Smashbox Halo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was shouting at the telly last night every time she said that they were the only official stockist in the UK

I don't know the official situation with Smashbox but qvc are governed by what they can say so if an untruth report it!

With many products though it can be confusing because whilst certain retailers are the official stockist other outlets get hold of stock by other means so sell it also.

There are three official stockists of Smashbox in the UK; QVC, House of Fraser in Belfast (who have a full Smashbox counter) and us. Any other website is not getting their items from Smashbox directly.

The only way to be sure who/where you are buying from is to e-mail Smashbox directly through www.smashbox.com - they will advise whether a retailer is authorised or not.

QVC do a fantastic job with Smashbox - they demonstrate the products far better than you could see on counter and their presentations are superb. They do a great job raising brand awareness and we benefit from that.

At the moment, there are only a limited number of places within the UK where Smashbox can be purchased and we know it is very difficult for people to buy makeup sight unseen from the internet. This is one of the reasons why we introduced the Smashbox colour match / sample service, which is very popular indeed.

We are expecting the brand new Smashbox O-bronze this week, and have pending orders with them for three brilliant new Smashbox kits that have just appeared on the Smashbox website. Many of our kits are UK exclusives e.g. the Ultimate Palette, The Masterclass 3 and 4 kits and so on.

One other thing, you can, of course, currently buy Smashbox from a number of UK airports/UK flights

Last edited:
ooohhhh o bronze, will you let us know what sort of colour/finish it gives i really want that, had a look at some of your new smashbox kits, the masterclass vol 4 looks really tempting

ooohhhh o bronze, will you let us know what sort of colour/finish it gives i really want that, had a look at some of your new smashbox kits, the masterclass vol 4 looks really tempting

Hi OTR

Masterclass 4 is lovely. The Illuminator is my new favourtite product, as it like Softlights Aglow in a tube. Foolproof and incredibly easy to apply it brightens the skin brilliantly but imperceptibly - you would not know someone was wearing make up.

O-bronze we had in our preview pack earlier in the year. It is a creamy gel/lotion. I will post the information from Smashbox about it and will have another play with it. It is not a 'tanning gel' it is like O-Glow, only you get a warm peachy glow instead of pink. I would apply it like a bronzer where the sun naturally hits the skin. It is not shimmery at all.

Hi OTR

O-bronze we had in our preview pack earlier in the year. It is a creamy gel/lotion. I will post the information from Smashbox about it and will have another play with it. It is not a 'tanning gel' it is like O-Glow, only you get a warm peachy glow instead of pink. I would apply it like a bronzer where the sun naturally hits the skin. It is not shimmery at all.

sounds perfect, i wasnt sure if it had any shimmer in oohhh im excited cant wait for that to come in :1:

The only way to be sure who/where you are buying from is to e-mail Smashbox directly through www.smashbox.com - they will advise whether a retailer is authorised or not.

I have frequently in the past emailed sites to check on authorised retailers & in this day & age, it is often advisable to do so, especially regarding the more popular &/or higher end brands!
(The numerous fakes on eBay etc. with sometimes quite terrifying ingredients lists make this an often sensible precaution!)

It's good & useful to know there are genuine alternatives to QVC & like most people on here I expect, I like to buy from QVC, direct from manufacturers or from independent retailers, often depending on current special offers, ability to combine postage on multiple items etc.

JBD already bookmarked as a favourite btw! Nice, easy to navigate site & great prices once you've used poor old QVC for the initial test run on new products! :14:

Thanks everyone:4: I REALLY must try to find more time to come on here again as I didn't realise that Jayne was doing samples. Off to have a look.

It's also interesting about the Elizabeth Arden one but I can't be bothered going into Blackpool to look. Vichy are also doing a mineral powder now and I used to use their foundations ages ago so perhaps that's another option. I still can't get on with BE so am only using it when I'm not planning on being seen by anyone apart from family -lol

Can't believe I only ordered my samples today in Fair and Light - where has the time gone since I started this thread! Oh, and a couple of other things fell in my basket as well - lol I have been very restrained though as we're on an economy drive at the mo like lots of people.

Latest posts

Back