Skweez couture

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Toril

Registered Shopper
I don't have any shapewear, but I've just channel-hopped and seen the Skweez couture show and this brand seems quite expensive. Also, in reality, how many of us are as slim as the models who are wearing it?? If they're going to sell this type of clothing I personally think it would be more realistic to have curvy women on it to demonstrate it to see just how good a brand it is.

I have some from M & S. Any I tried from Q I returned. I agree they need curvier models for this.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

How many "slimming" ranges do QVC need??? Seems to be a new one every week these days!!!

How many "slimming" ranges do QVC need??? Seems to be a new one every week these days!!!

It's probably a 'guilt' thing after all the food shows and Thorntons ones. "We've fattened them up .......... now let's make them think they look slimmer."

And when they're modelled on ultra-slim models the 'average' woman gets no idea what they'll look like on her. That's one reason I've never bothered buying any. I just breathe in. :wink:

Again, like Sazza said, how many ranges of this stuff, do we need? We get that Janey trying to make out it's a miracle cure, bra's from a'ha that are crap. I am bigger, here, not on a diet, old...but quite frankly, I don't give a damm. Mind you I have nobody to see my draws YET lol lol

I volunteer to model them. If they can make me look skinny then they'd sell out in minutes ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's quite expensive and not realistic having stick thin models who don't look as if they need any ahem support.

You know that saying 'they're selling you a lifestyle' well they're selling you a vision of what your body could look like in them. Trouble is there's no way you're ever gonna look like that unless you start like that. I'd like to see Joy modelling this sort of thing (not in that way lol) at least you'd get a better idea...

Dont ya mean no chance of sex with them things:sad:

FIFTY 1 quid for knickers omg....What planet are these people on. I could get lipo cheaper, maybe lol. Not that I need it of course darlings ;-/

Oh no no no I don`t do torture in the form of shapewear. I like to feel all my bits alive and wobbling not encased in an elastic type straight jacket. I wore pantie girdles way back when and spent half my teenage years standing up trying to breathe in them and struggled many a time in the loo hoisting the pantie girdle back into place with the sound of the slapppppp of it as it hit flesh. I`d defy any man to try getting errrr intimate with a female wearing a pantie girdle, the damned thing would trap his hand, bruise his knuckles and cut off his circulation in one fell swoop. They were designed to be tough and by golly they succeeded. You`d arrive home after an uncomfortable night out, peel it off, admire the red ridges it left across your stomach and around the tops of your legs, scratch your bits and pray for the feeling to return to them by morning. Watching shapewear is like deja vu and gives me the colly wobbles. Let me at the high leg comfy lightweight Sloggi passion killers anyday !

My PG's weren't as tight as yours Vienna :whew: I wore them as a schoolgirl, I felt protected and still get teased by my sis to this day. Btw, I love Sloggi's too, must have about 20 pairs of the maxi, again big knickers lol!

The Real Housewives franchise is my guilty pleasure. In RHNYC, I always admired Jill Zarin; she used her fame to aid charity by taking part in the Chris Evert pro/celebrity tennis classic. I expected QVC to have someone representing the brand, but Jill herself came over. I don't need shapewear, and I concur that there are only so many pieces of underwear a girl can have, but the Q is in the business of providing choice to the customer.

Latest posts

Back