Smashbox May TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes it has been in House of Fraser in Belfast since end of March. I thought it really boring, the colours dull and noting different greys and violets. It has noting to do with Muse not part of the collection, but just arrived at the same time. The was a competition to design something and that was Guru. Jayne said earlier in this thread about it.

The eyeshadow duo is the same one we will get, its just the photos it looked a bit different that the live presentation. For some reason we always get a travel primer in our TSV.

i wonder if theyve taken the primer out to make it cheaper like the laura geller mascara/brush saga?if there is a primer i do wish theyde give us a choice of normal or light,
i didnt like the look of the guru thing either

Well everyone, my attempts to get some Smashbox in Ireland were a dead loss! My local stockist in Kilkenny were flogging stuff from 3 or 4 collections ago as new so nothing there. And the supposed stand at Cork Airport didn't materialise either, not a sign of it! Probably saved me some dosh for the Untamed collection on JBD though!! :1:

BTW I LOVE the Guru palette, the eyeshadows and liner are gorgeous, lippies are lovely with a balm-like texture. The blush/bronzer are quite dark but with a very light hand they look very natural and glowing. It's defintiely more impressive than it looks at first glance...

Tx

Is that from QVCUK Tabitha - at present it looks as though it is missing a primer tube and the eye duo looks a lighter shade than the US one

Hi there,

Yes it's from QVCUK. I wonder what happened to the primer ?

T xx

The set is called "Smashbox 5 Piece Keep it Glowing Collection" so and the pic has 5 items of makeup in it along with 2 brushes so could be there won't be any primer in it.:33:

The set is called "Smashbox 5 Piece Keep it Glowing Collection" so and the pic has 5 items of makeup in it along with 2 brushes so could be there won't be any primer in it.:33:

Thanks Sazza - any idea on price? My daughter loves bronzers this time of year we did have a look at this at NYNY but I can't remember what it's like. My daughter is blonde and quite fair skinned - does anyone know if she'll end up looking like a younger Madge from Benidorm?

A little bit of news - the Reflection High shine lipgloss has arrived with us - that it the tall slim tube of pearly gloss in the TSV.
I assume that is full size (10.5 mls) and our price will be £12.50, so you can add that into the ml for ml value.
It is a lovely gloss - it has a hoof tip applicator (like O-Gloss/O-Plump so very easy to apply and it is a creamy pearl colour, which when you apply it goes into a mass of silvery shimmer. It also feels very emollient on the lips too - almost balm like than gloss - definitely not sticky.
I think you will love it. Without the primer, maybe this will go under £40 - really good value when you think that the US one came in at over $70 when the tax is added on.
And don't forget this will have possibly been purchased by QVC when the dollar was exceptionally high.

what do you think of the colour halo gives cupcake?

I only have the regular one. I use the Fair. Colour is great on me - light was way too dark - but I don't have perfect skin (bit of pigmentation - brown and red) so I tend to use it as a finishing powder, rather than on it own - otherwise I feel a blotchy! Also, I've found if my t-zone is a bit oily, it can make my pores look big (although nowhere near as bad as BE did!). Lady Tia uses it (or did use it) as her foundation so she may be able to give you more help.

A little bit of news - the Reflection High shine lipgloss has arrived with us - that it the tall slim tube of pearly gloss in the TSV.
I assume that is full size (10.5 mls) and our price will be £12.50, so you can add that into the ml for ml value.
It is a lovely gloss - it has a hoof tip applicator (like O-Gloss/O-Plump so very easy to apply and it is a creamy pearl colour, which when you apply it goes into a mass of silvery shimmer. It also feels very emollient on the lips too - almost balm like than gloss - definitely not sticky.
I think you will love it. Without the primer, maybe this will go under £40 - really good value when you think that the US one came in at over $70 when the tax is added on.
And don't forget this will have possibly been purchased by QVC when the dollar was exceptionally high.

Arrrggghhh!! Now you are tempting me Jayne ... Must be strong, must be strong. Do not need the TSV. Do not need the TSV.

