Do they never consider it may not be convenient to us when a manager can be bothered to get off their backside to call us back ? Do they really think we have nothing better to do than to sit around waiting for them to honour us with a call ? :mysmilie_503:

Its totally one sided & certainly none of it is for our benefit.

Customer Service ? What Customer Service ? Its non existent :devil:

Rant over :mysmilie_504:

Sorry to hear this Lillian....my dear late mum used to say ...I want to speak to the head ...not the a**e!!! Shocking service ..or lack of it....

What really gets my back up is when the presenters say 'award winning' customer services. I would like to know how long ago it was when they won. I vaguely remember when they won but it must have been years ago so i hope that they have won since if not they really shouldn't mention it!!

Have I just been lucky then? I've not had to ring that often, but whenever I have the person on the other end has always been courteous and helpful and sorted out my query.

I am pig sick of the attitude of some of QVC staff when you ring in with a query. I have just spent a most unpleasant 10 minutes with one of the most snottiest, sarcastic & unhelpful member of their telephone staff. Do they not take into account that its people like us that help their wages to be paid ? And why is it that a manager is NEVER available to speak to & you must wait for a call back within the hour. Thats a joke if the past is anything to go on:headbang:

Do they never consider it may not be convenient to us when a manager can be bothered to get off their backside to call us back ? Do they really think we have nothing better to do than to sit around waiting for them to honour us with a call ? :mysmilie_503:

Its totally one sided & certainly none of it is for our benefit.

Customer Service ? What Customer Service ? Its non existent :devil:

Rant over :mysmilie_504:

always make a note of their name at the beginning of a call. Then when they p*** you off you can just hang up, record the time the call ended (after all all calls are recorded for training purposes !!) and call back at your convenience and ask to be put through to a manager straight away. Much easier then asking an already un-co-operative operator to put you through to the manager (bet the manager would have been available but the operator was just being ....well.... full of BS

Does it actually mean the service they provide for their paying customers or just the planning that goes into making the call centre and distribution more efficient ?

Have I just been lucky then? I've not had to ring that often, but whenever I have the person on the other end has always been courteous and helpful and sorted out my query.
I agree with you BusyMum, I have been shopping with QVC since day one and have never had any problem, the service I have had has been excellent both on the phone and by mail.

I have always had courteous service, although they were often very restricted by what they could do.

For example, when I wanted to cancel an order, it was usually too late because "the order had been sent to the warehouse" even though it was not despatched until days later.

Or, if I had a minor fault with a small part of an item, or a missing part, they couldn't send just the replacement part, the whole lot had to be shipped back and then replaced, sometimes just for a missing software disk, for example, from an expensive electronic item.

I have always had courteous service, although they were often very restricted by what they could do.

For example, when I wanted to cancel an order, it was usually too late because "the order had been sent to the warehouse" even though it was not despatched until days later.

Or, if I had a minor fault with a small part of an item, or a missing part, they couldn't send just the replacement part, the whole lot had to be shipped back and then replaced, sometimes just for a missing software disk, for example, from an expensive electronic item.

Me too, have always had pleasant and courteous service from CS. But I do think it works both ways. Even when I'm a bit irritated about something, I remind myself that it's not the fault of the person I'm speaking to and try to remain calm and polite.....in the hope they will do their best to help me. :grin:

But as Lilian has unfortunately experienced, I suppose there's always one who's having an 'off day'!

Another who has always been treated well, though i've had very few queries at all (and I've never sent anything back!). Only a month or so ago I ordered a Sarah Chapman Try-Me kit, but I received the set of serums instead, when I told them I got a returns label and the Try-Me kit for nowt! Of course i kept the serums as I really liked the set....but they've been good to me. This isn't a ner-ner-ner-ner-ner message either - just sayin' they do sometimes get it right!

I've always found them very polite although never had any real issues for them to resolve. One of my pet hates (I have a collection) is customer service people who sound like they're reading from a script":

"GoodmorningCrapCoLtdyou'respeakingtoKellyhowcanIhelpyou?"

I too have to say that in well over ten years I have always been very happy with the service. To be fair I haven't really had any issues but I can't fault them so far.

Not had may issues myself,so find them OK.
Find their knowledge very limited - they only read whats on the website,which is what I can do at home myself.
My only criticism is how long letters (pre paid labels,lost items) take to get to you.

1st experience with Liverpool Customer Service

Hi everyone and my very first post!
I have just come off the phone after being patronised in a very loud voice by one of the so called Customer Service people at Liverpool......Shocking!! I told this woman that I would be making an official complaint (although I know nothing will be done!) and that such an approach to "service" will more than likely have an effect on the amount I order from QVC. Grrrrrr......!!! VERY unimpressed.

I always email them and must admit that they have always been helpful and have answered promptly.

Must admit I always use email wherever possible because I have had such crap service calling companies in the past.

I have always found them unhelpful and of no help at all especially if you have a problem which is why I usually ring them it sounds like they read from a script like the overseas call centres and are unable to do anything by themselves

Latest posts

Back