Slippers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

YORKO

Registered Shopper
On the Emu show they just mentioned having more than one pair of slippers and you could perhaps keep one for best. Im trying to think of what would constitute best regarding wearing slippers...............

I have two pairs of slippers. One pair for winter and one pair for summer. Otherwise I'll boil my feet in the summer.

I hate slippers, I reckon they're lethal. Having slipped on stairs in them a couple of times I stick to warm fluffy socks in the house now. The open backed pair on the Emu show looked like an accident waiting to happen. God I sound like elf n safety now! Maybe I'm just clumsy but I won't even give slippers as a present now as I'd hate for someone to go a*** over t*t in a pair. Hate how they get smelly too. Yuk.

I have 4 pairs!! The idea is one pair for each floor (and just another pair because) but I only wear them on the ground floor - so 3 pairs of redundant slippers strewn around the house. And I still fancied the Emu's :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Surely you could buy slippers and give them as gifts - say the right slipper for your child's teacher and the left for that friend that is a good enough friend to warrant one slipper for Xmas but not good enough to warrant two!!

I can't believe qvc have missed out on this money saving/ present splitting opportunity :)

Slipper fettish:hi:
I have 4 pairs!! The idea is one pair for each floor (and just another pair because) but I only wear them on the ground floor - so 3 pairs of redundant slippers strewn around the house. And I still fancied the Emu's :confused:

I hate slippers, I reckon they're lethal. Having slipped on stairs in them a couple of times I stick to warm fluffy socks in the house now. The open backed pair on the Emu show looked like an accident waiting to happen. God I sound like elf n safety now! Maybe I'm just clumsy but I won't even give slippers as a present now as I'd hate for someone to go a*** over t*t in a pair. Hate how they get smelly too. Yuk.

I am the queen of falling down the stairs. Apparently I've done it all my life. There are four nasty ones that I'm aware of but I was, according to my dad, prone to skittling down the stairs as a child. I haven't broken any bones ... yet ... but a couple of years ago I ripped the muscle in my thigh. I couldn't walk for several days and couldn't get in or out of a car without help for two weeks. My feet were bare at the time.

The other bad fall was when I was 20. I fell over the ****** dog at the top of the stairs. Landed face up, head first onto a stone floor. Was spitting out molar teeth for days. Thank Christ for my slight over bite or my pearly white would have been a real mess. Bare feet again.

The moral of the story is ... if you're going to go, you're going to go. And what I really meant to say was Per Una do lovely slippers that you can wash if they get whiffy.

I have a pair of the Emu jolie slippers that I wear daily and I love them to bits ! The soles have a rough texture to avoid slipping . They are extremely comfy . A few years back I was wearing a pair of sheepskin slippers with smooth soles from a very well know U.K manufacturer . I popped out to the bins in damp weather , came back in and skidded on my then laminate floor tearing a hamstring muscle .
These Emu slippers are wonderful !!! I've asked for another pair from my daughter for Xmas , fingers crossed.

Sounds like you live in acastle - 4 floors. You and BurlyB with his mezzathing and you with 4 floors, we do ha ve
some posh people on this site LOL

Sounds like you live in acastle - 4 floors. You and BurlyB with his mezzathing and you with 4 floors, we do ha ve
some posh people on this site LOL

Pmsl Barbs. Only 3 floors - I have a spare pair for guests which I keep in my downstairs cloakroom!!! ;-)

I have several pairs of slippers, my everyday winter ones from M&S with a good sole for going out to the bin, a cozy pair of fur boots, some sock ones with a rubber sole and some lightweight flip flop ones for taking on hols. I agree with everything you have all said about them being dangerous and smelly etc. but I can't do without my slippers.

When I first read your post I thought you meant one pair for the kitchen floor, one for the living room, one for the bedroom and one for the bathroom! Now there's an idea for qvc - warm slippers for the kitchen, towelling for the bathroom, smartest for watching telly and easy slip offs for bedtime! Oh yes.

I have several pairs of slippers, my everyday winter ones from M&S with a good sole for going out to the bin, a cozy pair of fur boots, some sock ones with a rubber sole and some lightweight flip flop ones for taking on hols. I agree with everything you have all said about them being dangerous and smelly etc. but I can't do without my slippers.

Ditto, ditto & ditto......though mine are Padders slippers & non-slip slipper socks from Primark! lol (I'd freeze without them, only reason I wear them!)

Fit Flops for me since LIAM recommended them. Have them on all the time, even as slippers. Luv em

Latest posts

Back