I'm getting the impression from this email that it's 3 bits of make-up and 2 brushes ... ??

Dear XXXX,

Glowing beauty no longer requires sunshine! The Smashbox 5-Piece Keep it Glowing Collection (with 2 brushes) contains brand new innovations of sunny, anytime-anywhere make up. And it's the Today's Special Value on Wednesday 13th May.

It begins with Glow Hydrating Colour Boosting Powder - a QVC exclusive! We call this "LA in a compact" because at Smashbox glowing skin is a daily beauty prerequisite. This translucent, buildable powder not only boosts even the palest skin with a healthy, natural-looking sun-kissed glow, it also helps to keep in the moisture content in parched skin with every application.

Update your look in a fresh way with a brand new jewel tone shade of our Cream Eye Liner. This award-winning, putty formula gives you totally customisable eye definition and will easily out last
10 pencils.

Complete your look with the UK Launch of Reflection High Shine Lip Gloss. This super high impact topcoat makes lips SHINE! Brimming with shine and highly reflective pearl it creates the illusion of plumper, fuller lips.

It's never been easier to Keep it Glowing! Join me on Wednesday 13th May and I'll show you
how at 4am, 7am, 8am, 9am, 12am, 1am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm and 10pm.

:28::28:eek:h no, i was one of the few that actully wanted this, now taking the primer out i can deal with but the lip pencil i was really wanting!and the eyshadow come to think of it.it better be reflected in the price!!tut tut not impressed

Dear XXXX,

Update your look in a fresh way with a brand new jewel tone shade of our Cream Eye Liner. This award-winning, putty formula gives you totally customisable eye definition and will easily out last
10 pencils.

i thaught the eyeliner was going to be a brown shade of jet set?

Not impressed either, are you sure you haven't missed a bit out cupcake? lol
What do they mean 'complete your look' with the lip gloss? Complete my look? According to that I'm only wearing Halo bronzing stuff & an eyeliner....hardly a look, is it? Ah, knickers to that then! :28:

I'm getting the impression from this email that it's 3 bits of make-up and 2 brushes ... ??

Dear XXXX,

Glowing beauty no longer requires sunshine! The Smashbox 5-Piece Keep it Glowing Collection (with 2 brushes) contains brand new innovations of sunny, anytime-anywhere make up. And it's the Today's Special Value on Wednesday 13th May.

It begins with Glow Hydrating Colour Boosting Powder - a QVC exclusive! We call this "LA in a compact" because at Smashbox glowing skin is a daily beauty prerequisite. This translucent, buildable powder not only boosts even the palest skin with a healthy, natural-looking sun-kissed glow, it also helps to keep in the moisture content in parched skin with every application.

10 pencils.

Complete your look with the UK Launch of Reflection High Shine Lip Gloss. This super high impact topcoat makes lips SHINE! Brimming with shine and highly reflective pearl it creates the illusion of plumper, fuller lips.

It's never been easier to Keep it Glowing! Join me on Wednesday 13th May and I'll show you
how at 4am, 7am, 8am, 9am, 12am, 1am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm and 10pm.

:28::28:eek:h no, i was one of the few that actully wanted this, now taking the primer out i can deal with but the lip pencil i was really wanting!and the eyshadow come to think of it.it better be reflected in the price!!tut tut not impressed

I've never yet seen an email or card about the tsv that tells you about all the products involved, just a few highlighted ones.

I'd go with the photo being right......

I swore off fake tanning and vowed to embrace my alabaster tones and freckles, but I like the sound of this! If I use the new Halo to give my pale skin 'a healthy sunkissed glow' am I being a traitor to my cause?

Hmm, I'm still not tempted by this but I can see myself being suckered in if the price is good enough! It's a shame QVC are so behind the lovely Jayne on their collections. No comparison between this boring looking TSV and the fabulous Untamed collection just launched on JBD! Yes actually, i think I'll save my pennies for Untamed....

Can't believe the eyeliner in the TSV isn't Jet Set by the way, it's way better even than the original cream eyeliner which is fab!

Tx

Latest posts

Back