Smashbox Halo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love my Halo, does cover my red cheeks without making me look cakey or dried and a number of my friends have commented on my 'fab complexion'. I hated BE but a consultant told me recently I' been using the wrong shade, but since finding Halo wouldn't swap for another powder.

Don't know if it makes a difference but I apply it with the BE brush.

I love halo too can't say about supernatural as I haven't tried that one but I have fair freckly skin with high colour and it gives me perfect coverage I've also got the bronzing one as well which is great, I too don't find the need for BE mineral veil now I really love the halo also far better than the BE foundation

Haven't watched any QVC for ages but have just seen this when browsing the website. I currently use Philosophy Supernatural but was wondering what Halo was like. Will it cover up redness across my cheeks. Thanks

I really like Halo but NOT when my Rosacea is bad. It just won't cover it - and I'm not bright red, more pinky red with lumps and bumps at the moment. I am struggling to find anything that will work - if I put more than a light covering of anything on, it looks cakey on my skin ... Gonna have to resort to a bag on my head I think.

When my skin is better, I tend to use it as a finishing powder, rather than foundation as I still don't think it gives enough coverage (but then I've got/get pigmentation marks).

i love halo too allthough is does not cover any of my redness or spots but it does just make me look better dont know how/why but it does, can sometimes cake if i have a spot to cover wich is a little annoying but on the whole a lovely product

Just ordered this on the 2 easy pays! Went for the Medium initially, then cancelled it & plumped for the Light instead! Was torn between the two, so have almost certainly picked the wrong one! lol
Never tried any Smashbox stuff before so am quite excited at the thought!

Just ordered this on the 2 easy pays! Went for the Medium initially, then cancelled it & plumped for the Light instead! Was torn between the two, so have almost certainly picked the wrong one! lol
Never tried any Smashbox stuff before so am quite excited at the thought!

Bad news kitten, you will now be addicted like the rest of us - so could cost you a fortune. Jayne - Just Beauty Direct does a good range and at better prices than qvc when you are ready to order more.:bigkiss:

#31 I like the when you are ready to order more bit Rosey, sounds promising if you're assuming I'll like it then! :14:

I don't usually order that much from QVC tbh (am addicted to eBay though! lol) but apart from the camera my OH wanted, the Smashbox Halo I ordered after reading about it on here & I bought a couple of bracelets that I spotted on one of SCW's lists, so could turn out to be quite expensive joining this forum! Oh & not forgetting the skincare range I tried out after reading about it on these boards! :3:

I am weak!

oh the power of suggestion! watching the 8pm hour I then trolled off to JBD and ordered my "summer" Halo...you guessed it...in Light (I've already got 2 fairs on the go!) and then I felt compelled to stock up on my fav wet/dry foundation which has been discontinued I've got enough foundation now (from all sorts of ranges) to do a full body make up everyday for the rest of my life...and still bequeath some to DD when I'm gone!

Early bath for me and bed with no supper! :30:

Jude x

Thanks for the reminder, Akimbo. I've just cancelled my QVC Halo order and bought it from JBD instead. Tis much cheaper there isn't it?
Never tried it before so am rather excited to see what all the fuss is about. I like the idea it has a sheen which makes you look dewey.

I was surprised at how similar the Elizabeth Arden mineral powder is to Smashbox Halo powder. Exactly the same delivery system, brush type, minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, water etc.

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/sto...storeId=10052&categoryId=1698&catalogId=10551

It has SPF20 and sells at £22 in Boots, however, this is for 8g while the Smashbox is £33 for 21g. The Arden powder appears to have a good range of shades. Apologies if this info has been posted before.

i think im going to order o plump from jbd, qvc were selling it for £15 something intro price, jbd is £13 odd!!i do wish some one would ring in and tell alison young to stop fibbing about smashbox veing exclusive to them, according to her they had the o plup "uk launch", then when it sold out she had a massive slip of the tounge and said "we have the biggest stock" quickly followed by "the only stock"!

I was surprised at how similar the Elizabeth Arden mineral powder is to Smashbox Halo powder. Exactly the same delivery system, brush type, minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, water etc.

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/sto...storeId=10052&categoryId=1698&catalogId=10551

It has SPF20 and sells at £22 in Boots, however, this is for 8g while the Smashbox is £33 for 21g. The Arden powder appears to have a good range of shades. Apologies if this info has been posted before.

I had a look at this and it does look similar to Halo. I found the shades quite dark though, I'm a fair in Halo and think i could use the lightest Arden one as a bronzer!

i think im going to order o plump from jbd, qvc were selling it for £15 something intro price, jbd is £13 odd!!i do wish some one would ring in and tell alison young to stop fibbing about smashbox veing exclusive to them, according to her they had the o plup "uk launch", then when it sold out she had a massive slip of the tounge and said "we have the biggest stock" quickly followed by "the only stock"!

I was shouting at the telly last night every time she said that they were the only official stockist in the UK, we know from threads on here that there are a couple of others. Then it makes you wonder just how many other things that she says are porkies.......:zip:

I was shouting at the telly last night every time she said that they were the only official stockist in the UK, we know from threads on here that there are a couple of others. Then it makes you wonder just how many other things that she says are porkies.......:zip:

yep i was too, really does make you wonder, youde think they wouldnt be allowed to even say it, surely some one from qvc has seen this site at some point

Latest posts

Back