Smell of skincare products.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love L'Occitane hand creams, and last year bought a set of mini sizes. The original and cherry blossom are fine but the honey one makes me I've got honey on my hands and I feel I need to wash it off.

I absolutely loathed the smell of the new L'Occitane Fleur Cherie handcream, it smelt like disinfectant to me, and although it was the perfect consistency moisturisation wise for my hands, the smell was so off putting I couldn't use it.

LE Skin Repair, I can take or leave. I found I didn't mind it in Winter, but in Summer for some reason it always smelt like Castor Oil on my skin. I wish everything she made smelled like the Skin Tonic!

The worst smelling products I have ever ever come across bar none are Living Nature, they used to come on QVC occasionally but no longer are there. Everything had a smell of the farmyard about it, like you'd just trod in something and walked it through the house. Vile. :doh:

Yes, I'm the same. Can't stand the smell of Philosophy HIAJ nor some of the LE treatments as they smell of camphor. I'm not really keen on the smell of Ojon but like how it conditions my hair so tolerate this.

I've bought some products today from Boots by GoodWorks. Have seen them before but never paid much attention to them however they were on clearance - real bargains - so I bought them. The fragrance of them does remind me of LE products a lot. The body scrub I got smells of the old C&P formula which I adored and I also got an oil which smells similar to Superskin Concentrate.

I absolutely loathed the smell of the new L'Occitane Fleur Cherie handcream, it smelt like disinfectant to me, and although it was the perfect consistency moisturisation wise for my hands, the smell was so off putting I couldn't use it.

LE Skin Repair, I can take or leave. I found I didn't mind it in Winter, but in Summer for some reason it always smelt like Castor Oil on my skin. I wish everything she made smelled like the Skin Tonic!

The worst smelling products I have ever ever come across bar none are Living Nature, they used to come on QVC occasionally but no longer are there. Everything had a smell of the farmyard about it, like you'd just trod in something and walked it through the house. Vile. :doh:

Ahhh it smells like feet lol

The smell is part of the reaseon i stick with C&P - ie I can't smell it after I have washed it off (if you know what I mean!). If you don't like the smell it stays with you all day.
Skin repair I am OK with the normal but not the dry one - had to wash it off.
L'occitance gels are all OK except the rose. Molton Brown eucalyptus is my favourite even if I am headachey.

I get a lot of headaches/migraines and know that smells will set them off or make them worse, especially now its hayfever time. Glad I am not the only one who has this problem.

Oh I hated the Fleur Cherie too! Bit of a shocker really as normally I love all florals. Although I'm not that keen on any of the L'Occitane Rose fragrances which is very odd as rose has to be my favourite perfume ... Jo Malone Red Roses, Paul Smith Rose and the classic Lipstick Rose and Une Rose by Frederic Malle

I absolutely loathe the smell of Palmer's cocoa butter. Can't stand the L'Occitane Honey & Lemon either - think it smells of wee!

The smell is part of the reaseon i stick with C&P - ie I can't smell it after I have washed it off (if you know what I mean!). If you don't like the smell it stays with you all day.
Skin repair I am OK with the normal but not the dry one - had to wash it off.
L'occitance gels are all OK except the rose. Molton Brown eucalyptus is my favourite even if I am headachey.

I get a lot of headaches/migraines and know that smells will set them off or make them worse, especially now its hayfever time. Glad I am not the only one who has this problem.

Molton Brown eucalyptus is one of my very favorites and I also suffer with bad headaches which are really aggravated by perfumes. I had some MOP lemongrass shampoo and I just could not stand the smell which you could not get away from all day once it was on your hair so the bottle stayed totally unused. QVC don't seem to do that range now.

I've found Liz Earle face cream goes off really quickly so has to be used before it smells terrible and unusable. I noticed the same happens to that all day sun cream Ultrasun so I only get a bottle one at a time when I need it and not from QVC.

Are you put off products just because you don't like the smell of them? no matter how good a product is I can't use it if I can't stand the smell.Most on here seem to like hydra floral but I find it nauseating so can't use it, also Liz Earle skin repair and hope in a jar by Philosophy.I used to like EL resilience lift until they changed it now I can't use it.Is it just me who is so sensitive to fragrances or do others feel the same? whenever a new skincare range is launched on qvc my first thought is what does it smell like.

Whilst I like the smell of LE Skin Repair in the jar, just to sniff, I absolutely can't stand it being anywhere near my face, it is so cloying and gives me a headache (and tbh it's never really worked wonders for my skin either, so I'm best off without it!). I have a very strong sense of smell and so find myself overpowered by certain things with any hint of fragrance if I have to "wear" it for any lnegth of time :doh:

Smell us very personal and we all smell things differently . Friends used to laugh when I used to wash my hands in toilets and brought out my own soap as I think the ones I. The dispensers make my hands smell like vomit afterwards- they couldn't smell it! Alsosmells change when in the skin. It's a subjective use what makes you feel good and your more likely to use it often.

Oh yes L'Occitane,Fleur Cherie,Peach Blossom, Cherry Blossom, the hand creams really do annoy me. Seriously I have to go wash my hands again to get rid of the smell. Now I am a perfume lover and have coughs over a 100 bottles. But I just cannot stand L'Occitane and their versions of these, they have a weird synthethic vibe going on for me. I know so many love them but each time a TSV appears and has any of these I just pass. The shea butter fragrances do not annoy me and I even have a L'Occitane pure perfume(yes they made them long ago).

I will also add Philosophy and their Graces etc. I know again so many love these but for me they smell so synthetic and almost like laundry cleaners. I call them perfume for people who don't really like perfume. Oh I have nothing against synthetic ingredients in perfumes, especially animal as it saves the animal(they are banned now anyway, musk for many many years). But just something about the Philosophy rubs me the wrong way.

Latest posts

Back