Smashbox May TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find it hard to resist Smashbox but this Halo version has such mixed reviews and far too many bad ones :(

Thats what I'm doing too RedT - I really want to get eyeshadow liners but need to wait till a bit later in the month till I buy plus want nude lip liner too!!

I see the Halo Glow is £33+ to buy on its own on QVC UK, will be interesting to see how much they do charge for the TSV since we are not getting parts of it and a sub for the Jet Liner too.

I am undecided about this, would like to try the Halo Glow and the lip gloss but probably wont use the rest of the products so I suppose it will come down to price at the end of the day

:28::28:eek:h no, i was one of the few that actully wanted this, now taking the primer out i can deal with but the lip pencil i was really wanting!and the eyshadow come to think of it.it better be reflected in the price!!tut tut not impressed

I'm with you - I really like Smashbox but if this is it (and going from the photo/email I got it is only 3 make up items and 2 brushes) - it's a serious disappointment considering what we thought we were getting?? And saying Halo is not cheap is no excuse. It's not much of a TSV if that's it :11:

5 piece keep it glowing, showing all items in photo posted by tabatha at £39.96 with phone cs message on qactive.

Not impressed either, are you sure you haven't missed a bit out cupcake? lol
What do they mean 'complete your look' with the lip gloss? Complete my look? According to that I'm only wearing Halo bronzing stuff & an eyeliner....hardly a look, is it? Ah, knickers to that then! :28:

It's a 'look' if you're Elle McPherson and don't need anything in the first place. Otherwise the only 'look' I will achieve is the "I just fell out of bed and 'look' like carp' today........

It's a 'look' if you're Elle McPherson and don't need anything in the first place. Otherwise the only 'look' I will achieve is the "I just fell out of bed and 'look' like carp' today........

Exactly aragorn - I may be a lot of things but an Elle McPherson lookalike sadly isn't one of them! Stuff it - am off to browse JBD's 'pretty fings' site & console meself with a few 'bargins' from there! lol

Not happy with the reviews on the Halo Glow either, sitting at only 3.3 from 28 reviews, whereas the ordinary Halo is a much healthier 4.2 from 122 reviews!
Same old complaints too.....'too orange' etc., not worth the risk with my complexion, though I love the standard Halo! :(

Is it possible to order it yet on the website or q-cut please? Getting seriously tired here suddenly and I'm starting to doubt I can stay up until midnight :(

Smashbox 5 Piece Keep it Glowing Collection with 2 Brushes
Item Number: 228100
QVC Price £44.25
Today's Special Value Price £36.94
Availability In stock
UK P&P £3.95

Get a luminous make-up look with Smashbox's Keep It Glowing collection. It includes the must-have Halo Glow Colour Boosting Powder (21g), formulated with pure gold, minerals and peptides to give an instant radiant finish. There's also the brand new Reflection High Shine Lipgloss (10.5ml) which can be used on its own or over your favourite lip colour to give a glossy pout. Completing the set is Glow/Getter Eyeshadow Duo (3.63g), Emerald Ink Creamy Eye Liner (1.2g), Apricot Doubletake Lip Colour (4.11g), an arched liner brush and a baby buki brush.

I have the Halo glow and think it is a fabulous product, particularly now that my pale Scottish skin has taken on a bit of colour from the sun.
It does not like to be put on top of a rich moisturiser and will definitely give an orangy result in that case but used on top of a primer or mineral powder it gives a lovely natural hint of warmth without any shimmer - that's the big plus for me as so many of these products incorporate too much shimmer/glitter for someone about to hit the big 60. (IMO, of course)

Lol I was just reading the US reviews too! Strangely they talk of an auto delivery option so don't kinow if we will have one with different colours later on? Seems a totally marmite product doesn't it but I quite fancy the gloss and like the liners plenty so gonna give it a go.

Who needs QVC presenters when I can talk myself into buying it :D

Latest posts

Back