So Called Customer Service

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi everyone and my very first post!
I have just come off the phone after being patronised in a very loud voice by one of the so called Customer Service people at Liverpool......Shocking!! I told this woman that I would be making an official complaint (although I know nothing will be done!) and that such an approach to "service" will more than likely have an effect on the amount I order from QVC. Grrrrrr......!!! VERY unimpressed.

Welcome to the Forum Imogen. Have fun!

I've always found CS to be polite and helpful on the few times that I've needed to ring them. On one occasion I rang to find out a product number because I wanted to re-order it and couldn't find it in my account details. Within minutes she gave me the number and then offered to send me a full print out of all my orders (from my very first one.) That was very helpful because when I saw how much I'd spent :mysmilie_847: I pulled the plug on my TV shopping frenzy and am now far more discerning. Most of my orders now are only re-orders of a product that's suited me and that I've run out of.

They were also very helpful when I ordered a pack of two Breezy bras that had been advertised as two for the price of one. Some of you may remember that fiasco, because when they were delivered they only sent one bra and said that the details on screen were an error. I rang CS and told them (politely) that if the bra had been advertised as a pack of two then that is what they should have sent. i.e. honoured their error as it had been theirs and not that of the customer. I was told that she'd been told that customers would only receive one as they didn't have enough stock to supply the demand and so many had sent their single one back.

I said I'd like two as that is what I ordered. Within a week the second bra arrived with the amount owing as £0.00, as was the P&P. I'm sure it was down to the sterling efforts of the CS team ......... or maybe it was because I kept ringing them and they wanted to get rid of me. :wink:

I have had few problems with CS at qvc - they are usually really helpful and polite. I while back I did have a problem with a one item and rang and was told that it was not their problem and quite offhand and not interested. I rang back the next day and spoke to a different advisor who sorted the problem instantly.

I'm sorry so many of you have had problems. The last time I had to phone was quite recently when a stand-in Hermes courier lobbed five one litre tubs of ABC skinwash which were taped together over our 6' odd high side gate. When I picked up the card and read where my parcel was "over side gate" I thought oh-oh, and indeed one of them was smashed at the bottom and skinwash all over the place. I rang CS immediately and explained what had happened and the lady I spoke to was courteous, pleasant, and had me sorted in ten seconds flat - even turning down my offer of sending in a photo as proof of what had happened - I had a replacement tub out in a couple of days - and even better, I managed to salvage a good half of the broken tub too!

i'm sorry so many of you have had problems. The last time i had to phone was quite recently when a stand-in hermes courier lobbed five one litre tubs of abc skinwash which were taped together over our 6' odd high side gate. When i picked up the card and read where my parcel was "over side gate" i thought oh-oh, and indeed one of them was smashed at the bottom and skinwash all over the place. I rang cs immediately and explained what had happened and the lady i spoke to was courteous, pleasant, and had me sorted in ten seconds flat - even turning down my offer of sending in a photo as proof of what had happened - i had a replacement tub out in a couple of days - and even better, i managed to salvage a good half of the broken tub too!

Sssshhhhh

i've had all sorts - from the very helpful to the very rude. like everywhere it depends who you get, which is why their attitude is so important. if you get one bad experience whether it's british gas or qvc, you tend to think the whole company is rotten.

welcome to the forum imogen :hi:

toril - breezy bras?? well ventilated are they? :thinking:

I have always been happy with the response by CS but the other week I had a query about a pair of earrings (I`d actually ordered two pairs) as on the online pic they looked unmatched looking as though they were for the same ear (side) I was told that the pic wasn`t the pair I would be getting!!!!! I just said I know that I`m not stupid!!! She said she wasn`t saying that ......well it sounded like that to me!! BTW the earrings were fine and my daughter loved them!

We've had mixed treatment by customer services over 17 years: 2 different printers and a tv that developed a fault outside 12 months were collected and refunded in full. The most quibbling seems to happen with the smallest stupidest purchases failing to live upto expectations just outside the 30 day MBG. Why argue over the most footling issue only to conceded and refund in the end? Waste of their effort, my patience and undermines the excellent service for the bigger items.

It's pot luck who answers your call so say good bye politely and call again on another day.

Jude xx

If I feel as though I'm about to kick off at a customer service advisor for ANY company I always pre warn by saying "I want you to know that I'm really annoyed about his, so if I get angry it's not directed at ou it's at your company" after which I find they do their best to help. Usually. A recent exception was an idiot at E-ON who refused to accept that putting up my direct debit when I was £150 in credit was a silly idea.

Latest posts

Back