Smashbox TSV December 17th

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just ordered the TSV - couldn't resist the value and love the shadow/liner and love the colour of the lip gloss. Thanks to Donna for reassuring me re the colour of the blusher/lip colour - i love the SB stains i find them great for " the look of no makeup" days. I wish Ali Young would stop saying QVC are the only official British supplier of Smashbox in GB - its so annoying when we know that JBD are official suppliers too and IMO(and many others) have a much better choice of SB products including the Rapture Ultimate collection - i dont see many of them for sale on QVC. Its really only the SB TSV's that are of any real value worth buying otherwise JBD is a better value destination. QVC (Ali Young) doesnt explain the SB collections or preview any up and coming collections(like Jayne & co do) and really only have bits and pieces of any one. Rant over, i'm looking forward to receiving this TSV - i'll need another house just for my makeup soon!! Linda

Interesting. The shadowliner is a different colour than the upcoming US TSV one.:33: Their one is called Warm Fig.

Also House of Fraser and a chemist in Belfast sell Smashbox, we are part of the UK. We use sterling as our currency to prove it too. Jayne always has more items and well before they ever appear on counter too. We haven't even had Wicked Lovely collection yet and Jayne had it for ages, also the Ulimate which will never appear on counter here.

Used to love Smashbox, now I find it boring, same old things and ridiculously expensive for what it is.

Noooooooo - RedorDead - look at the Muse Collection (will be here early Jan) and Wicked Lovely and Rapture.... there are some gorgeous products about.

Three brand new products we have had for a while now are well worth a look - the Blush Rush Blush is incredible - it gives the most beautiful colour but makes the skin so soft - amazing.

Camera Ready foundation is the latest foundation from Smashbox - rave reviews about this as the coverage is excellent without being dry or cakey, particularly good for combination skin.

And latest from the 'O' range is O Plump - not officially available in the US but JBD and the Danish Distributors have it already.

Plus some fantastic kits and more ultimate palettes awaiting dispatch from the Smashbox Warehouse.

And I think you will find that JBD and House of Fraser in Belfast have reduced their VAT prices too.

You can also get Smashbox from a number of UK airports so I am told - Birmingham has quite a large range

Last edited:
i have resisted so far am drooling over the muse collection so the tvs staying off today!! jayne the lip gloss in the tsv looks very much like one in the rapture lip gloss collection you have do you no if it is?it looks a lovely colour

although the ultimate collection is sitting under my xmas tree, I gave in and bought the tsv. my oh will have such a go, but the kissing and making up (!) will be worth it.

I have to admit I've only ever tried two Smashbox products, the green colour correcting primer (which I wasn't over impressed with) and the gel eye liner. However, I do like the look of the Wicked Lovely collection that has just been drawn to our attention. What is it about this range that everyone seems so enthralled with?

I'm resisting the TSV as I don't like the primer. (do like their light version) Will have a look at JBD though!

i have resisted so far am drooling over the muse collection so the tvs staying off today!! jayne the lip gloss in the tsv looks very much like one in the rapture lip gloss collection you have do you no if it is?it looks a lovely colour

Hi OTR - I think the one you are thinking of is LIP GLOSS in RAVISHING (shimmery rosy nude) - this is similar but it isn't the same. The one in the TSV is a QVC special - not sure if Smashbox will release it. I suspect that it has some ultra-violet effect pigment in it which makes the teeth look whiter.
The Rapture ones are a selection of colours from the classic Smashbox Lipgloss collection plus three new ones.
I think the Smashbox Rapture lipglosses are a QVC colour special - they are not the same as the Smashbox Rapture collection that we have (and that is on the Smashbox Website)

I went for it - obviously - there was never a moment of doubt. I will have to make do with this until I am lucky enough to get the Ultimate Collection - have managed to miss out twice.

Am so going to give the credit card a bashing on Jaynes site after xmas but have to really be good until then - with 2 teenagers and both with birthdays just after xmas I have to try to be a bit careful.

ohh thanks jayne yes its called smile brightening lipgloss!smashbox lip glosses are the only ones i like cos they dont go on in a sticky mess.ill hold on untill the muse collections in though, topaz i have the 3 eyeliners and loose pigment set from the wicked lovely collection and theyre beautifull colours i ware them all the time. i just baught the mini rapture kit from jbd too i wanted to try bionic mascara i found it brilliant its quite dry wich i like and has a nice brush definatly getting that in ful size in the new year,

Thankfully I'm not tempted by this one. Which is a relief because I couldn't afford it. I'm not a fan of the slippy silicone primer and aren't keen on the pale eyeshadow colours. Wouldn't mind the lipgloss and mascara, but not worth buying it for those.

No EZ pay on this one I see. Are they all EZ payed out?!

ohh thanks jayne yes its called smile brightening lipgloss!smashbox lip glosses are the only ones i like cos they dont go on in a sticky mess.ill hold on untill the muse collections in though, topaz i have the 3 eyeliners and loose pigment set from the wicked lovely collection and theyre beautifull colours i ware them all the time. i just baught the mini rapture kit from jbd too i wanted to try bionic mascara i found it brilliant its quite dry wich i like and has a nice brush definatly getting that in ful size in the new year,

The Rapture Best Of kit is fantastic value Emma and it comes beautifully boxed.

As well as the fusion softlights and mascara you get the cutest mini lipgloss in the most gorgeous colour - My description of Aura is the most perfect lipgloss colour - think whisper pink, or the colour of angel's wings - a soft veil of sheer shell pink. All that for £15.17 - bargain :)

Last edited:
i agree aura is the most beautifull colour and a great value little kit, it says mini bionic mascara but its not mini at all i was suprised the size of it :1:

The Fusion.....is that a bronzer/blush or eyeshadow? Or both?!

Really want the Ultimate Palette though!

both i think well ive certainly been useing it as both!its a sort of bronzing effect but it a highlighting way im sure jayne will have a much better description though

The Fusion.....is that a bronzer/blush or eyeshadow? Or both?!

Really want the Ultimate Palette though!

The fusion in this kit is Dusk which is a soft shimmer bronzer (we have the full size version of it too)

You can sweep it all over for a multi-toned radiant tint of colour, you can use it to highlight where you would naturally catch the sun, you can use it as a blush and you can use it on your eyes.

YOu can use the stripes individually or swirl altogether.

Sadly....it will not give marriage guidance counselling or make the tea :) - other than that it is pretty much as versatile a multi-tasker as they come :45:

Three brand new products we have had for a while now are well worth a look -

Camera Ready foundation is the latest foundation from Smashbox - rave reviews about this as the coverage is excellent without being dry or cakey, particularly good for combination skin.

I can vouch for this! My friend gave me a BIG bag of Smashbox recently and this was in it. I have combi/sensitive skin which has a tendency to be dry in places in the winter, but haven't had any problems with this caking / clinging to dry patches. The texture is lovely and it gives great coverage but you don't look made up ... just looks like you have flawless skin. Takes seconds as well. I'm pretty pale and use Fair F1.

I was given the Rapture Best of kit that Jayne sells too ... gorgeous!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back