Smashbox Mega To Go Palette

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

thanks for the heads up Donna, I travel a lot with work and was thinking this would be very handy rather than carting lots of random bits and bobs about.....:thinking:

But I missed the discussion about this item on here - would you recommend it?

QVC need to sort the description, there is more than one eyeshadow and one lip gloss etc....

thanks for the heads up Donna, I travel a lot with work and was thinking this would be very handy rather than carting lots of random bits and bobs about.....:thinking:

But I missed the discussion about this item on here - would you recommend it?

I didn't mean to thank you I pressed the button by mistake cause I was so shocked.:giggle::confused:

bobbi brown bone eyeshadow is really all i use apart from non fat candy from be. this looks far too busy for me.someone from the us website remarked "are you a make-up artist" ...!

Is this the same size as the make-up palettes we all got from Jayne - cos I haven't even made a dent in most of the items in it and this looks very similar?

Fart people FART!! OK, would you really use even half of the colours? I'm not so keen on the ones in the palette on the right (US pic) and secondly, do you have space for it or are your drawers full already!! :giggle:

Last edited:
I am & always have been a sucker for these multi palettes, I still have the Models Prefer one from a couple of years ago so am going to take Lilylurknomore's advice & FART.Thanks for making me see sense for once!

I have just been reading the reviews on qvc us - there are nearly as many 1 stars as 5 stars. Lots of complaints about how they arrive damaged then the quality of the products is very poor and not up to Smashbox's usual standard. So I have decided not to go for it - also I still have loads of the old palette left.

I always think "Yum!" and really want it, but I've showed you guys my pics. Eyeshadow wise I wear "brown" - lots and lots of it. :sun: :blush:

I really don't need this.

I think it would be great for a teenager just starting out though, and wanting to experiment. Or somebody that likes to wear a lot of colour on their eyes.

Gemster - I can totally see the appeal of just picking up one box when you travel for work and knowing you have most of what you need right there. You could even keep it in your travel bag.

I am not going for it, never was really. Palettes no matter which brand, well apart from NARS,Prescriptives or Laura Mercier(all these did/do brilliant palettes) are always lower quality.
I bought the very first Smashbox palette the blockbuster and actually used very little from it.

I am not going for it, never was really. Palettes no matter which brand, well apart from NARS,Prescriptives or Laura Mercier(all these did/do brilliant palettes) are always lower quality.
I bought the very first Smashbox palette the blockbuster and actually used very little from it.

:wave:I don't find my Bobbi Brown ones lower quality, but otherwise I agree with you entirely Donna . :flower:

Is this the same size as the make-up palettes we all got from Jayne - cos I haven't even made a dent in most of the items in it and this looks very similar?

it is similar...i agree Rosey, i've finished 2 lip gloss squares and can see the bottom on 3 eye shadows but otherwise, it still looks full!! and i use the foundation powder thingy and highlighter most days

Hoorah! My palette arrived today! Booooo... it is damaged! :sad:

Why did I jump to the phones before listening to you peeps? I ordered it thinking it was exactly the same quality and didn't bother reading any reviews (a first!).

I do like it though so will try it out tomorrow. Two colours vanished completely and stuck to the cream eyeliner. Mess everywhere.

Going to get a replacement as I really like the colours. If damaged again then that will be it.

I got mine today too, but I think it might be going back!:doh:

I wanted it for travelling and wasn't expecting it too be so big, it's not exactly 'pop in your handbag' size. I like the blue/purple/green eye colours but there are a lot of neutrals I won't use (I am very dark and neutrals don't do much for me) plus the none of the brow powders look dark enough.

I will have a proper play over the weekend but what I'm really looking for is something about half the size that is much more 'portable', so the search continues :sad:

Latest posts

Back