Smashbox May TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

hehe, i think I'm resisting too! To be honest when I tuned it on this morning I was tempted but I know I have these colours already, the lip pencil thingy was very drying when i tried it before and I have enough glowy products to last me a life time. Plus I have to say AY completely put me off, her rabbiting is now getting beyond ridiculous. Did you hear her saying that other powders can have a 'talc-ing' effect?! She's just making stuff up! Apart from anything talc has been used in powders for years with no adverse effects, she's just latching on to the whole BE thing of making out that talc is the devil. talc-ing? Whatever.

PS the models name is Funda. :1:

Tx

I'd love for QVC to do an experiment. Instead of putting up these flawless gorgeous young (most of the time) models, hows about putting up the likes of some ordinary looking women of all shapes and sizes and try the product out on them for the TSV? I'd be interested to see if they shift as much product as they do when they use the models. Maybe they would sell more, maybe there would be more of a "wow factor" difference.

Also, these "before and after" pics of the models - is it just me or is the lighting always harsher in the "before" pics and the model always much closer to the camera.

And finally, I can't believe that someone named their daughter "Thunder". My Uncle used to have a horse called thunder. :31:

I kept looking at the models thinking how nice they looked in the after shots.......then I kept looking at Alison even more, as I assume she was wearing it too.......and I've seen her look so much better. That was enough to remind me that acctually its not 'going to suit everyone'. OK I'm not as old as Alison, but I'm not as young as the models either and my skin has deffinitley hit a tipping point this last year.

All the browns they keep flogging just make me look like my mother! Eeek, no offence to her and I guess we mostly know we're going there, but even so. Browns used to look great on me, but give me some bright colours now.

what a suker i am i ordered it!!i really want the halo glow so its a good price with the extras, the eyeshadow looks nice as do the plip pencil and new lip gloss but im not overjoyed about the eyeliner would have much preferd jet set!
thaught the same about model thunder! who thinks up theese names?

The one thing I really liked the colour of, was the eyeliner.....but then they pointed out it was the equivelent of 8 pencils.....I'll never use 8 pencils worth in a million years!

Last edited:
its growing on me i must admit the more i see it.if im not happy with halo glow it will be going back but im sure ill be fine with it bronzy type colours usually suite me ok

I stumbled and fell LOL! If it's not good it can go back, so I figured it's worth the gamble of the "postage" (which you of course couldn't get back). :)

....and if the Lola Rose is that minute violet thing around A.Y's neck, I've seen dozens of those about at 'normal' high street prices not the ridiculous Lola Rose cost!

Kathy had the Lola Rose TSV on in the morning show, it is a turquoise heart

What swayed me not to buy was Nina from Smashbox demonstrating that the Halo powder is the same as the Fusion powders already blended. Thankfully I still have a Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick that I can do that with so she helped me to justify not buying the powder!!

Thats what got me too, I had a Fusion like that which I loved and it broke so am going to give the Halo a try.
I like the eyeshadows, the only thing I wont use is the eyeliner.

Ordered just after the launched and it is shipped already

i forgot to mention, did any one else hear nina say that her and the other sb lady had faked tanned so they could put halo glow on? then says its universal for all colouring!yep soinds like it

I think it's a really uninspiring dull TSV.
I was hoping for something with more colours for eyes and lips.

I am going to watch some more, but if there is nothing more inspiring am going to spend my pennies on the Mac website lol!!

What swayed me not to buy was Nina from Smashbox demonstrating that the Halo powder is the same as the Fusion powders already blended. Thankfully I still have a Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick that I can do that with so she helped me to justify not buying the powder!!

Same here! I can achieve a very similar look (good enough for me anyway) using standard Halo, bronzer & blusher! No matter how hard AY pushed the 'this is the modern way to do it!'..... aspect of it (OK, so I'm dull & old-fashioned.....whatever....! lol), a 33 quid glorified bronzer comes way down on my list of priority 'must have' beauty items! There are lots of things I'd much rather have for that sort of money, cosmetics wise! :)

Kathy had the Lola Rose TSV on in the morning show, it is a turquoise heart

Thats what got me too, I had a Fusion like that which I loved and it broke so am going to give the Halo a try.
I like the eyeshadows, the only thing I wont use is the eyeliner.

Ordered just after the launched and it is shipped already
Having just got the recent laura geller tsv I cannot go for this one but the thing I really liked was the Eyeliner and arced brush!!!lol

So if you are thinking of offloading those,bluebell,let me know :)

I know someone who named their child Storm ...

Ah, now that I can believe because there was a Storm in my elementary class back in the 70's. I think her parents were big Fleetwood Mac fans and I was so envious that she had such a cool name lol!! My name is fairly unusual, but not in a way-out way, if ya know what I mean. :1:

I nearly got tempted when I saw the gorgeous models and Nina looking so lovely with the Halo glow ... then I looked at Alison and thought, hmmm ... that's probably how I'd look (rather odd coloured/shiny), so was able to resist! Rest of the kit bar the lip gloss held no interest for me. Hopefully Jayne will have that soon if she hasn't already

I haven't gone for the TSV as I have a load of Smashbox that I rarely ever use BUT I was suckered in to buying the Halo Hydrating Powder with brush. I don't often wear foundation so I thought that might be quite a nice product to apply and wear. This is my first purchase with QVC after a six week break - I'm not going to buy anything else. I'm not. I'm literally NOT.

I nearly got tempted when I saw the gorgeous models and Nina looking so lovely with the Halo glow ... then I looked at Alison and thought, hmmm ... that's probably how I'd look (rather odd coloured/shiny), so was able to resist! Rest of the kit bar the lip gloss held no interest for me. Hopefully Jayne will have that soon if she hasn't already

She has got it CC, see this thread

http://www.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11361

i forgot to mention, did any one else hear nina say that her and the other sb lady had faked tanned so they could put halo glow on? then says its universal for all colouring!yep soinds like it

Yes, I heard this as well. Frankly I thought Nina still looked pasty with it on and AY was not a good advert.

Now had they been selling the Guru pallette I would have been tempted.

Do you think the halo bronzing thing is just an expensive fusion? I think it is just clever marketing and I don't believe the hydrating rubbish they are promoting? Is the original halo better and is it hydrating and is it glowy?

Frankly I thought Nina still looked pasty with it on

n .

I have the same skintone as Nina - very fair - and I thought she looked gently warmed up - I'm sure, like me, she'd look very silly golden brown! I have ordered it having seen it on her because I like the idea of still looking fair without looking like I spent the summer in a cave!

Latest posts

Back