Slanket

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pickles

Registered Shopper
Hi all
Does anyone know if QVC will be having the slanket back this year?
I love mine and want to get one for my mum now it's gone cold.
xxx

I have 4 of 'em, all bought from QVC, in different colours and dare I say it, animal prints. Mr Flamenco can't stand them and has made it clear in no uncertain terms that I am forbidden from purchasing anymore. Pity, as the 3 moggies and I really like them, and I'm always in the market for another one....... at my peril it would now seem...

I bought one from the book man at work for £2.99 one year. It was great, really warm even if it was a horrible colour. Sadly the dog took a dislike to it, took it to his bed and shredded it. I would get another but not sure I'd want to pay £20+ though. QVC might do a deal nearer to christmas.

CC

Sometimes I walk around my flat with my double duvet wrapped around me! Maybe I should get one of those slanket things!

As much as I love the concept....they're just so unglamorous, ha ha!! Like Emu/Ugg boots (controversial I know!!) I'll just stick to my lovely fluffy/furry throws. I seriously think Mr C would disown me if a slanket or onesie appeared in the house, he he!!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

The plush slanket was the best thing I ever purchased from QVC, used it almost every day :happy:
I then bought the reversible one (pink/ leopard print :blush: ) I had to send that back for replacement because it was so badly made and had holes it it. The replacement was also very poorly made, really very badly tailored, but I could not be bothered to send it back. I don't like it and I prefer very much the plush one with the pocket for the arms:nod:

When I was a child I had my own special sheet made from brushed cotton. My mother said the material was called "Winsiette" or something like that. It was grea material. A bit like flannel. I loved it! Wish I could have bedding made from that material.

When I was a child I had my own special sheet made from brushed cotton. My mother said the material was called "Winsiette" or something like that. It was grea material. A bit like flannel. I loved it! Wish I could have bedding made from that material.

Oh gawd yes, sheets, jim jams, nighties.....! lol I think Winceyette (sic) might have been a trade name but it's basically a high quality cotton flannelette, brushed on both sides. You can still buy similar items, not sure how QVC's NN flannel range would compare however, I suspect that's only on one side but I don't have any so don't know for sure? :wonder:

:yawn: I have the Northern Night flannel and its lovely and cosy and snuggly. Does shed a bit of fluff , but sure
Julius has his Henry to sort that out, and once its washed its ok. Seriously love it in the winter, and
they do a heavyweight one, which i have in red, for when its really really winter, think snow. And when
i get in bed , its just soooooooooooooo luxurious. Not a cold spot anyway :happy:

I bought a proper Slanket cheap from Amazon the other summer. Don't find it particularly warm. Fleecy blankets and throws from Dunelm are much better imo.

I bought a proper Slanket cheap from Amazon the other summer. Don't find it particularly warm. Fleecy blankets and throws from Dunelm are much better imo.

The teddy bear throw from Dunelm is just gorgeous! Although mine now appears to belong to the cats, as do all the fleecy ones from there too! The warmest throw I have is a Catherine Lansfield one. It's fleecy one side and furry the other, sort of like a flower pattern embossed in it. I have one cream and one grey for the lounges but am seriously tempted to get another for our bed. I have another beautiful throw from Next. It's animal print and proper long hair faux fur, but it's silky the other side so never warms me up. It's lovely on top of the duvet and it looks fabulously stylish folded on my poof in the main lounge, he he!!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Thanks for the replies.
I just googled slanket and one click onto Lakelands website shows one for £9.99 + £2.99 P&P (free P&P if you spend over £30).
I am sure I paid about £25 ish from QVC last year (although it was reverseable). Even if they come back into stock I shall be getting one from elsewhere!!

Latest posts

Back