Smashbox tsv on sunday the 28th of september

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi BB - I am sure you would be. The Light has more golden tones. Even though I am usually 'light' the fair works better on me as I have pinkish undertones.

I am sure you will be delighted with it

Yes, I use the Halo Light and I'm also a Medium Beige with Bare Escentuals and most other brands with a 'beige'.

[Also she is always going on about how pale she is, well in that case should be Fair and not Light.[/QUOTE]

I thought that too - I would have thought she would be fair. I am medium/olive skin and I can use light in the winter and medium in the summer. Not as pale as Alison!

I thought that too - I would have thought she would be fair. I am medium/olive skin and I can use light in the winter and medium in the summer. Not as pale as Alison!

I wonder if I should have ordered the medium then (as I have the Light) for the same reasons as you have! Is the medium VERY warm?

Just placed my first QVC order and also my first smashbox order!:1:

After reading this thread it had to be done,hope I like it.I have ordered the 'light'......although I am pale I am certainly not porcelain,a bit sallow but definitely not olive!!

I hope it's the correct choice........let's wait and see.......I'm quite excited,actually!!:59:

Thanks to all contributors to this thread for helping me spend some money!!:30:

Old Allie Young telling porkie pies again. Smashbox does have offical retailers in the UK. House of Fraser Belfast bricks and mortar store and there is an online one too.

Also she is always going on about how pale she is, well in that case should be Fair and not Light.

Remarkable really!

All our lovely Autumn kits arrived from Smashbox yesterday - including some UK exclusives!

And House of Fraser in Belfast have a more extensive range than QVC - as do we.

Sadly our brand new website was not ready to go live today (will now be more like Wednesday, Servers permitting) we also have all 34 brand new shades of Smashbox eye shadow and all the shades of Smashbox lipgloss on there.

I wonder if I should have ordered the medium then (as I have the Light) for the same reasons as you have! Is the medium VERY warm?

I have both already and bought the tsv in the medium. The light is a little pale for me at the moment, but I do use both and mix a bit from each at certain times when I am paler in the winter. They should do a colour in between the two.

I'm normally Fairly Light in Bare Escentuals. I'm now using Halo in Fair, as I've just run out of BE.

I've noticed that it's quite a bit lighter and I'm wondering if the Light would make it look a bit healthier.

I'm pale, but have ruddiness/pinkness on my face.

AY is wearing Light and that's foxing me. Can't decide! Why aren't the shades ever straightforward with Smashbox?!

morrning all

Dose anyone know if the halo powder is suitable for oily skin, im having trouble with foundations and powders at the moment they just dont keep the shine at bay

Thanks
Nicxx:1:

Well you are getting the Primer Light which is water based for oily and sensitive skin.

I used my sample today and really like it.

Oh Jayne I can't wait for your new site. The new eyeshadows are just gorgeous.

I'm normally Fairly Light in Bare Escentuals. I'm now using Halo in Fair, as I've just run out of BE.

I've noticed that it's quite a bit lighter and I'm wondering if the Light would make it look a bit healthier.

AY is wearing Light and that's foxing me. Can't decide! Why aren't the shades ever straightforward with Smashbox?!

Minnie have you tried Summer Bisque over your 'ruddy bits' - it is great.

And the Light definitely has a light golden colour to it. It depends whether you want a little hint of tint or not.

I use my Halo as a finishing powder not a foundation as I need a bit more coverage.

Remarkable really!

All our lovely Autumn kits arrived from Smashbox yesterday - including some UK exclusives!

And House of Fraser in Belfast have a more extensive range than QVC - as do we.

Sadly our brand new website was not ready to go live today (will now be more like Wednesday, Servers permitting) we also have all 34 brand new shades of Smashbox eye shadow and all the shades of Smashbox lipgloss on there.

Just had a look. Lovely site. Is your Smashbox Liner Shadow Fan Club called Fan Club or is it the Hollywood just aired on QVC? :31:

Minnie,I'm the same as you,pale with slight ruddiness/pinkiness,Fairly Light in BE & I've gone for the Light.I think the Fair would be just a tad too pale for me & then Alison said she's wearing the Light & she's a shade or two lighter than me :43:

morrning all

Dose anyone know if the halo powder is suitable for oily skin, im having trouble with foundations and powders at the moment they just dont keep the shine at bay

Thanks
Nicxx:1:

Have a look at Anti-shine - it is fantastic, as is their Photomatte powder (sadly now discontinued - we only have it in Light-medium and medium - dark.

As DOnna says, the primer light will be good for you too.

Halo is for all skintones - BUT it won't really control oiliness - there are other products, as mentioned above, that will assist with that

Oh Jayne I can't wait for your new site. The new eyeshadows are just gorgeous.

I was right disappointed Donna, as we have worked so hard on it - the last three days I have done nothing else from Dawn until DUsk - but there were problems with the servers at the last minute and the Protx account so we didn't want to risk it.

And the eyeshadows are truly lovely - Lagoon, Spellbound and Bliss are my favs. The metallic ones have a foiled effect - superb.

Minnie have you tried Summer Bisque over your 'ruddy bits' - it is great.

And the Light definitely has a light golden colour to it. It depends whether you want a little hint of tint or not.

I use my Halo as a finishing powder not a foundation as I need a bit more coverage.

Thanks for your advice Jayne. I've just has a look on your website. I suffer from broken capillaries and probably do need a product to calm things down as well as provide coverage. At the minute I'm using Boots Time Delay anti-redness skin concentrate, but I've not seen much of an effect to be honest.

Philosophy's Supernatural makes my skin look a little bit better, but I might just give the bisque a go!

Minnie,I'm the same as you,pale with slight ruddiness/pinkiness,Fairly Light in BE & I've gone for the Light.I think the Fair would be just a tad too pale for me & then Alison said she's wearing the Light & she's a shade or two lighter than me :43:

Hi Marzy, I think I'm having what you're having, if you're Fairly Light too. Thanks for helping me make a decision!

Thanks for your advice Jayne. I've just has a look on your website. I suffer from broken capillaries and probably do need a product to calm things down as well as provide coverage. At the minute I'm using Boots Time Delay anti-redness skin concentrate, but I've not seen much of an effect to be honest.

Philosophy's Supernatural makes my skin look a little bit better, but I might just give the bisque a go!

Its not easy and sometimes swapping skincare too often doesn't help. But the summer bisque covers my redness perfectly. I have also being trialling the new Camera Ready Foundation from Smashbox - this is a heavy duty coverage - BUT it doesn't look it. It is a cream but when you apply it, it appears dry on the skin, with no powdery feel. Using that over the bits I want to hide has been very effective.

Coming back to the Halo, all I can say is that the fair is a better match for my skin now that we are coming into Winter. The Light has more golden tones and was better in the summer. If you use yellow based foundation then you should be fine, if you use pinker based foundation then you might want to go for the Fair.

Lady Tia had some great photos when this first came out - have you still got them LT (and she has fantastic skin :))

hi im new on here i was just after some advise on the smashbox halo as some of you have said very confusing with the colours ive gone for light tsv today , im not what ide say fair skinned, i use laura geller bb wich is almost perfect but ide say can sometimes be a little too warm for me im quite olive toned with alot of yellowin my skin and do tan easy but stay out of the sun so dont have a tan.hoping the light is ok! thanks emma

Latest posts

Back