Smashbox tsv on sunday the 28th of september

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I went for the tsv last night because i was worried the fair would sell out but it was the last one to go today.

I enjoy buying skincare more I just like to get make-up, have it do it's job and then i don't need to think about it but I know I love the halo and it'll last me for ages so I won't need to think about buying any foundation again for yonks and I adore smashbox eyeshadows too especially the singles from our lovely OBE (butter and champagne) which i also use as cheek highlighters.

I find with my urban decay primer potion and a quick wash of smashbox shadow I don't even think about if it's worn off and even if I'm hot at work it never wears at all.

The lipgloss looks nice and I'm interested in the highlighter as I'm coming to the end of my benefit high brow so hoping it'll be good for the under brow area but it does look very subtle I could hardly see it on screen.

Not sure about the primer - - I know i won't use that - I know there are lots of primer fans on here but I'm just too lazy and love the finish halo gives me over my skincare anyway.

Nor the liner and brush - again too lazy but still looking forward to getting the kit.

did I hear my name :D

I posted picures of the powders earlier but everyone seemed to not notice :( so here they are again View attachment 529 and for a limited time only a pic of my mug wearing fair - i showed both when i first got it and my lovely ST.commers pals helped me choose fair. I could possibly get away with both but prefer to err on the slightly paler rather than warmer side I feel it blends in with my very very scarily pale neck better. Lovely OBE says i 've got nice skin (the cheque is in the post !) - i haven't its quite blotchy and i have broken whatsits and I use the halo as my foundation just a light dusting gives fab coverage and it does make my skin look quite nice even if I do say so myself. Hope the pics help.

Accept OBE and everyone else's compliments, Lady Tia - your skin DOES look amazing! It glows and looks very even. If I didn't know, I'd never have guessed you had skin issues. I hope Halo does that for me and my rosacea prone skin! I ordered the Fair in the middle of last week as the Light was too dark. Can't wait for it to arrive ... want to play with it.

Accept OBE and everyone else's compliments, Lady Tia - your skin DOES look amazing! It glows and looks very even. If I didn't know, I'd never have guessed you had skin issues. I hope Halo does that for me and my rosacea prone skin! I ordered the Fair in the middle of last week as the Light was too dark. Can't wait for it to arrive ... want to play with it.

Aww thanks cupcake - you are very kind. Well the halo definitely improves the look of my skin dramatically and with such a small amount. I do hope you like the fair

I find that it is pigment rich enough to be my foundation - I don't use anything underneath.

I have a really bad spider vein on one of my cheeks and I dab quite a bit of halo onto a small shadow type brush and press it on and it covers it really well and lasts really well too.

I also really like purely mineral but i have to say on the whole i find the halo is more flattering probably because it has the hydration benefits and it is the easiest to use mineral foundation I've ever used.

I just love it and if it makes my skin look so nice people complement it then it is definitely doing it's job. Yay.

Aww thanks cupcake - you are very kind. Well the halo definitely improves the look of my skin dramatically and with such a small amount. I do hope you like the fair

I find that it is pigment rich enough to be my foundation - I don't use anything underneath.

I have a really bad spider vein on one of my cheeks and I dab quite a bit of halo onto a small shadow type brush and press it on and it covers it really well and lasts really well too.

I also really like purely mineral but i have to say on the whole i find the halo is more flattering probably because it has the hydration benefits and it is the easiest to use mineral foundation I've ever used.

I just love it and if it makes my skin look so nice people complement it then it is definitely doing it's job. Yay.

Thanks for the tip! I will try the small brush to mask imperfections when my Halo turns up. Can't wait, can't wait! Want it NOW!!! What's the best brush to apply it with - a big fat one, or a kabuki? And should we buff or just swirl it lightly over our skins?

Thanks for the tip! I will try the small brush to mask imperfections when my Halo turns up. Can't wait, can't wait! Want it NOW!!! What's the best brush to apply it with - a big fat one, or a kabuki? And should we buff or just swirl it lightly over our skins?

I use this to appply mine http://www.arianepoole.com/shop/pro...id=20&osCsid=a820af7341c08b36b7806e39ba3fe6f3

I don't know why I just tried it once and liked it. The brush mine came with is lovely too number 19 or 29 but the bristles are quite long and I prefer a more densely (?sp) packed brush. i also have a purely mineral kabuki and use that too.

I'll def be trying the mini kabuki that'll comes with the TSV i bought.

For the 'ahem' imperfections I use a smashbox eye shadow blender brush and it works a treat.

I don't buff I think I'd end up bright red even doing so gently :eek:.

I just sweep :) a small amount and build if I need to ooo I use the smaller brush around my red nostrils (very attractive) too for just a bit more concentrated coverage.

ooo hope it works for you.

I use mine similarly if I am in a hurry and havent got time to do a bit of concealer before the halo. Just take a bit of halo on the concealer brush which came in the last tsv and dot it onto any small blemishes etc so it is more concentrated in these areas.

Another 'trick' I do is to mix a bit of halo with the clear smashbox primer on the back of my hand to make a custom colour primer. This provides a really good base for just a quick swirl of halo. It is much better than the primer on its own.

Mine arrived today - ordered Thursday - looks great, only thing I've tried so far is the lip gloss which looks scary in the tube but much better on the lips, it also tastes good!

I'm VERY VERY pleased I used my Halo on top of my Sisley (I'm going to kill you donna for putting me unto this) foundation this morning and the results were fab!

I also LOVED the rest of the TSV.

In fact I would go as far as to say this is the BEST Smashbox TSV EVER IMO :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Jabbathehut[B said:
;72718]I'm VERY VERY pleased I used my Halo on top of my Sisley[/B] (I'm going to kill you donna for putting me unto this) foundation this morning and the results were fab!

I also LOVED the rest of the TSV.

In fact I would go as far as to say this is the BEST Smashbox TSV EVER IMO :clap::clap::clap::clap:

You bought the Sisley!!!!Jabba, you must be rolling in it. :D

Calvin if you know your colour have a nose of ebay:54::54:

I'm cheap that is where I get mine.:53:

The only bit I am not fussed on in the TSV is the cream eyeliner. The colour is too close to Image for my liking.

My TSV was waiting for me when I got home on Tuesday. Nobody had been home so the postman had left it in the garden, under the trampoline - at least that's where the wind had blown it to, I have no idea of that's where it had been originally! I haven't had a chance to open it for a play yet, maybe tonight after my bath :)

Latest posts

Back